What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

dynasty first draft pick (1 Viewer)

gmb027

Footballguy
I keep fluctuating as to who to take with the first pick in my dynasty league. QBs on my roster include Brady Garrapalo and Hurts. RBs include AAron Jones, Helaire, D. Johnson, and Gordon. WR include JuJu, Mike Evans, Deebo Samauel and Gallop. My TEs are Fant and Cook. 

My current inclination is to draft Pitts., as he is a generational talent. Would love opinions.....

I keep fluctuating as to who to take with the first pick in my dynasty league. QBs on my roster include Brady Garrapalo and Hurts. RBs include AAron Jones, Helaire, D. Johnson, and Gordon. WR include JuJu, Mike Evans, Deebo Samauel and Gallop. My TEs are Fant and Cook. 

My current inclination is to draft Pitts., as he is a generational talent. Would love opinions.....
Take the player you think has the best chance to hit and become a fantasy starter for years to come.  Don't get caught up in team need.  Make a combined draft board and take the guy you have rated highest.  Rookie drafts in dynasty are all about hitting on your picks.  It does you no good to take a lesser player because you need position X if that player isn't going to hit.  Taking a player that hits is the most important thing.  The best chance you have at doing that is taking the player you think is the best regardless of position or team need.  

QB- T Lawerence

RB- N Harris 

WR- J Chase

TE K Pitts. 

Each of these players are generational talents.  Pick the one that fits your teams needs the best.  

It sound like you like Pitts and you're looking for justification.  THere are 4 great players. The ones mentioned above.  Pitts could get you positional scoring advantage for years to come. If he's 21 +/- I don't know his age. That's like 9yrs until 30.   That's 3 player windows.   Most players have a 3 year window to make things happen before you drop/cut/trade etc.  Pitts could play well into his 30s.  How long do top RBs last? 3-5 years of top 5 production is a great career.   WR play well into their 30s but less often.  QBs have been doing it quite regularly.   Of QB Lawrence. WR Chase, RB NAJEE.  TE PITTS  They're all relatively safe bets.  As good as you can get.  I think and agree that Pitts is possibly more rare based on expectations thrust upon him.  He might change the game. How many young TEs are there to compete with him?  Kittle is 28 and proven. Kelce 32 proven and still playing at a high level. Waller 29, Hockenson 24.  Not as established.  Pitts at 21 is already in the conversation with the top 4/5.  Pitts QB situation, team situation isn't ideal but you don't want to pass up on elite talent simply due to situation.    Najee situation could be amazing in 2021 and you might initially regret it.  But after BigBen leaves Pit does he become Saquon?  8man fronts vs NYG all day? I don't know.  I think the crappy thing is that you can only get one of them. See if you can trade for another draft pick and get Chase.   I'd also ride Brady this season but look for your Future QB.  If Garappolo has a good game sell him.  Hurts migth have some growing pains: Cheap QBs w/ upside could be Watson, Winston, Darnold, Tannehill, Stafford, Trey Lance, If you're always planning 3yrs from now you're not going to make the short sighted moves that are common in Dynasty early on.     I'm a big fan of trading players for 2nd and 3rd round picks.  Grab them off waivers. Wait for them to break out and trade them.  You might sell on the low side but you can acquire a lot of equity in draft picks and there's no limit usually on # you can old. I have 4 of the first 13 picks in this draft and 8 of the first 31 picks.  I don't need that many but I'll sell two 3rds for 2022 2nd etc.   You might want to target AJ Dillon for Jones insurance and Javonte Williams for Gordon.  WRs try to find the next breakout.  WR1 types regardless.  Evans is doing well but getting older. iF you're not in a Win/Now mode for your league Sell Brady/Evans tandem to Win Now owner.  Aiyuk is the future in SF at WR!.  I like Deebo but don't overvalue him.  Jalen Hurd can help if he gets healthy. I like WRs because they last a long time and I can start up to 6 each week in my league for flex positions. ....So...if I am grabbing Sleepers off of the waiver wire....what good are they on my bench or does it screw me during a BYE week if I have to drop them and grab a RB/QB to fill in.  I'd rather just plug in my Sleeper/roster stash player.   I'll err on longevity and opportunity.  MYQB Wilson, Watson, Tua.   WR: Hopkins, Jefferson, AJBrown, Godwin, Laviska, Reagor, Pittman, Campbell.    RB Zeke, Chubb, JK Dobbins,  Akers, AJ Dillon, RonJones2,  TE Kelce, Goedert, Engram.   Ideally, I leave this draft with CHASE/PITTS as I'm picking #9, #10 #11 and #13.  I won't get Chase.  I'm hoping for Pitts, Waddle,  Etienne might drop.  Qbs are premium.  So they're going 4 of first 6 picks in my league.  Hope this is helpful.  

If this is a standard league, I wouldn't consider a QB.  Like some of the others have said, take whoever you think has the best chance of "hitting".  Being overloaded at a position is not a bad thing.  It gives you options.  While Pitts is considered a generational talent, I'm still hesitant.  TE's rarely produce in their first two seasons.  While he could be the exception, I wouldn't feel bad for drafting Najee or Chase instead.  If you have a hard-on for Pitts, go get him.  I wouldn't fault you for that either.  And if it doesn't work out, chalk it up to a learning experience.  If Pitts is your guy, go for it and have fun!  Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread