What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick-a-Player 1.05, PPR: Henry, Hill, Kelce (1 Viewer)

Given the scenario below, who would you select?

• Derrick Henry

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Tyreek Hill

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Travis Kelce

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Other/None of these three

Votes: 5 13.2%

• Total voters

Clayton Gray

Just call me Carlton
Staff member
It's time to Pick-a-Player! We give you a common drafting situation and you let us know how you would handle it. We will tally up the results and quote a few of the better replies in the article on the Footballguys website.

It's the 1.05 pick in a PPR league. Christian McCaffrey, Dalvin Cook, Alvin Kamara, and Saquon Barkley are off the board. Would you select Derrick Henry, Tyreek Hill, or Travis Kelce? Or would you pass on all three?

Your starting lineup: 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB, WR, TE), 1 PK, 1 Def

Remember, we will quote a few of the better replies in the article.

This will close July 5, at 10:00 AM Eastern.

I went with Henry. He’s still the straw that stirs the Titans drink in Tennessee. The loss of Jonnu and Davis, who are good blockers at their respective positions, should be offset somewhat by the addition of Julio helping spread things out on the perimeter. 

I’d strongly consider Davante here as I still believe that Rodgers will ultimately end up playing for the Packers this year and that combo is pretty much unstoppable.

Henry for me. Still in the space where I’d rather take the RB knowing that WR depth is better later. Would probably also consider a couple of others (Zeke, Taylor) before looking at WR. 

I voted Henry but was very close to going with "Other" and leaning towards Aaron Jones.  I think Jones will catch a lot of balls this year and be the focal point for the RB passing game which boosts his production quite a bit.  I eventually settled on Henry because I think he is the safer pick but with a slightly lower ceiling.  With early picks I like a higher floor/safer pick.  

Derrick Henry is the obvious choice here. He is a workhorse and despite not being used much in the passing game, he does have solid skills there. The Titans should continue to use Henry heavily in the run game  which is a great match with a solid run blocking offensive line.  Despite steadily increasing his rushing attempts in each of the last four seasons, he has also increased his yards per carry up to 5.4 ypc in 2020 when he had 378 attempts. His work load is even more impressive when you consider that there were only two other running backs with over 250 attempts. The Titans addition of Julio Jones this off season combined with the talented A. J. Brown provides Ryan Tannehill with much more efficient receivers on the outside, which in turn should give Henry even better opportunities to run. Perhaps he will see less carries in 2021, but he should easily continue to lead the league and he could be a bit more involved in the passing game, particularly with the change in offensive coordinators.

Other. Zek Elliott. With Prescott back and so many weapons around, I can see 15 TDs for Elliott and his usage going on. 

in the survivor leaguers going on now, I had him 3rd in my pre draft list. I took him at 1.7 ahead of Henry and Hill. Kelce was gone. 

It’s obviously Henry and it’s because the starting  lineup requirements are for 2 RBs. Positional scarcity y’all

Can you imagine if the titans actually passed the ball to henry?  (Not sure what kind of hands he has bc we have really never seen it, but imagine him catching a ball in the flat with nothing but corners and safeties to get past...)

Users who are viewing this thread