What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My Son graduated from the Imperial Academy of don't accept NO from people who are not authorized to tell you Yes, I couldn't be prouder of him. (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
He's watched me do it since he entered my life 3 years ago and at first I told him don't do what Dad does, you'll get in trouble. But he's a chip off the old block and he had his first run in at Walmart getting a tire changed or fixed for his girlfriend's car. Tech looks it over and says nothing wrong with the tire no reason for it to go flat. 

My son decides that maybe they don't know what they are talking about and starts to really examine the tire and start running his hands around and sure enough he finds the nail and begins to tell these folks they will now be fixing his tire for free or someone is getting a phone call and there will be real trouble about this. 

Clerk/Tech "I can't do that for you even if I wanted to"

MoP the 2nd "That's right you can't so get me the guy who has the authority to make this happen"

Manager came down and my son showed him all the pics he took and asked if he needed to speak with someone at corporate?

Gen Manager of store "I don't think that will be needed, I can take care of this and I'm sorry that my tech didn't see this, we're short handed and had a couple call outs but I'll make this right"

That kid is going to be alright  :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
He's watched me do it since he entered my life 3 years ago and at first I told him don't do what Dad does, you'll get in trouble. But he's a chip off the old block and he had his first run in at Walmart getting a tire changed or fixed for his girlfriend's car. Tech looks it over and says nothing wrong with the tire no reason for it to go flat. 

My son decides that maybe they don't know what they are talking about and starts to really examine the tire and start running his hands around and sure enough he finds the nail and begins to tell these folks they will now be fixing his tire for free or someone is getting a phone call and there will be real trouble about this. 

Clerk/Tech "I can't do that for you even if I wanted to"

MoP the 2nd "That's right you can't so get me the guy who has the authority to make this happen"

Manager came down and my son showed him all the pics he took and asked if he needed to speak with someone at corporate?

Gen Manager of store "I don't think that will be needed, I can take care of this and I'm sorry that my tech didn't see this, we're short handed and had a couple call outs but I'll make this right"

That kid is going to be alright  :wub:
I don’t get why the shop should fix the tire for free because a tech missed a nail?

they only charge $10 to plug a leak anyway.

I mean....its walmart, so nobody is crying over it.....but congrats to your son on getting something for free by being unnecessarily jerky?

Did he record the whole thing and post it on tik tok?
So it's OK in your book for what would have likely been his girlfriend just driving off and then it goes flat quickly, it's amazing you find no fault with the tech person and think my son is a jerk, nice TLEF, real nice. OK got cha and thanks for voicing your opinion.

He DID, the Manager knocked the tire down to cost and had it mounted for FREE
I’m very confused. So your son went into a tire shop with an old worn tire with a nail in it and demanded a free tire, “threatening” the staff, because the tech missed the nail? Shouldn’t he have been going in to get a new tire anyway?

I’m very confused. So your son went into a tire shop with an old worn tire with a nail in it and demanded a free tire, “threatening” the staff, because the tech missed the nail? Shouldn’t he have been going in to get a new tire anyway?
he went into a tire shop with an old worn tire with a nail in it and wanted it fixed. Tire shop said nothing wrong with tire. Son found nail and went MOP. Manager gave him free mounting and tire at cost to reward his actions. 

which I still don't get but whatever.

he went into a tire shop with an old worn tire with a nail in it and wanted it fixed. Tire shop said nothing wrong with tire. Son found nail and went MOP. Manager gave him free mounting and tire at cost to reward his actions. 

which I still don't get but whatever.
It seems odd you would go into a shop asking for a new tire and the tech would say “no”.

And the nail seems to be a complete red herring since the tire needed to be replaced anyway. 

Stop! 

-Tech looked the tire over and sent him on his way like he would have done to others and my son knew better. So he decided to double check his work and found the nail before he pulled out at Walmart, he caught them red handed, it wasn't hard to find. 

How much other damage have these guys done to other cars? My son walked right back in and got it resolved and maybe those screwballs learned a lesson, they didn't even look at the tire or they could have found it, that's the real issue. There's no way they actually did what he asked them to do. 

He had the evidence with the pictures, pretty easy for the Manager to step in and correct things. 

So he caught the incompetent auto department at Walmart red handed and taught them a lesson by buying a tire at cost from them and letting same bunch of incompetents mount it for free!
Did he actually buy the new tire or get one for free after complaining?

Stop! 

-Tech looked the tire over and sent him on his way like he would have done to others and my son knew better. So he decided to double check his work and found the nail before he pulled out at Walmart, he caught them red handed, it wasn't hard to find. 

How much other damage have these guys done to other cars? My son walked right back in and got it resolved and maybe those screwballs learned a lesson, they didn't even look at the tire or they could have found it, that's the real issue. There's no way they actually did what he asked them to do. 

He had the evidence with the pictures, pretty easy for the Manager to step in and correct things. 
He showed the managers pictures of the nail in the tire, instead of the actual nail in the tire? This story just keeps getting more confusing.

The post didn't make much sense but I feel obligated to point out:

1) it's a little early to have had this many drinks. 

2) If you've not been drinking, perhaps go get assessed for stroke symptoms? 

Stop! 

What does “caught them red handed” mean? Had they charged your son/his girlfriend to look at the tire?

So a tech made a mistake (alert the press) and your son found it and instead of nicely pointing it out he went all "chip off the ole block" threw a fit and got a cheap tire out of it?

I hope someday my daughter gets into an ivy league college, gets a great job and has a wonderful family, but I don't think I could be as proud of her as you are of your son at that exact moment when he told you of his conquering of Wal-Mart. God Bless. 

In MOP's honor, I just had my own customer service conflict this morning, but I ended up the loser in said situation. 

Our Dunkin is packed every day--I mean line down the street and out the door type packed. So we always order ahead on the app to avoid the line, We order a dozen donuts this morning.--no biggie. I go inside and tell her my order number. Boom, order is ready and the girl puts the little sticker on the box so it won't pop open. As I start to leave the store,  I notice the box is unusually light. I stop and unseal the box and sure enough, there are 5 donuts in the box. I go back up to the window and I say, "Hey, I paid for 12 and I got 5." The lady there says, "Yeah we are out of a lot of things," and she turned and started working on another order. I just stood there in shock and finally the manager comes  over and repeats the same line, but she inquires if I want to come down to the case and pick out seven more. I mean, should I have said, "No, I am happy paying for a dozen and getting five. See you!!" So I go down to the case. Mind you, there is a line of people out the door at this time.  All they had left were the crappy pink frosted ones that no one likes, some powdered and some chocolate. I said just give me chocolate. She then had the nerve to ask, me, "Do you want the ones with sprinkles because we don't have them." I am like just give me whatever you have okay!!"

I leave and had I had some pennies, I would have thrown them upon my exit.

I get home and boy did that lady get the last laugh on me because she must have pushed down on the top of the box when she was putting the last one in and all the chocolate frosting ended up all over the inside of the lid and hardly any was left on the donuts themselves. 

So a tech made a mistake (alert the press) and your son found it and instead of nicely pointing it out he went all "chip off the ole block" threw a fit and got a cheap tire out of it?

I hope someday my daughter gets into an ivy league college, gets a great job and has a wonderful family, but I don't think I could be as proud of her as you are of your son at that exact moment when he told you his conquering of Wal-Mart. God Bless. 
My biggest problem  with this isn't that he went over the head of the tech and complained to management.  It's that if they can't find a nail, ain't no way they're getting a second chance to work on my car.

I'm driving down the street to Discount Tire or local tire chain and asking them to check tire. 

But that's just me, Mr. Passive Aggressive. 

The way I see it, they missed finding the nail in the tire. Your son pointed it out to them. So, the only restitution he should expect is they remove the nail and plug the hole for free. Then your son and his girlfriend leave with a patched tire that is still on its last legs. Your son got way more than that, so the Manager is just getting rid of a PITA customer that he doesn't want to waste any more time on. Congrats?

In MOP's honor, I just had my own customer service conflict this morning, but I ended up the loser in said situation. 

Our Dunkin is packed every day--I mean line down the street and out the door type packed. So we always order ahead on the app to avoid the line, We order a dozen donuts this morning.--no biggie. I go inside and tell her my order number. Boom, order is ready and the girl puts the little sticker on the box so it won't pop open. As I start to leave the store,  I notice the box is unusually light. I stop and unseal the box and sure enough, there are 5 donuts in the box. I go back up to the window and I say, "Hey, I paid for 12 and I got 5." The lady there says, "Yeah we are out of a lot of things," and she turned and started working on another order. I just stood there in shock and finally the manager comes  over and repeats the same line, but she inquires if I want to come down to the case and pick out seven more. I mean, should I have said, "No, I am happy paying for a dozen and getting five. See you!!" So I go down to the case. Mind you, there is a line of people out the door at this time.  All they had left were the crappy pink frosted ones that no one likes, some powdered and some chocolate. I said just give me chocolate. She then had the nerve to ask, me, "Do you want the ones with sprinkles because we don't have them." I am like just give me whatever you have okay!!"

I leave and had I had some pennies, I would have thrown them upon my exit.

I get home and boy did that lady get the last laugh on me because she must have pushed down on the top of the box when she was putting the last one in and all the chocolate frosting ended up all over the inside of the lid and hardly any was left on the donuts themselves. 
As a donut person, this would annoy me

The way I see it, they missed finding the nail in the tire. Your son pointed it out to them. So, the only restitution he should expect is they remove the nail and plug the hole for free. Then your son and his girlfriend leave with a patched tire that is still on its last legs. Your son got way more than that, so the Manager is just getting rid of a PITA customer that he doesn't want to waste any more time on. Congrats?
I don't see why he would be entitled to any restitution unless he paid for the diagnostic, in which case I think it would be fair to refund that cost.

I don't see why missing something in the diagnosis should mean you get a free tire or free repair.

Deamon said:
Skipdog77 said:
I hope you named your son Karen. 
Beat me to it.  This is prime Karen behaviour.  The fact that someone is bragging about this makes it even worse.  The kid is going to turn into a "i want to talk to the manager".  I'd be a concerned father.
Please stop using my name as a slur.

Thank you.

FreeBaGeL said:
I don't see why he would be entitled to any restitution unless he paid for the diagnostic, in which case I think it would be fair to refund that cost.

I don't see why missing something in the diagnosis should mean you get a free tire or free repair.
Oh, I agree. But, we are talking about MoP and his son here. They are obviously big fans of the rant and rave  ,squeaky wheel gets the grease approach. So, if I was the Manager, the most I would have offered is removal of the nail and a free repair. I think it would normally be a less than $20 charge, so well worth it to eat that cost and send them on their way. Perhaps a username change to MoPITA is in order?

I'm super impressed that your 3 year old son can articulate such sentences. Don't get me wrong, I've heard some wise cracking young ones before.

Has a girlfriend that has a car - is it pink with a squeeky button for a horn? Was this the car in question?

And climbed up high enough on a lift to take pictures of a nail in the tire.

Users who are viewing this thread