What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you watch baseball? (1 Viewer)

When's the last time you attended a game?

• 1-3 years ago

Votes: 114 51.1%
  • 3-5 years ago

Votes: 43 19.3%
  • 5+ years ago

Votes: 64 28.7%
  • Never

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
The x-factor is that Sale is coming back this Saturday.  All indications are that he looks like the ace that he's always been.  This might be what they need to swing some of that momentum back.  

Local reporters said, right after the trade deadline, you could feel it in the dugout. What few moves Sox mgmt made got them to like 11 cents under the tax threshold (and they werent in any danger of the 3yr megapenalty, which they'd dispatched last season) and the players felt the lack of support for making this season special. they'd become a team that was 20some games over .500 when 20 under was the forecast, the junkballers had somewhat endured the Spidertack deadline and they'all were still summoning comebacks regularly tho the bats had been slumping overall. when they got a big PFFFFFT, "here's a broken catcher and some waiver meat" it completely deflated the effort. damn shame, all so Chaim Bloom can feel safe in his dreams of Triston Casas...

ETA: yes, the Blue Jays have more the look & feel of a champ squad than any i've seen lately. If Vlad's aint the best bat, it's the most ominous. and the closer knows what he's doing more than i thought.
From what I read, Sox management was surprised to be in this position and didn’t want to jeopardize future seasons for this one. But you gotta swing when you get a chance imo. Not like the division is ever going to get easier. 

Boston having a rough go of it since the All Star Break although they started off 8-4 but 2-9 since then with sweeps by the Rays, and losing both Series to Detroit and Toronto managing just 1 out of 4 there. 

A full 4 games behind the Rays now and only 2-3 games out of being passed for the Wildcard by both the Yankees and the Blue Jays. 

The bigger question I had is why is a grown man repeatedly yelling to get the attention of a mascot during a live at bat?
He said he had his grandkids with him and wanted to get a picture of them with the mascot. In one of the videos you can see him waving at the mascot. 

Feel bad for that dude. 

Eleven first-inning runs over the past 5 games for the White Sox after TA and Eloy hit homers in the first against the mound-puker Burroughs. 

Eloy is swinging it. When healthy, this team is goooood.

And Luis Robert starts a game in CF for the first time in 3+ months. 

Looking good boys...

Eleven first-inning runs over the past 5 games for the White Sox after TA and Eloy hit homers in the first against the mound-puker Burroughs. 

Looking good boys...

I put $100 on them at +700 yesterday to win the World Series. Let's gooooo....

I'm thinking that number is going to come down over the next several weeks if they keep playing like they have the past few games.

(as Sano drops a pop fly to 1B and Luis hustles to 2nd base....)

When it rains, it pours for the Twinkies tonight. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Red Sox are fading. Jays look good. 
Blue Jays are hungry, finally home after almost 2 seasons and 2 years on the road, they are full of talent and I'd love to see them make the Playoffs or in the run until the end, they are going to be good for a while moving forward. Bos-TB-NYY-Tor is going to make for some really good Baseball the next few years,  they all go about it differently and things won't last like this forever. 

Go Rays!

The bigger question I had is why is a grown man repeatedly yelling to get the attention of a mascot during a live at bat?
My son screamed out for Tricia Whitaker walking up the stairs in the stands, she is a blond curvy buxom reporter for the Rays, I was quite proud of him when she stopped and said hello as she was making the rounds by home plate. 

Tricia 😄

Looking good boys...

Yup I feel good heading into my fantasy baseball playoffs with Eloy, Robert and Abreu all in my starting lineup.  

And once again the Rays pour it on in the last 3 innings scoring 6 runs tonight and Mejia the back up Catcher delivers again in the clutch. Choi manages to pinch hit 2 runs to tie the game and also loans his 1B Glove to Luplow, would love to hear why he was starting at first base tonight, that's crazy. The Rays just grabbed him and I believe DJ Johnson who got hurt right before the deadline and you scratch your head but DJ was pitching shutout his short time before he landed on IL and Luplow I know very little about but he is playing and starting games vs the Red Sox. 

Rays BP once again and they really didn't have to tap it much. Patino hung in thru the 6th, gave up 4 runs which is too much but he looked good early on, Kittredge took over and shut them down, Louis Head back from Durham icing on the cake, please don't send him back to the minors again, 0.00 ERA, 10+ appearances out of the BP, just leave him be. 

Brandon Lowe is in scoring position every time he steps into the batter's box.  His HR to tie it up 1-1 early is what you want, answer the Red Sox HR in the next half inning, terrific job and he had a big Double off the wall late in the game as well. 

So how long until the Rockies change the name of their mascot?

One fan yells too loudly one game, a player with perhaps a little over sensitive hearing catches what he thinks is a racial slur and all hell breaks loose even though the fan did NOTHING WRONG by all reports. 

But let's whip up a problem or story and honestly Dinger isn't a great name but most Baseball Mascots stink except the San Diego Chicken if he even still exists...he does it seems although the same guy did it for a long long time. 

1982, 1983, 1984 Donruss had a Baseball Card with the Chicken and they advertised you could mail it in for an actual autograph and have it returned.

And Boston tacks on 6 more runs vs the Rays' back up Catcher in the 8th inning. Mejia at one point tossed 7 pitches allowing 4 earned runs, finishes up the night with a season ERA of 27.00 

And Boston tacks on 6 more runs vs the Rays' back up Catcher in the 8th inning. Mejia at one point tossed 7 pitches allowing 4 earned runs, finishes up the night with a season ERA of 27.00 

i believe the largest non-infinity lifetime ERA is 243.00 somebody got a cup o coffee, gave up 9 runs but did get an out and never saw the show again

Phillies 1b is clearly off the bag on a 6-3 for Trea Turner. Challenge upheld hes called out lol

Even the Phillies announcers were like “well we have no idea what the replay people were looking at”

🙄

@CarmanTse: damn they busted out the A-10s for the flyover!!!

@RubinoJC: The Field of Dreams flyover not being a bunch of crop dusters is a fail.

Corbin Burnes tied a MLB record by striking out 10 consecutive batters last night, all on swinging third strikes. He did it in 41 pitches, with none of the at-bats going longer than 5 pitches.  The only mitigating factor is it came against the Cubs, so may not be recognized as a true record as though it came against an actual big league club. Burnes now leads the league in K's/9 at 12.8 over 20 starts.

Burnes set a record at the start of the season by recording 48 strike outs before giving up his first walk.

I checked out 20-1 and had no idea the Rays ripped 7 meaningless runs in the 9th the other night and then rolled 8-1 the next afternoon, game was over by the time I came home. 

Brett Phillips is from Seminole and that is where my son lives and grew up when he was youngster, suburb of St Pete and it floors me he has 3 Grand Slams in the last 9 or 10 games, that's astonishing. He looks like one of the least likely guys on that team to hit a Home Run outside of Brandon Lowe.

I didn't realize how much the Rays are despised by so many in the National media and I'll point at Tony Kornheiser just as an example who ripped the Rays I felt the other night on PTI and I usually like to hear him weigh in on topics. 

Rays get a pretty easy stretch the next 7 nights/days vs Twins and Orioles, hope they can keep things rolling. 

I checked out 20-1 and had no idea the Rays ripped 7 meaningless runs in the 9th the other night and then rolled 8-1 the next afternoon, game was over by the time I came home. 

Brett Phillips is from Seminole and that is where my son lives and grew up when he was youngster, suburb of St Pete and it floors me he has 3 Grand Slams in the last 9 or 10 games, that's astonishing. He looks like one of the least likely guys on that team to hit a Home Run outside of Brandon Lowe.

I didn't realize how much the Rays are despised by so many in the National media and I'll point at Tony Kornheiser just as an example who ripped the Rays I felt the other night on PTI and I usually like to hear him weigh in on topics. 

Rays get a pretty easy stretch the next 7 nights/days vs Twins and Orioles, hope they can keep things rolling. 
the Rays scored 7 in the 9th the other night and still lost by 12. That has to be a first. 

Random ?...Is Matt Silverman getting the respect he deserves? He’s the one constant thru the Stu era but seems like coaches and GMs get the credit.

Ministry of Pain said:

Brett

Phillips

is from Seminole and that is where my son lives and grew up when he was youngster, suburb of St Pete and it floors me he has 3 Grand Slams in the last 9 or 10 games, that's astonishing. He looks like one of the least likely guys on that team to hit a Home Run outside of Brandon Lowe.

It says a lot about Cruz the player when the crowd at Target field last night not only game him a standing ovation when he came up to bat the first time, but also after his first homerun.   He is one of those players that deserves a ring no matter who he gets it with so GO RAYS

Users who are viewing this thread