What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you watch baseball? (1 Viewer)

When's the last time you attended a game?

• 1-3 years ago

Votes: 114 51.1%
  • 3-5 years ago

Votes: 43 19.3%
  • 5+ years ago

Votes: 64 28.7%
  • Never

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
Padres don't have the pitching to make any noise this year.  Darvish was an ace most of the year but he's been pretty bad since the crackdown.  He's either injured or seriously having issues without the sticky stuff (or both).  Beyond him, can they really trust guys like Snell and Musgrove in the playoffs?  The offense is very good (especially if/when Tatis is healthy) but pitching will ultimately be their downfall.  

Padres don't have the pitching to make any noise this year.  Darvish was an ace most of the year but he's been pretty bad since the crackdown.  He's either injured or seriously having issues without the sticky stuff (or both).  Beyond him, can they really trust guys like Snell and Musgrove in the playoffs?  The offense is very good (especially if/when Tatis is healthy) but pitching will ultimately be their downfall.  
I saw Paddack pitch a few weeks ago and he has like 2 pitches. That’s it. He got out of a lot of jams, but no way he could get this team into the playoffs. 

fred_1_15301 said:

Larry Rothschild was a bad choice for that staff. He spent the teens turning Yankee fireballin prospects into relievers and rejects incapable of surviving anyone's 3rd atbat. hope he'll be gone before he has a chance @ Mackenzie Gore

Prayers for Chris Bassitt.  Took a batted ball to the face.  Did NOT look good, and he kept a towel to his face the whole time, including on the ride off the diamond.  Worried it might be his right eye. :(

facook said:
Prayers for Chris Bassitt.  Took a batted ball to the face.  Did NOT look good, and he kept a towel to his face the whole time, including on the ride off the diamond.  Worried it might be his right eye. :(
That was brutal.  :(

facook said:

Reports are stitches and a jaw/cheek fracture.  It didn't appear any damage to the eye itself so about as good as you could hope under the circumstances.

Went to the A’s/Giants game in Oakland last night. The A’s are an absolute amateur operation and it was borderline criminal how they staffed the stadium.

Got there over an hour before the game planning on a little tailgating with friends. Sat in over two hours of traffic because they had a single person running the parking lot. Created complete traffic gridlock in the city and slowed the freeway to a crawl for 20 miles. Ended up missing 3 innings.

Concession stands are only staffed with a single person to pour beers, move food and process payments, leading to 45+ minute waits. Of course the Colosseum has almost no TVs in these areas so you’re literally missing the game if you want a drink. By the 7th inning the concession stands were running out of food.

The women’s restrooms were missing toilet seats, creating huge lines for them.

They’ve been demanding taxpayers fund their new stadium for years, but after yesterday I don’t think they are competent enough to manage it.  Absolute #### show. 

Wow. That is disheartening. I only have 10 mlb parks left to hit and that is one of them. 
I mean I’ve been to plenty of games there, but never against a team that filled the seats. The place is a dump and has been for years. Not worth going out of your way to visit, but if you haven’t been to a game in SF yet, make sure the A’s are playing a team nobody wants to watch.

I also realize there are staffing issues going on across multiple industries, but having been to a Giants game a few weeks ago they were fully staffed and operating like normal. I’m guessing the A’s treat their employees like garbage. 

Went to the A’s/Giants game in Oakland last night. The A’s are an absolute amateur operation and it was borderline criminal how they staffed the stadium.

Got there over an hour before the game planning on a little tailgating with friends. Sat in over two hours of traffic because they had a single person running the parking lot. Created complete traffic gridlock in the city and slowed the freeway to a crawl for 20 miles. Ended up missing 3 innings.

Concession stands are only staffed with a single person to pour beers, move food and process payments, leading to 45+ minute waits. Of course the Colosseum has almost no TVs in these areas so you’re literally missing the game if you want a drink. By the 7th inning the concession stands were running out of food.

The women’s restrooms were missing toilet seats, creating huge lines for them.

They’ve been demanding taxpayers fund their new stadium for years, but after yesterday I don’t think they are competent enough to manage it.  Absolute #### show. 
I like the A’s, but they have always run their franchise like this, going back to Finley.  I feel for their fans, it’s amazing that anyone goes to see them.  The Midwest League South Bend cubs run a more competent organization. 

Just got done watching the little league World Series. Loved the pace of the games, kids stay in the batters box and the pitchers get the ball and throw it. Much less boring than the turtle pace of MLB games.
I grew up playing for Taylor South Little League, and we played Taylor North on occasion, back when it was Taylor Northeast. If I had lived on the other side of Goddard Road, I’d have been in that league instead, but I’m glad that my childhood hometown won the championship. Taylor South hosts the Junior League World Series, or at least they did.

Smart move by Javy Baez in a contract year.

@Mets: Statement from Mets President Sandy Alderson.https://bit.ly/3Dtf6WN

I grew up playing for Taylor South Little League, and we played Taylor North on occasion, back when it was Taylor Northeast. If I had lived on the other side of Goddard Road, I’d have been in that league instead, but I’m glad that my childhood hometown won the championship. Taylor South hosts the Junior League World Series, or at least they did.
I played when they still had Taylor North Central (pretty sure that was different from Taylor North).  It was the one where Pardee dead ends after Ecorse edit: so looks like TNC became Taylor North at some point

also went to high school with the coach, he was a year behind me

was nice seeing them win

Last edited by a moderator:

Not a fan of the Mets bringing in Baez. I know some of the guys on the team love him already, so that helps a bit, but it seems like the player he is now is very different than a couple years back. 
Nice to see that close knit group work so well together here. 

Dan Lambskin said:
I played when they still had Taylor North Central (pretty sure that was different from Taylor North).  It was the one where Pardee dead ends after Ecorse edit: so looks like TNC became Taylor North at some point

also went to high school with the coach, he was a year behind me

was nice seeing them win
They apparently combined leagues because of falling enrollment, back when I played in the 90s, our team from South was usually better.

JaxBill said:

Gotta love Francisco Lindor also doing this. 300m contract, horrendous first season, let's boo the fans!

Little League coaches across New England turning off Red Sox game after watching this inning defensively. 

With two out in the 9th inning of the Cle-Bos game, the local Red Sox broadcast flashed a graphic saying that new closer Adam Ottavino had gone longer without giving up a home run than any Boston hurler since 1895. Indian OF Franmil Reyes cleared the Monstah with a game-tying homer on the very next pitch.

Mets players boo their fans. Somehow when you're shelling out a bunch of disposable income that could be otherwise spent to have players boo you and basically point to their unit, you're just...I don't know.

Yes, it would be nice and contrarian and very Gawkerish or whatever player-friendly labor-friendly idiocy one requires these days to be truly hip and to take the schmoozy players' side and be player-friendly, but do they really ####in' deserve it? Can't you just shut your mouth at that salary, or vent in other ways? Like, address the media, and say that you're sorry you're having a ####ty year and that you're trying everything to make it right, it just isn't going that way and for the fans to boo if they feel so obliged.

How ####### hard is humility at 300 million a contract? Lindor can eat me, really. That's from all the fans. These guys aren't labor. They're all mini-corporations with PR departments and brands.

From me to them:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You guys suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
And getting ready to watch college football pregame  but no, a useless, boring, mind numbing baseball game that started probably 8 hours ago STILL going on. Who do they think watches this garbage. Watch paint dry or baseball,  grass growing or baseball.  I'll take paint and grass every time. 

Mets players boo their fans. Somehow when you're shelling out a bunch of disposable income that could be otherwise spent to have players boo you and basically point to their unit, you're just...I don't know.

Yes, it would be nice and contrarian and very Gawkerish or whatever player-friendly labor-friendly idiocy one requires these days to be truly hip and to take the schmoozy players' side and be player-friendly, but do they really ####in' deserve it? Can't you just shut your mouth at that salary, or vent in other ways? Like, address the media, and say that you're sorry you're having a ####ty year and that you're trying everything to make it right, it just isn't going that way and for the fans to boo if they feel so obliged.

How ####### hard is humility at 300 million a contract? Lindor can eat me, really. That's from all the fans. These guys aren't labor. They're all mini-corporations with PR departments and brands.

From me to them:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You guys suck.

Entitlement is an ugly thing.

If he gives up one hit, pull him. 3 run lead, they could hold that. It's not like one swing could lose the game.
Its not the win he was worried about. It was the pitch count. Most pitches Burnes has thrown in his career. Want him healthy and fresh for the playoffs.

Its not the win he was worried about. It was the pitch count. Most pitches Burnes has thrown in his career. Want him healthy and fresh for the playoffs.
I realize I’m old, but I can’t see how throwing another 10- 20 pitches would prevent him from being healthy and fresh a month from now 

I realize I’m old, but I can’t see how throwing another 10- 20 pitches would prevent him from being healthy and fresh a month from now 
I'm old fashioned too and like the old school baseball when I guy could throw a complete game and 120-130 pitches. But Burnes talked Counsell in to letting him go out for the 8th. No way he was going to let him go out for the 9th. From the very beginning of the season the Brewers have talked about managing pitch counts, especially this year coming off last year when pitchers threw half the pitches they normally throw. It was also the most pitches Burnes has thrown in a start in his career. With the big division lead the Brewers have been very conservative in sitting players who have minor injuries as well. They are lazer focused on the post-season.

Users who are viewing this thread