What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you watch baseball? (1 Viewer)

When's the last time you attended a game?

• 1-3 years ago

Votes: 114 51.1%
  • 3-5 years ago

Votes: 43 19.3%
  • 5+ years ago

Votes: 64 28.7%
  • Never

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
And the most entertaining team in baseball comes back in extras for their 30th come from behind win this year! Cruz will be in the lineup tomorrow and there are already rumblings that Scherzer is the next acquisition!

The Diego vs Goliath (Franmil Reyes) showdown in the 10th was epic!

Hang in there Yanks, knock off the Sox and the Rays are back in first in the demanding AL East.

I was reading an article in The Athletic about DBacks owner Ken Kendricks. Apparently he got a lawyer (partner at firm that represents DBacks among others) fired for tweeting that Kendricks should sell to someone who cares. 

The damning evidence showing how bad an owner he is,  was that a threatening email sent to the lawyer was sent from "Kendricks personal AOL account".

Last edited by a moderator:
The Tampa Bay Rays will not be playing the Cleveland Indians tonight. 

This will be the first time they take the field as the new Cleveland Guardians of the Galaxy, their new logo is going to be a Maxell Hi Bias Cassette and the alternate logo will of course be the guy getting his hair blown back in the seat wearing the shades. 

When I read the connection to the Guardians along the bridge, seems like a good move but I am going to feel guilty watching Major League now. Was the fan base clamoring for a name change? I really didn't know they were doing this, was more focused on WFT.  

The Tampa Bay Rays will not be playing the Cleveland Indians tonight. 

This will be the first time they take the field as the new Cleveland Guardians of the Galaxy, their new logo is going to be a Maxell Hi Bias Cassette and the alternate logo will of course be the guy getting his hair blown back in the seat wearing the shades. 

When I read the connection to the Guardians along the bridge, seems like a good move but I am going to feel guilty watching Major League now. Was the fan base clamoring for a name change? I really didn't know they were doing this, was more focused on WFT.  
*lalala* Groot, groot, groot for the hooooome team *lalala*

The Rays who have very little to show at the moment in their starting rotation have traded Rich Hill, arguably their best starting pitcher this season and they have traded him to the New York Mets. 

I am hoping that Matt Scherzer and Kyle Gibson are coming because they also have traded away 2 Top-20 Pitching Prospects to get 41-yr old Nelson Cruz. 

Hope the Rays will be announcing their pitching moves soon. Hunter did pitch for the Rays in 2017, like 60 games out of the bullpen, 2.61 ERA, they must think they can get him in shape. 

Joe Mammy said:
And the most entertaining team in baseball comes back in extras for their 30th come from behind win this year! Cruz will be in the lineup tomorrow and there are already rumblings that Scherzer is the next acquisition!

The Diego vs Goliath (Franmil Reyes) showdown in the 10th was epic!

Hang in there Yanks, knock off the Sox and the Rays are back in first in the demanding AL East.
Not sure Scherzer is in the cards but I would love it if he landed in St Pete. 

Jon Gray-Rockies, Matthew Boyd-Tigers, Tyler Anderson-Pirates, Kyle Gibson-Rangers, Bumgarner-Diamondbacks...I would rank the probability in about that order right now. 

Ministry of Pain said:
The Rays who have very little to show at the moment in their starting rotation have traded Rich Hill, arguably their best starting pitcher this season and they have traded him to the New York Mets. 

I am hoping that Matt Scherzer and Kyle Gibson are coming because they also have traded away 2 Top-20 Pitching Prospects to get 41-yr old Nelson Cruz. 

Hope the Rays will be announcing their pitching moves soon. Hunter did pitch for the Rays in 2017, like 60 games out of the bullpen, 2.61 ERA, they must think they can get him in shape. 
Hill has been really bad since early July. He’s 41, approaching an innings limit and is close to done imo. I actually didn’t think he would make the playoff roster. 

Rays have more pitching than they know what to do with. Shane Baz will be up soon. Patino. Archer, McKay, Drake, Anderson, just tons of arms coming back these last few months. 

Rays have more pitching than they know what to do with. Shane Baz will be up soon. Patino. Archer, McKay, Drake, Anderson, just tons of arms coming back these last few months. 
Nick pitched 1 inning yesterday in Durham, 2K's. He'll be back up soon bolstering the best pen in baseball.

The Hill trade was puzzling. He could grunt a curveball about 36". I guess Hill for deGrom didn't fly.

Nick pitched 1 inning yesterday in Durham, 2K's. He'll be back up soon bolstering the best pen in baseball.

The Hill trade was puzzling. He could grunt a curveball about 36". I guess Hill for deGrom didn't fly.
Im with you JM, its weird that a team that has almost no SP would trade what has arguably been their most reliable and yet I agree with @Capella on this quite a bit, whatever they got for Rich Hill is going to taste sweet in spring training next year but we need pieces that can perform right now. 

Gray in CO, Gibson in TEX and Scherzer in WAS all seem like good moves. Scherzer was held out tonight so I think he is definitely being traded but don't be surprised if he ends up in Boston or Houston because I won't. 

When is the last time the Yankees were this bad?
They are on pace for 85 wins. In 2014 and 2016 they had 84 wins. But yes they are a horribly mismanaged team and horribly put together roster. Their rotation is Cole and a bunch of 5 inning injury prone pitchers (good job letting Tanaka leave). Their bullpen is their strength but has had some epic collapses (good job letting go of Whitlock to sign Wilson). And an all right handed lineup with absolutely zero athleticism (wtf happened to Torres).

I keep hearing rumors about a Charlie Morton reunion to the Rays and the cost is about $6M for the rest of the season and for Atlanta it seems time to focus on next year even though they are not totally out of it in the East but they can't get over .500 this year. 

Im with you JM, its weird that a team that has almost no SP would trade what has arguably been their most reliable and yet I agree with @Capella on this quite a bit, whatever they got for Rich Hill is going to taste sweet in spring training next year but we need pieces that can perform right now. 

Gray in CO, Gibson in TEX and Scherzer in WAS all seem like good moves. Scherzer was held out tonight so I think he is definitely being traded but don't be surprised if he ends up in Boston or Houston because I won't. 
I don’t think the Rays need to add any pitching at all. They have the best pitching in the league and a lot more ready to go. Hill was traded to make room for Patino, no other reason. 

I don’t think the Rays need to add any pitching at all. They have the best pitching in the league and a lot more ready to go. Hill was traded to make room for Patino, no other reason. 
Respectfully disagree but I am open to your thoughts on this, I just feel strongly they don't have enough in the starting rotation at the moment. Yarborough and McClanahan, Patino and Fleming, Glasnow is not coming back this year, that's my opinion but when you look at his career stats he simply cannot put together a full season. Many of them are 60 innings with about 12 starts. He cannot start 20-25 games in a season, his 100mph fast ball is incredible but he cannot start and finish a season. 

Maybe the Rays get lucky and he comes back right before the Playoffs but it feels like they need more IMO when they face Boston and Houston and then maybe LA/SF/SD whoever would be in the WS if they can make it that far. 

-On another note, how about that offense and the line up now? Seems like Cruz and Meadows are going to be the 3-4 hitters nightly, Franco slides down to 6 and the middle to bottom of the line up now has plenty of pop. I'm not as high on Choi as some, but if he starts coming around with Cruz right behind him when he is batting 2nd in this line up, he's getting pitches to hit. 

Coming back around...so you can stomach some set up with the 4 starting pitchers they are using now, I would like it if 1-2 of them got hot going into September and became the No 1 guy, Shane seems to have the best chance although I find his stuff is not overpowering to opposing hitters, he's more of an artist on the mound. I would like to see them try and go with a trio from the bullpen for one of the nights in whatever series they end up with...example is let's say they make it to the ALCS, they go Shane-Patino(assuming he just gets better with every start, Marline did it with a young Dontrelle Willis) and then a combo of whatever is left for Game 3 or do something like we saw last night with 3-4 pitchers handling the 1st 6-7 innings. I'm fine with that but I think they need one of these veteran arms, I keep pointing at Gibson because he is signed next year which makes it easier to part with a piece or two. 

-Taylor Walls was sent back to Durham for the moment...I have not been super impressed with him. Don't know if that's a temporary move or if he is going to stay there for a few weeks. Top 5 prospect coming into this season for the Rays.  

Respectfully disagree but I am open to your thoughts on this, I just feel strongly they don't have enough in the starting rotation at the moment. Yarborough and McClanahan, Patino and Fleming, Glasnow is not coming back this year, that's my opinion but when you look at his career stats he simply cannot put together a full season. Many of them are 60 innings with about 12 starts. He cannot start 20-25 games in a season, his 100mph fast ball is incredible but he cannot start and finish a season. 

Maybe the Rays get lucky and he comes back right before the Playoffs but it feels like they need more IMO when they face Boston and Houston and then maybe LA/SF/SD whoever would be in the WS if they can make it that far. 

-On another note, how about that offense and the line up now? Seems like Cruz and Meadows are going to be the 3-4 hitters nightly, Franco slides down to 6 and the middle to bottom of the line up now has plenty of pop. I'm not as high on Choi as some, but if he starts coming around with Cruz right behind him when he is batting 2nd in this line up, he's getting pitches to hit. 

Coming back around...so you can stomach some set up with the 4 starting pitchers they are using now, I would like it if 1-2 of them got hot going into September and became the No 1 guy, Shane seems to have the best chance although I find his stuff is not overpowering to opposing hitters, he's more of an artist on the mound. I would like to see them try and go with a trio from the bullpen for one of the nights in whatever series they end up with...example is let's say they make it to the ALCS, they go Shane-Patino(assuming he just gets better with every start, Marline did it with a young Dontrelle Willis) and then a combo of whatever is left for Game 3 or do something like we saw last night with 3-4 pitchers handling the 1st 6-7 innings. I'm fine with that but I think they need one of these veteran arms, I keep pointing at Gibson because he is signed next year which makes it easier to part with a piece or two. 

-Taylor Walls was sent back to Durham for the moment...I have not been super impressed with him. Don't know if that's a temporary move or if he is going to stay there for a few weeks. Top 5 prospect coming into this season for the Rays.  
You keep thinking about SP like the Rays use a 1986 Roger Clemens or something. They don’t need a “shutdown ace” they’ll just pitch all these guys 4-5 innings and then turn it over to the pen. Trust me it’s fine. They know what they’re doing here and it’s the right strategy. Also:

Rich Hill season stats:

Before June 12th (12 starts):
3.05 ERA, 9.15 K/9, 2.90 BB/9

June 12th and after (7 starts):
5.40 ERA, 7.56 K/9, 4.32 BB/9

He’s toast. 

Richie Rich Hill went 5 scoreless today for the Mets. Then gave up 3 without getting an out in the 6th. Mets went on to win 5-4.

Rays finally lost to the Guardians after beating them 11 straight. Wisler blew the lead and the game. Wander rooked like a rook. Didn't wear his shades in the blinding sun opting for a blinding lost ball to ole' Solar. Also pulled a boner base running  with a crucial scoring attempt where he held at third because of a very poor jump on a 2 out hit while on 2nd. 

Oh, well. Rooks will be rooks and the Rays are loaded with them.

game of the year @ Fenway. Domingo German no-hits the Sox for 7, comes out in the 8th ahead 4-0. First guy gets a hit, so they pull him immediately (he's rarely gone more than 5), Boston gets five hits in a row, all of em score and Matt Barnes holds the fort in the 9th.

I am a Twins fan (frustrating year for sure) but I will be rooting for the Rays the rest of the way.  I have always been amazed at how they are able to put together a very competitive team every year despite being a small market team with a limited roster bankroll. Then Minnesota goes and trades Cruz to them.  I know the trade had to be done, Minnesota got more than I thought the would for him and hopefully those players can be solid.  I was a fan of Cruz when Minnesota signed him and he has been probably one of the best free agent signings in Twins history, very fun to watch and easy to be a fan of.  Hopefully he can get a ring in Tampa because he deserves one.

I am a Twins fan (frustrating year for sure) but I will be rooting for the Rays the rest of the way.  I have always been amazed at how they are able to put together a very competitive team every year despite being a small market team with a limited roster bankroll. Then Minnesota goes and trades Cruz to them.  I know the trade had to be done, Minnesota got more than I thought the would for him and hopefully those players can be solid.  I was a fan of Cruz when Minnesota signed him and he has been probably one of the best free agent signings in Twins history, very fun to watch and easy to be a fan of.  Hopefully he can get a ring in Tampa because he deserves one.
The Rays are a very likeable team. This Astros fan rooted for them last year vs. the Dodgers.

Not loving the line up tonight coming off the day off, cannot understand why Meadows is not in the line up. I hate Margot coming off a stint on the DL/IL batting lead off, he's done nothing to earn that. I would prefer Lowe or Arozarena, both could tie this game with a single swing of the bat, Margot is not that guy. 

Monty near 100 pitches in the 5th, 1-0 game, hope the Rays can find the bullpen like they have vs so many others. This game is there for the taking if they can score a couple runs. Diaz in clean up is trouble, the fact they have no runs in the 5th isn't that surprising the way they have the line up set. 

I disagree with our MotY Kevin Cash many times when I see the line up and many times the rays lose those games, just feels like they could have put a stronger line up out there tonight. McClanahan 5 decent innings so far tonight. 

Lowe hits No 22 and Arozarena wishes he had not swung on that 3-2 ball way out of the strike zone, great pitch by the Yankees' Green on Randy but the Rays do cut it to a 1-run game and get to the bullpen once again. Hopefully there's more coming. 

At the Padres/Os game tonight after a looooong time away from live baseball. Very happy to be here. Go Padres!!!!

I’m at dbacks-rangers now. I will never understand the argument for a guy like Pavin Smith swinging into the shift all season. He’s slugging 420 with 9 bombs. Gallo I understand, by all means swing away, but you will never convince me Pavin shouldn’t lay one down at least once a game 

Loved the fact that Matheny chose to walk Abreu with a 3-2 lead, 2 outs, and a man on 3rd in order to get to Eloy Jimenez who is in his 2nd game back from his pectoral injury. Maybe he thought Eloy didn't have his timing back yet? 

3-run homer by Eloy to take a 5-3 lead. 

Kopech fans the side in the 8th and now it's Hendriks to finish things off (who has 70 K's and only 5 BB's this year so far as the closer.)

Damn, I love watching this team.

Seeing lots of Snell jerseys here. This place has historically been a landing pad for Rays’ trades. 

Joey Gallo supposedly traded to Yankees.

Rumor is the Texas Rangers will receive "two yutes" for Gallo.

@lindseyadler: Hearing with @ThreeTwoEephus and @Ken_Rosenthal that players expected (though not confirmed) to go to Texas from the Yankees would include: 

Trevor Hauver, Ezequiel Duran, Everson Pereira, Randy Vasquez, Glen Otto, and possibly one more player.

Rodolfo Castro..........first player in MLB history to have his first 5 MLB hits be homers.   Impressive.  He is 5 for 21 (not so impressive.  He has two multi homer games 

Latest rumors are Scherzer and Turner to the Dodgers for Ruiz, Gray, and more.  As a Nats fan, always a risk with prospects, but I'm pretty excited. Needed to bring in some youth and prospects.

If I'm the Padres I'm throwing the kitchen sink to get Turner. 

Machado, Tatis, and Trea would be studly with Yu and Max in a series
Where would Trea play?  We just traded for Frazier and have Cronenworth both of whom are studs.  

Where would Trea play?  We just traded for Frazier and have Cronenworth both of whom are studs.  
I'm putting Tuner at 2nd (think that's what is happening if he goes to LA). Trading Frazier or Cronenworth for middle reliever depth. Can one of them play first? These are 1st world baseball problems.

Meanwhile my Mariners big move is trading for journeymen reliever and soda for the clubhouse.

I'm putting Tuner at 2nd (think that's what is happening if he goes to LA). Trading Frazier or Cronenworth for middle reliever depth. Can one of them play first? These are 1st world baseball problems.

Meanwhile my Mariners big move is trading for journeymen reliever and soda for the clubhouse.
Frazier is a multi time all star (including this year as a starter) and leads the league in batting average and hits.  Cronenworth is an all star this year and a flat stud (probably 3rd best player on the team).  Trea, as good as he is, just doesn’t fit and doesn’t upgrade.  

We need a top of the rotation guy (largely due to Snell ####ting the bed this year) and we’re good.  

Frazier is a multi time all star (including this year as a starter) and leads the league in batting average and hits.  Cronenworth is an all star this year and a flat stud (probably 3rd best player on the team).  Trea, as good as he is, just doesn’t fit and doesn’t upgrade.  

We need a top of the rotation guy (largely due to Snell ####ting the bed this year) and we’re good.  
You get Turner and Max!

Frasier is a nice player having a great season, Cronenworth is decent I'd keep him as he's been with the team.

Turner though is a straight up stud, top 20 player in the league.

Mostly this is to stop the Dodgers from getting them.

Users who are viewing this thread