What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do you watch baseball? (1 Viewer)

When's the last time you attended a game?

• 1-3 years ago

Votes: 114 51.1%
  • 3-5 years ago

Votes: 43 19.3%
  • 5+ years ago

Votes: 64 28.7%
  • Never

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
spin rate is down, fastball is down, he got pounded for a game winning homer last night. Rays aren’t going to pay for past production or for saves. They must have thought the guy they got from Seattle is better. 
Wisler in the 9th? Tums Tums Tums...that will not sustain IMHO...we'll see. 

Rays current Bullpen...

J.P. Feyereisen, Jeffrey Springs(thought ACL tear for sure), Pete Fairbanks, Colin McHugh and then Ryan Thompson has been on the 10-day DL/IL for a month now. That would be a formidable Bullpen for most teams, that's our walking M.A.S.H. unit right now and I understand that perhaps some of this is simple mid season rest(arm fatigue) for the stretch run coming up but my goodness how can we keep leading the league in ERA and our Bullpen ERA over the last 15-30 games is ridiculous, well under 2, like 1.50 or lower. 

But you have to watch Sheriff, Mazza, Louis Head, DJ Johnson is on the active roster in there right now, the only guys I really want to see right now are Kittredge and  JTC who did mow down the 3-4-5 hitters for Boston 1-2-3 on Sat Night, that was good to see, think he pitched the 6th or 7th, looked good. 

Thought McClanahan and Patino took big steps this last week by having strong outings vs the Yankees and Red Sox, 0.80 ERA combine or something, that's pretty strong and will win most games no matter what the offense brings. 

Nelson Cruz batting .150 since arriving, just saying. His impact on the others though has been great. 

Wisler in the 9th? Tums Tums Tums...that will not sustain IMHO...we'll see. 

that was the most frustrating part of the sweep - Wisler setting up Saturday & closing up Sunday. I aint been on a ball field in a generation and it feels like i could gauge that looser-than-a-wizard's-sleeve slider of Wisler;s. but down they went - down & down & down. i'm down  :kicksrock:

Buddy if you don’t think Diego was tums inducing you and I haven’t been watching the same thing. 
I think I posted the word "ulcers" when they traded him and yes he was unsettling. Fairbanks isn't a lot of fun to watch close a game out either. I don't know if the Rays have a real closer yet in their bullpen, not one who is healthy and on their active roster. 

That was Wisler's first save of the year. 

Rays current Bullpen...

J.P. Feyereisen, Jeffrey Springs(thought ACL tear for sure), Pete Fairbanks, Colin McHugh and then Ryan Thompson has been on the 10-day DL/IL for a month now. That would be a formidable Bullpen for most teams, that's our walking M.A.S.H. unit right now and I understand that perhaps some of this is simple mid season rest(arm fatigue) for the stretch run coming up but my goodness how can we keep leading the league in ERA and our Bullpen ERA over the last 15-30 games is ridiculous, well under 2, like 1.50 or lower. 

But you have to watch Sheriff, Mazza, Louis Head, DJ Johnson is on the active roster in there right now, the only guys I really want to see right now are Kittredge and  JTC who did mow down the 3-4-5 hitters for Boston 1-2-3 on Sat Night, that was good to see, think he pitched the 6th or 7th, looked good. 

Thought McClanahan and Patino took big steps this last week by having strong outings vs the Yankees and Red Sox, 0.80 ERA combine or something, that's pretty strong and will win most games no matter what the offense brings. 

Nelson Cruz batting .150 since arriving, just saying. His impact on the others though has been great. 
Don't forget Rasmussen.

Cruz will come around. He was tossed out at 2nd on what should have been a stand up dub. 2 dingers.

I think I posted the word "ulcers" when they traded him and yes he was unsettling. Fairbanks isn't a lot of fun to watch close a game out either. I don't know if the Rays have a real closer yet in their bullpen, not one who is healthy and on their active roster. 

That was Wisler's first save of the year. 
I’m not worried about the bullpen at all, assuming the guys on the IL come back like projected. Honestly if Wander keeps hitting like this there isn’t much to worry about at all. 

AL Wildcard race...

-Boston +3 games for 1st in the WC, game and a half out of first in the Division

-Oakland 

-Yankees 2.5 games out of the WIldcard and I believe the final spot will be filled by the AL East but perhaps not NYY

-Toronto 3.5 games out of the Wildcard spot and I think their arrival home is going to be the difference down the stretch, they've been stuck in Dunedin, FL and playing Road Games vs the AL East like the Rays who play right there in St Pete, more Rays than Blue Jays in the stands and same if not worse for Boston and New York Yankees. I love the Toronto Blue Jays as my dark horse team and lookout if they or the Yankees make it, both could cause problems. 

-Seattle 3.5 games out but I think the Rays are going to get a couple of those games they lost in Seattle, 4 to be exact, but hoping they can get a couple back in the next few days vs the Mariners. Castillo blew one the other night, hasn't looked nearly as good as Chargois since he arrived in Tampa via that trade. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Rizzo endearing himself to the Yankee faithful. A fantastic pickup for the Bombers.....Gallo was too. I expect the Yankees to extend Rizzo and they have one more year of team control on Gallo. 

Need to get Kluber back and Sevi. Yankees will make a strong push here in August and September. Gott get DJ healthy and get him going. 

There is a decent chance they can get into the post season.

And yeah......this turned into a Rays thread LOL!!!

Rizzo endearing himself to the Yankee faithful. A fantastic pickup for the Bombers.....Gallo was too. I expect the Yankees to extend Rizzo and they have one more year of team control on Gallo. 

Need to get Kluber back and Sevi. Yankees will make a strong push here in August and September. Gott get DJ healthy and get him going. 

There is a decent chance they can get into the post season.

And yeah......this turned into a Rays thread LOL!!!

Get this Yankees crap out of here.  This is Rays all day and night........

AL Wildcard race...

-Boston +3 games for 1st in the WC, game and a half out of first in the Division

-Oakland 

-Yankees 2.5 games out of the WIldcard and I believe the final spot will be filled by the AL East but perhaps not NYY

-Toronto 3.5 games out of the Wildcard spot and I think their arrival home is going to be the difference down the stretch, they've been stuck in Dunedin, FL and playing Road Games vs the AL East like the Rays who play right there in St Pete, more Rays than Blue Jays in the stands and same if not worse for Boston and New York Yankees. I love the Toronto Blue Jays as my dark horse team and lookout if they or the Yankees make it, both could cause problems. 

-Seattle 3.5 games out but I think the Rays are going to get a couple of those games they lost in Seattle, 4 to be exact, but hoping they can get a couple back in the next few days vs the Mariners. Castillo blew one the other night, hasn't looked nearly as good as Chargois since he arrived in Tampa via that trade. 

When did this become the Tampa Rays subforum?  I think we need a title change....
Not much of a response after one decides to widen it up to the entire American League 🤷‍♂️

It's amazing how we have all 4 TB Ray's fans in one forum.
There had to be at least 30 or 40 yesterday at the stadium, if you looked closely you could see them in the sea of Red Sox fans. When they jacked the homer to make it 2-1 you would have thought they were on the cusp of sweeping the Rays there were so many fans standing and cheering. 20,000 at the game? 12,000 were decorated in Red and Navy. 

It’s amazing the Yankees have significant competitive advantages over every team in baseball and yet have been completely irrelevant for a dozen years now. 
If they just meet at Legends Field and look across the street they can see greatness and then just down the road near Ybor at the AA and they can drive across the Howard Franklin and see the AL Champions in St Pete, it's all there for the viewing.  

Wrong answer

-The correct answer is the Toronto Blue Jays followed by the NY Stinkin' Yankees, Oakland will be fading slowly into the night thru September. 
Reason I picked oakland... the AL East is a beast. All those teams are gonna beat each other up and I can't see 3 teams making it. Plus I love Oakland moves at the deadline.

Reason I picked oakland... the AL East is a beast. All those teams are gonna beat each other up and I can't see 3 teams making it. Plus I love Oakland moves at the deadline.

Oakland is a solid team up and down the lineup.  Their pitching is sneaky good and Montas seems to have turned it around.  Manaea, Bassitt, and Montas are sneaky good front three.  They also have a nice matchup based bullpen on the back end.  They are fun to watch.

Ken Rosenthal had a story about the Cubs and Ray's doing a Bryant/Kimbrel for Kiermaier/Glasnow trade. 

It stalled because the Cubs wanted a high-end prospect to offset Glasnow not giving them any production until 2023.

Speaking of the Rays, we are planning to head to Tampa/St. Pete in a couple weeks when the White Sox are in town. Hoping for a good matchup and will go to Friday and Saturday games. Any tips for that stadium? 

Senor Schmutzig said:
Speaking of the Rays, we are planning to head to Tampa/St. Pete in a couple weeks when the White Sox are in town. Hoping for a good matchup and will go to Friday and Saturday games. Any tips for that stadium? 
My pregame routine is parking in Ferg's lot. Then cross the street to the Green Bench brewery. Fuel. Cross the street back and grab a Cuban Sand at Bodega. Carry it into Fergs (they don't care). Fuel some more. Take the back door tunnel for the 100 meter mosey to the park.

Once inside drink Jai-Alai tall boys from the beer guys in the stands carrying coolers around. They'll be ice cold. Tip- bring a beer koozie.

I watch baseball, but I'm not a student of the game.  I watch it for sheer enjoyment.  I couldn't tell you the difference between OPS and OBP and I couldn't care less. What I do know is the Reds are either competitive or they're not.  When they're competitive I'll pay a monthly subscription to MLB.TV, and when they're not, I don't, but I still listen to games on Sirius.

When I go to a local AAA game, I don't go to watch baseball.  I go for the sights, the sounds, the smells, the hot dog, the beer and the great conversation and laughs among friends on a warm summer night.  It's glorious.  The fact that there's a game going on is a mere coincidence. 

Dumbest organization in baseball.

I trust Sporer.  He says they are dumb, they are dumb.  I refuse to believe they will be compensated as well with picks as they would have been if they traded him.
Yer probably right.....but they own his rights....and can do whatever they want. Story will be a free agent and sing with whomever he wants.

It sucks for him as a player he could not be part of a potential run this year.

My pathetic Cardinals have given me no reason to watch baseball this year other than a few Yadi and Wainwright milestones.  Then our genius GM picks up Lester well past his prime - thanks for that 5 spot in the first today you freaking bum.  Go back to Chicago and help them suck.

The Rays are single handedly helping the Seattle Mariners become a Playoff contender, now 6-0 vs the Rays on the season. 

Seattle has held the Rays to just 4 runs in 2 games. 

And who was that out there pitching the 9th Inning for the Seattle Mariners tonight? He looked so familiar 🤷‍♂️

My pathetic Cardinals have given me no reason to watch baseball this year other than a few Yadi and Wainwright milestones.  Then our genius GM picks up Lester well past his prime - thanks for that 5 spot in the first today you freaking bum.  Go back to Chicago and help them suck.

that was NOT a typical Cards trade deadline. they usually have me going hmmmm more than eewwww

The Padres let one slide today. Still 4 games up on the Reds but there are a lot of games still left on the calendar. 

Oakland pulls a rabbit out to grab that game today and maintain their lead. Yanks, BlueJays and yes those Red Sox well on their way to winning again tonight. AL East is a Beast 

Phils are 1 game over .500 and 1.5 game out of first. #NLLeast
Things change fast around  here.

@ScottLauber: What kind of a week has it been? #Phillies awoke last Sunday in 3rd place, 4.5 games behind Mets. They began today 1.5 games in front. First time since Sept. 1916 that they moved into 1st place within a 7-day span of being at least 4 games out in Aug. or later, per @EliasSports.

Things change fast around  here.

@ScottLauber: What kind of a week has it been? #Phillies awoke last Sunday in 3rd place, 4.5 games behind Mets. They began today 1.5 games in front. First time since Sept. 1916 that they moved into 1st place within a 7-day span of being at least 4 games out in Aug. or later, per @EliasSports.
The division is theirs at this point.  The 2 biggest stars in the division (Acuna and DeGrom) are out.  I don’t think the Phils have had any significant injuries this year?

The division is theirs at this point.  The 2 biggest stars in the division (Acuna and DeGrom) are out.  I don’t think the Phils have had any significant injuries this year?
They haven't had a star player out for the year but they've had quite a few players miss time to injury/Covid.

Eflin the #3 starter has been out tendonitis in his knee and no timetable to return. Other SP Chase Anderson and Vince Velasquez ( hopefully DFA) also injured. They were so thin at SP, they took the failed closer,  Ranger Suarez and forced him into the rotation.  Two other middle relievers, Connor Brogdon and Bradley Falter also out.

Andrew McCutchen is on IL. Rhys Hoskins and Didi day to day.

Red Sox are fading. Jays look good. 

Local reporters said, right after the trade deadline, you could feel it in the dugout. What few moves Sox mgmt made got them to like 11 cents under the tax threshold (and they werent in any danger of the 3yr megapenalty, which they'd dispatched last season) and the players felt the lack of support for making this season special. they'd become a team that was 20some games over .500 when 20 under was the forecast, the junkballers had somewhat endured the Spidertack deadline and they'all were still summoning comebacks regularly tho the bats had been slumping overall. when they got a big PFFFFFT, "here's a broken catcher and some waiver meat" it completely deflated the effort. damn shame, all so Chaim Bloom can feel safe in his dreams of Triston Casas...

ETA: yes, the Blue Jays have more the look & feel of a champ squad than any i've seen lately. If Vlad's aint the best bat, it's the most ominous. and the closer knows what he's doing more than i thought.

Users who are viewing this thread