What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dua Lipa: Official Appreciation Thread and Definitive Video Rankings (1 Viewer)

Saw her open for Bruno Mars at MSG a few years ago, 9th row floor.  Had no idea who she was at the time.  I was immediately intrigued  :wub:

eta:  plus she gets bonus points for her stint on Hot Ones

Last edited by a moderator:
I never knew who she was until about a month or two ago when I saw her performing on some show. Then over the next few weeks I would hear a song my wife was playing and I say to my wife that I liked it and my wife would say "this is your girl". Unbeknownst to me I was a fan.

I started listening to much more of her stuff and came away thinking that shes a far more talented singer than her catalog suggests. I'd like to hear her sing more challenging stuff over the club music.

Oh, Shes smoking hawt and gorgeous. Wife #1. Zazie Beetz #2, Dua is my #3.

Last edited:
Her song "Physical" reminds me of an 80s pop song that I can't place.  Maybe its a combo of a few songs, but man is it catchy.

My wife listens to the pop stations and that's one of the few I look forward to.  I especially like the wooden cowbell-like sound.
She is putting out a higher caliber of pop than 99% of the crap out there.   I put the Weeknd in that small group of artists as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife said if she ever goes les, this is where she'd go. I don't blame her and if she decides to swing or leave me for her, I hope Dua is up for a 3-some.

With her pipes, I too feel like she is capable of more than just straight pop. Granted, I have only heard a few songs by her, but feels like the potential is there for a lot more. 

This is what is maddening about most modern day pop.  Dua Lipa, based on what I have heard, appears to be a really good singer, but almost all of the songs I have heard by her are drowned in those stupid modern day studio trickery tropes, likes those effects that make the vocals sound in a way that no human voice actually sounds.  Why take a good singer like her and drown her voice in those stupid effects?   Same thing was done on Taylor Swift's Reputation album.  That effect where it sounds like a computer robot voice is singing is like the worst thing ever in music.  

I like her a lot.
This is what is maddening about most modern day pop. Dua Lipa, based on what I have heard, appears to be a really good singer, but almost all of the songs I have heard by her are drowned in those stupid modern day studio trickery tropes, likes those effects that make the vocals sound in a way that no human voice actually sounds. Why take a good singer like her and drown her voice in those stupid effects? Same thing was done on Taylor Swift's Reputation album. That effect where it sounds like a computer robot voice is singing is like the worst thing ever in music.
Yeah, She is capable of so much more.

Users who are viewing this thread