What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Movies have you walked out of? (1 Viewer)

El Floppo

Footballguy
Discussion in the movie rental thread prompted this. I was surprised somebody would have walked out of Independence Day. 

I walked out of:

Batman and Robin. I don't mind the Batman genre... but this one just went into stupid too much. Arnie at his worst. Chris whatsisname embarrassment. I couldn't even tell you which actor played the Batman.

One Crazy Summer. I liked Bobcat, but oof. I'm sure there are folk here given the collective ages, that have a soft spot for this 80s drivel. 

Joes Apartment (it was an MTV skit with talking cockroaches turned into a movie, maybe starred Jerry O’Connell) is the only one I ever walked out of at a theater and I saw it for free

rentals I have shut off

Holy Man

A Midsummer Nights Dream

Pineapple express 

I don't think I ever have. There were probably some I would have liked to but was with other people.  As I noted in the movie thread, I've never seen so many people walk out of a movie than Uncut Gems. It was like 20-30 people that left in total disgust. 

Blair Witch Project:  I was hungover and the crazy cameras were making me seasick - I was not sure I was going to make it down the theater steps while leaving. 

Birdcage: I was on a date, and she turned out to be a pretty big homophobe. She did not stop saying LOUD awful things so I excused myself to go to the bathroom and just left her there :oldunsure:

Moonlight said:
Fellini's Satyricon and Time Bandits
wait a sec... you kinda know or at least should know you're getting into something w Fellini. and Time Bandits?! the only two movies?! 

Birdcage: I was on a date, and she turned out to be a pretty big homophobe. She did not stop saying LOUD awful things so I excused myself to go to the bathroom and just left her there :oldunsure:
Something similar. Saw Candy Man with my girlfriend of 4 months during senior year of high school. Found out at that movie that she was racist, vocal and unapologetically racist. I didn’t say anything. I just got up and walked out. She wasn’t happy the next time we saw each other as I had driven her to the theater and had not taken any of her many calls the rest of the weekend. I thought it was a pretty clear break up. 

The only one that comes to mind is Waterworld.     

It would take quite a bit for me to walk out of something at this stage in life though.   That said, I will turn off a movie at home after 45mins or so if it sucks huge.  

Something similar. Saw Candy Man with my girlfriend of 4 months during senior year of high school. Found out at that movie that she was racist, vocal and unapologetically racist. I didn’t say anything. I just got up and walked out. She wasn’t happy the next time we saw each other as I had driven her to the theater and had not taken any of her many calls the rest of the weekend. I thought it was a pretty clear break up. 
freshman year of college, I took this sweet, innocent southern belle to see Clockwork Orange. turns out she didn't like the ultraviolence. so kinda the opposite, I guess. still dumped her.

Should have walked out of Very Bad Things but I finish movies I've started..... worst movie I have ever seen.

Did walk out of the House with the clock in its walls but that was because my kid was getting a little scared near the end.  Not sure thats the point of the thread though.

I wanted to leave Predators but stayed because my buddy didn't want to leave. 

Pretty sure I walked out on Blair Witch. I remember thinking how stupid everyone must be to have liked that crap. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Spy Hard

I was pretty baked when I made it through about 15 minutes of this monstrosity. That’s saying something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blair Witch Project:  I was hungover and the crazy cameras were making me seasick - I was not sure I was going to make it down the theater steps while leaving. 

Birdcage: I was on a date, and she ... 
Blair Witch:  Didn't see it in the theatre but had enough after twenty minutes of zero story, zero dialogue, nothing but F-bombs disguised as a movie.  Utter garbage.

Hated Birdcage because it sucked but watched it however the only movie I walked out of was the second Jurassic Park flick because the girl freaked out when the small dinosaurs started ripping people apart.  We were on a double date so all of us had to walk out but it was not our choice.  Still have never fully watched that flick. 

I'm too cheap to walk out of a movie. If I paid, I just sit there and take it.

The last one I remember feeling ripped off in was The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge out of Water. Took the tribe there after seeing the trailer and I was thinking "cool, SpongeBob comes to life in the real world", but nooooooo. Instead it was an 1 hour cartoon with like 10 minutes tops of live action SpongeBob at the end. Kids were ok with it and I just got drunk and the wife drove home, so all was cool in the end.

Never walked out of one.  I was debating about Indy Jones and the Crystal Skull as it was pretty stupid and far-fetched to begin with.  But I stuck around for the ending and Boy Was I Wrong!! 

I'm assuming that movies that I see while wearing a trench coat in Times Square don't count. 

Users who are viewing this thread