What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What Movies have you walked out of? (1 Viewer)

The only movie I ever walked out on was The 13th Warrior.  Part of the problem was the audio track was off, made a bad movie completely painful.
I can't remember what the movie was, but the manager decided to have a machine in the back of the cinema repaired during the movie.  Loudly.  I went and complained to the manager, which got the guy to stop.  Got a round of applause from the audience.  I also got our money back at the end of the movie.

The Thin Red Line (I love war movies usually), For the Love of the Game, Magnolia, and the Bridges of Madison County.  Hated them all.  Would have walked on Blair Witch, but I went to sleep instead.  I was so dizzy, but my crew loved it.
I wish I could have walked out of the Bridges of Madison County. My girlfriend wanted to see it, so I had to sit through that entire steaming pile of garbage.

A lot of these movies could have been made better with a good editor. Give me a decent pair of scissors and by the time you are ready to walk out the movie would already be over.

Kind of odd that it seems most of the movies people are mentioning walking out on are generally considered very good to great movies: Tombstone, Magnolia, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Pee Wee Big Adventure, Thin Red Line, etc

Kind of odd that it seems most of the movies people are mentioning walking out on are generally considered very good to great movies: Tombstone, Magnolia, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Pee Wee Big Adventure, Thin Red Line, etc
No accounting for taste I guess, some of the movies mentioned are great films. Others have aged into cult classics in some circles so I can understand someone not liking those. I can usually find at least something in every movie I’ve seen, whether ambitious concept with poor execution, or entertaining popcorn with terrible script, to screwball comedy that not everyone finds funny.

Only movie I ever walked out of was Lost In Space because the chick I was on a date with hated it and was actually getting sick from the early space scenes with Joey from Friends flying around. It was a terrible movie anyway with little to redeem it. We theater hopped a few films but only one I remember was the amazing Dark City. That  one I went back and saw again a few days later.

Baron Von Munchausen (a noisy, annoying mess).

The Big Short (I couldn't get into the overdone, constant camera movement and mumbling of the irritating characters)

As far as ones that I should have walked out on:

I agree with Magnolia, which was excruciatingly slow and self indulgent and The Thin Red line, which had so much voice over, I started talking to the screen saying "just shut the $%^#@! up already".

No accounting for taste I guess, some of the movies mentioned are great films. Others have aged into cult classics in some circles so I can understand someone not liking those. I can usually find at least something in every movie I’ve seen, whether ambitious concept with poor execution, or entertaining popcorn with terrible script, to screwball comedy that not everyone finds funny.

Only movie I ever walked out of was Lost In Space because the chick I was on a date with hated it and was actually getting sick from the early space scenes with Joey from Friends flying around. It was a terrible movie anyway with little to redeem it. We theater hopped a few films but only one I remember was the amazing Dark City. That  one I went back and saw again a few days later.
There’s also odds and expectations involved. The truly terrible movies get bad reviews, little publicity and are often out of the theaters quickly. Someone has to buy a ticket to the movie before they can walk out so there has to be something attractive about the movie in the first place.

Don’t think I could ever walk out of a movie  with Mimi Rogers or Heather Graham.
Church.

Altho i'm worried that my hottie-tolerance may be decliing with my libido. There are still bad shows i'll watch just to take in every movement of a gal i'm crushed by - like Giada or this woman on a local food show who just sucks down anythingtinis and makes bigeyes after bites - but i cant abide scripted shows that suck even to indulge a good tigerdrool. I rushed str8 to Netflix when someone here told us there was a show where longtime crush Sarah Shahi makes nekkid all over the place, but i couldnt get thru the 3rd-gen SexAndTheCityspeak even to watch Ms Shahi contorted in the orgasms. fastest departure since the 11 seconds i wasted on a Jenna Elfman (who's energy was a LOT like my Mary's) sitcom backinaday. i worry bout myself sometimes...

Only one--Hudson Hawk with Bruce Willis. Just a cluster of a movie

The only other one I came close to leaving was The Doors with Val Kilmer. Not because it was that bad of a movie, I was just experiencing one of the worst hangovers I have ever had in my life. My head felt like it was going to explode and all the trippy images were just killing me. 

Blair Witch Project:  I was hungover and the crazy cameras were making me seasick - I was not sure I was going to make it down the theater steps while leaving. 
The only movie I've walked out on was Breaking the Waves with Emily Watson and Stellan Skarsgard-----for this same reason. It wasn't a bad movie but the shaky, hand-held camera work made me so nauseous I couldn't finish it.

I had read the same about Blair Witch ahead of time so I prepared myself and made it through, although very nauseous for the final 30 minutes.  Really enjoyed the movie, though.  Surprised at all the hate for this one in this thread.

Don’t think I could ever walk out of a movie  with Mimi Rogers or Heather Graham.
Not my choice to walk out, but I eventually rented it and the film has nothing to redeem itself with even with a decent cast outside of Joey from Friends. Plus it’s not like Rodgers or Graham were even eye candy as it was a family movie. I don’t think there was a single scene where their wardrobe didn’t have them completely covered nearly head to toe. The form fitting space suits at the beginning weren’t all that “complimentary” either.

Even the great Gary Oldman was completely wasted in this terrible film.

Last edited by a moderator:
Baron Von Munchausen (a noisy, annoying mess).

The Big Short (I couldn't get into the overdone, constant camera movement and mumbling of the irritating characters)

As far as ones that I should have walked out on:

I agree with Magnolia, which was excruciatingly slow and self indulgent and The Thin Red line, which had so much voice over, I started talking to the screen saying "just shut the $%^#@! up already".
Really liked all of them and loved Munchausen.

The only movie I've walked out on was Breaking the Waves with Emily Watson and Stellan Skarsgard-----for this same reason. It wasn't a bad movie but the shaky, hand-held camera work made me so nauseous I couldn't finish it.
Strange movie going experience for me. I alternated despising and loving it...all in the same sitting (in the theater), but do to content not camera work. Havent ever rewatched it.

Strange movie going experience for me. I alternated despising and loving it...all in the same sitting (in the theater), but do to content not camera work. Havent ever rewatched it.

I’ve never bothered to finish it on the small screen so maybe I didn’t really like it that much either. 

Ugh...embarassing kinda. When we were 15, me and my buddy Blake were IN LOVE with Olivia Newton John and saw Xanadu 4 times over two days. We decided to sneak into Ordinary People, and left after like 30 minutes. Now as an adult I appreciate the movie way more, but as a 15 year old? Nope....

Public Enemies 15 years ago (old time gangster movie with Christian Bale and Johnny Depp). It had nothing to do with the movie. Our daughter texted and said a bunch of our chickens had gotten out of their chicken coup and I needed to come corral them as it was already nightfall. That's the only time I had to leave a movie before it was done. Don't remember walking out on anything. Certainly was a strange reason to have to leave the theater.

Up in Smoke but not by my choice. I was 10 and my brother was 6 and we were with my Mom. I'm not sure what she thought the movie was about but it took about 10-15 mins before she decided it wasn't for us. It's just as well because I don't think I really understood the humor back then.

i left sniper and the blair witch project. both were making me nauseous.
i left sniper and the blair witch project. both were making me nauseous.
Cloverfield for me.

But we had gotten a babysitter, so stuck it out.
@El Floppo, I’m curious what caused you to bump this thread after it being dead since 2021 and you responded to a post like it was yesterday?
Because I hate you.

Went to Anyone But You this morning. After an hour, I said to the person with, "Holy crap. We have 45 more minutes of this drivel left." We did tough it out until the end, though.

May have posted this early in this thread. I walked out of Time Bandits and walked into a movie I hadn’t heard of calked Raiders of the Lost Ark.

The Fan with Robert DeNiro and Wesley Snipes, it was just so slow and boring.

8 Mile, date picked it and then couldn’t handle the language. I was like you know who Eminem is right? We didn’t date long after that.

Should have walked out of Any Given Sunday. My Dad has a Christmas tradition of taking the kids to a movie the day after Christmas. We were in Ohio visiting my Mom’s side and he took a bunch of the cousins ranging 12 through 19 year olds to the movies. No other aunts or uncles wanted to go to the theater. We get there and my Dad says let’s see thy football movie. None of the kids objected. I remember sinking down in my seat during the locker room scene and just thinking what in the world was my Dad thinking picking this movie. Yeah my two younger sisters were with us. I remember driving home with everyone and my Dad just says “ I think this tradition just ended once your parents find out what movie I took you all to.

The Fan with Robert DeNiro and Wesley Snipes, it was just so slow and boring.

8 Mile, date picked it and then couldn’t handle the language. I was like you know who Eminem is right? We didn’t date long after that.

Should have walked out of Any Given Sunday. My Dad has a Christmas tradition of taking the kids to a movie the day after Christmas. We were in Ohio visiting my Mom’s side and he took a bunch of the cousins ranging 12 through 19 year olds to the movies. No other aunts or uncles wanted to go to the theater. We get there and my Dad says let’s see thy football movie. None of the kids objected. I remember sinking down in my seat during the locker room scene and just thinking what in the world was my Dad thinking picking this movie. Yeah my two younger sisters were with us. I remember driving home with everyone and my Dad just says “ I think this tradition just ended once your parents find out what movie I took you all to.
Was there any fallout from the parents or your mom over this? Has this become the family legend/story of the family? “Remember when Uncle TheFatKid Sr took us to the dirty movie?”

Or was it never spoken of again?

Users who are viewing this thread