Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

What Movies have you walked out of?

6 hours ago, moleculo said:

The only movie I ever walked out on was The 13th Warrior.  Part of the problem was the audio track was off, made a bad movie completely painful.

I can't remember what the movie was, but the manager decided to have a machine in the back of the cinema repaired during the movie.  Loudly.  I went and complained to the manager, which got the guy to stop.  Got a round of applause from the audience.  I also got our money back at the end of the movie.

On 7/8/2021 at 7:34 PM, PIK95 said:

The Thin Red Line (I love war movies usually), For the Love of the Game, Magnolia, and the Bridges of Madison County.  Hated them all.  Would have walked on Blair Witch, but I went to sleep instead.  I was so dizzy, but my crew loved it.

I wish I could have walked out of the Bridges of Madison County. My girlfriend wanted to see it, so I had to sit through that entire steaming pile of garbage.

• Sad 2

Kind of odd that it seems most of the movies people are mentioning walking out on are generally considered very good to great movies: Tombstone, Magnolia, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Pee Wee Big Adventure, Thin Red Line, etc

45 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Kind of odd that it seems most of the movies people are mentioning walking out on are generally considered very good to great movies: Tombstone, Magnolia, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Pee Wee Big Adventure, Thin Red Line, etc

No accounting for taste I guess, some of the movies mentioned are great films. Others have aged into cult classics in some circles so I can understand someone not liking those. I can usually find at least something in every movie I’ve seen, whether ambitious concept with poor execution, or entertaining popcorn with terrible script, to screwball comedy that not everyone finds funny.

Only movie I ever walked out of was Lost In Space because the chick I was on a date with hated it and was actually getting sick from the early space scenes with Joey from Friends flying around. It was a terrible movie anyway with little to redeem it. We theater hopped a few films but only one I remember was the amazing Dark City. That  one I went back and saw again a few days later.

• Like 1

Baron Von Munchausen (a noisy, annoying mess).

The Big Short (I couldn't get into the overdone, constant camera movement and mumbling of the irritating characters)

As far as ones that I should have walked out on:

I agree with Magnolia, which was excruciatingly slow and self indulgent and The Thin Red line, which had so much voice over, I started talking to the screen saying "just shut the $%^#@! up already".

16 hours ago, Buckna said:

No accounting for taste I guess, some of the movies mentioned are great films. Others have aged into cult classics in some circles so I can understand someone not liking those. I can usually find at least something in every movie I’ve seen, whether ambitious concept with poor execution, or entertaining popcorn with terrible script, to screwball comedy that not everyone finds funny.

Only movie I ever walked out of was Lost In Space because the chick I was on a date with hated it and was actually getting sick from the early space scenes with Joey from Friends flying around. It was a terrible movie anyway with little to redeem it. We theater hopped a few films but only one I remember was the amazing Dark City. That  one I went back and saw again a few days later.

There’s also odds and expectations involved. The truly terrible movies get bad reviews, little publicity and are often out of the theaters quickly. Someone has to buy a ticket to the movie before they can walk out so there has to be something attractive about the movie in the first place.

16 hours ago, Buckna said:

Only movie I ever walked out of was Lost In Space because the chick I was on a date with hated it and was actually getting sick from the early space scenes with Joey from Friends flying around.

Don’t think I could ever walk out of a movie  with Mimi Rogers or Heather Graham.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, zamboni said:

Don’t think I could ever walk out of a movie  with Mimi Rogers or Heather Graham.

Church.

Altho i'm worried that my hottie-tolerance may be decliing with my libido. There are still bad shows i'll watch just to take in every movement of a gal i'm crushed by - like Giada or this woman on a local food show who just sucks down anythingtinis and makes bigeyes after bites - but i cant abide scripted shows that suck even to indulge a good tigerdrool. I rushed str8 to Netflix when someone here told us there was a show where longtime crush Sarah Shahi makes nekkid all over the place, but i couldnt get thru the 3rd-gen SexAndTheCityspeak even to watch Ms Shahi contorted in the orgasms. fastest departure since the 11 seconds i wasted on a Jenna Elfman (who's energy was a LOT like my Mary's) sitcom backinaday. i worry bout myself sometimes...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

couldnt get thru the 3rd-gen SexAndTheCityspeak even to watch Ms Shahi contorted in the orgasms.

that's gotta be reallllllll bad then ...dammit :kicksrock:

...also would like to know the name of that local food show luscious thing

Edited by Binky The Doormat

Only one--Hudson Hawk with Bruce Willis. Just a cluster of a movie

The only other one I came close to leaving was The Doors with Val Kilmer. Not because it was that bad of a movie, I was just experiencing one of the worst hangovers I have ever had in my life. My head felt like it was going to explode and all the trippy images were just killing me. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

20 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

that's gotta be reallllllll bad then ...dammit :kicksrock:

...also would like to know the name of that local food show luscious thing

a tiny Mediterranean tyro named Lee Gillmore, who's on a show called, oddly enough, Wicked Bites on local TV. mine is not a dreamy crush, but neighborhood girl revenge crush, know'm'sayin? i want her to reverse the title of her show...

• Love 1

On 7/8/2021 at 9:55 AM, Jaysus said:

Blair Witch Project:  I was hungover and the crazy cameras were making me seasick - I was not sure I was going to make it down the theater steps while leaving. 

The only movie I've walked out on was Breaking the Waves with Emily Watson and Stellan Skarsgard-----for this same reason. It wasn't a bad movie but the shaky, hand-held camera work made me so nauseous I couldn't finish it.

I had read the same about Blair Witch ahead of time so I prepared myself and made it through, although very nauseous for the final 30 minutes.  Really enjoyed the movie, though.  Surprised at all the hate for this one in this thread.

6 hours ago, zamboni said:

Not my choice to walk out, but I eventually rented it and the film has nothing to redeem itself with even with a decent cast outside of Joey from Friends. Plus it’s not like Rodgers or Graham were even eye candy as it was a family movie. I don’t think there was a single scene where their wardrobe didn’t have them completely covered nearly head to toe. The form fitting space suits at the beginning weren’t all that “complimentary” either.

Even the great Gary Oldman was completely wasted in this terrible film.

Edited by Buckna

13 hours ago, Mr. Mojo said:

Baron Von Munchausen (a noisy, annoying mess).

The Big Short (I couldn't get into the overdone, constant camera movement and mumbling of the irritating characters)

As far as ones that I should have walked out on:

I agree with Magnolia, which was excruciatingly slow and self indulgent and The Thin Red line, which had so much voice over, I started talking to the screen saying "just shut the $%^#@! up already".

Really liked all of them and loved Munchausen.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

10 hours ago, The Dreaded Marco said:

The only movie I've walked out on was Breaking the Waves with Emily Watson and Stellan Skarsgard-----for this same reason. It wasn't a bad movie but the shaky, hand-held camera work made me so nauseous I couldn't finish it.

Strange movie going experience for me. I alternated despising and loving it...all in the same sitting (in the theater), but do to content not camera work. Havent ever rewatched it.

10 hours ago, The Dreaded Marco said:

Strange movie going experience for me. I alternated despising and loving it...all in the same sitting (in the theater), but do to content not camera work. Havent ever rewatched it.

9 hours ago, El Floppo said:

I’ve never bothered to finish it on the small screen so maybe I didn’t really like it that much either. 

1 hour ago, The Dreaded Marco said:

I’ve never bothered to finish it on the small screen so maybe I didn’t really like it that much either. 

It was a beautiful film...more big screen than small.