What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2021/22 Stanley Cup NHL Thread **** Congrats 2022 Avs Cup Champs! (1 Viewer)

Zegras11

Footballguy
he following are key dates on the calendar for the 2021 NHL offseason.

Mid-July: 2021-22 NHL schedule release

July 21: 2021 NHL Expansion Draft (Seattle), 8 p.m. (ESPN2)

July 23: Round 1 of the 2021 NHL Draft, 8 p.m. (ESPN2)

July 24: Rounds 2-7 of the 2021 NHL Draft, 11 a.m. (NHL Network)

July 28: Free agency opens, 12 p.m.

Mid-September: NHL Prospects Showcase in Tampa

Mid-Late September: Training camp begins

Late September: 2021 preseason begins

Mid-October: 2021-22 regular season begins

Last edited by a moderator:
All right, time to run it back for a third Cup!

Well, eventually anyway, but there’s some business to attend to first. I’m curious to see who Seattle grabs from each team, which guys are set out for them to choose, and what’s going to happen in free agency with a flat cap.

Tampa will lose some guys, probably Johnson, Goodrow, and Coleman, to name a few. Word is Coleman would like to head home to Dallas, for which I can’t blame the guy(I went there in June 2020, nice place, though nut-sweatingly hot), and our third line is going to look a lot different. Silver lining, Tampa’s core is intact for at least another year, and figuring that out is a problem then.

lol at thread title. Will be interesting to see what the Bolts do. Looking forward to the expansion draft. 

I'm glad the schedule release is first thing.  Have tix to see chiefs at chargers in LA, Thursday Dec 16.   Praying Ducks are at home that Friday and Sunday so I can see Zegras also.  

Expansion draft should be fun. Interested to see how much the GM's learned from the Vegas debacle.

When are teams required to provide their expansion draft protected list?
July 17: By 5 p.m., teams must submit protection lists for the Expansion Draft to the league.

July 18: The NHL must approve and distribute the protection lists to all NHL teams by 10 a.m. They will likely be made public at about that time.

Expansion draft should be fun. Interested to see how much the GM's learned from the Vegas debacle.
I was thinking about this yesterday, and looked back at the Vegas draft and some of the deals that were made.

Obviously everyone knew Fleury was going there. Marchessault, Schmidt and Neal seemed like no-brainers. But I don’t think guys like Theodore, Tuch and Reilly Smith were on anyone’s radars as “sweeteners” to avoid taking certain players like Dumba.

Ultimately you would think they would have learned, but when it comes to individual teams making the decisions that are “right” for their teams, who knows what will happen. Any one of those Knights deals standing on their own wouldn’t have been earth-shaking, but it was the totality of them that was incredible.

I was thinking about this yesterday, and looked back at the Vegas draft and some of the deals that were made.

Obviously everyone knew Fleury was going there. Marchessault, Schmidt and Neal seemed like no-brainers. But I don’t think guys like Theodore, Tuch and Reilly Smith were on anyone’s radars as “sweeteners” to avoid taking certain players like Dumba.

Ultimately you would think they would have learned, but when it comes to individual teams making the decisions that are “right” for their teams, who knows what will happen. Any one of those Knights deals standing on their own wouldn’t have been earth-shaking, but it was the totality of them that was incredible.
Really amazing how hell bent some GM's were about shedding bad contracts.

The MINN, ANA, CLBS trades are so rediculous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NHL_Expansion_Drafthttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_NHL_Expansion_Draft

I’m really interested to see what Drury winds up doing. I have a feeling they will be overpaying for guys like Danualt, Goodrow and Coleman types. Although they could desperately use Danault I think he raised his stock immensely this post season. 
I would stay clear of Eichel but they need to trade Chytl, Kravstov, their first round pick and one of Lindkqvist, Jones and Schneider. Will be interesting to see what they can get for those guys or all together. 
There just isn’t enough room for all of them. A good problem to have but they can’t get fleeced either. 

AcerFC said:
I’m really interested to see what Drury winds up doing. I have a feeling they will be overpaying for guys like Danualt, Goodrow and Coleman types. Although they could desperately use Danault I think he raised his stock immensely this post season. 
I would stay clear of Eichel but they need to trade Chytl, Kravstov, their first round pick and one of Lindkqvist, Jones and Schneider. Will be interesting to see what they can get for those guys or all together. 
There just isn’t enough room for all of them. A good problem to have but they can’t get fleeced either. 
Heard somebody today say Coleman was going to get 4 years/20M. He’s a very good player but that seems crazy to me. 

easy to say now.  each of those made sense at the time, even Florida.  with so many deals with young guys there were bound to be some bad ones.
I don't remember much criticism of the Minnesota and Columbus trades at the time. The Florida one was panned almost instantly. 

Exposing Marchessault looked awful from day 1 imo. 

Petrovic?
dumping the Smith contract at the time looked like a decent gamble.  obviously it was one of the riskier moves made but I understood why they did it at the time.  Vegas was in a no lose scenario in nearly all these situations, lots of tough decisions for everyone else 

@SunGarrioch: The #Sens are set to introduce former NBC broadcaster Pierre McGuire as senior VP of player development today. Postmedia has an exclusive interview with McGuire and owner Eugene Melnyk that will be posted by @ottawasuncom and @OttawaCitizen any minute. Pick up a copy.

Anybody going? My wife and I keep going back and forth but I don’t think I can sit in that July sun for multiple hours. 
So hot/humid out.  Bunch of pasty white drunks who can't be bothered to go to work on a Monday?  Hard pass.

Told my wife the only thing we’d see is a bunch of white bros yelling WHOOOOOOOOO for 3 hours straight. 
Honestly, this would probably be my experience there as well, if I had decided to try to go. Never mind that I’m on the other side of the state, and it’s hotter than crap here, I am content to watch the recordings of it later.

not sure what EDM is doing 

@FriedgeHNIC: Keith to EDM for Caleb Jones and a third. No salary retained.

love Duncan but this seems like a weird move for the Oilers. He'll provide some veteran leadership and save the owner some $ since his cap hit is way higher than salary owed. Blackhawks seem likely to target Seth Jones now.

Which smart team is in a race to absolutely throttle Ottawa in a trade where they dump off a big contract of a player with “intangibles”. 

So apparently Guerin hasn't asked Parise or Suter to waiver their no-move clauses to help them protect someone else on the team that, you know, could actually get selected. So what am I missing here? Isn't that just incompetent? I guess unless he has some other deal in place where he already knows who Seattle is going to take.

Aaron Rudnicki said:
love Duncan but this seems like a weird move for the Oilers. He'll provide some veteran leadership and save the owner some $ since his cap hit is way higher than salary owed. Blackhawks seem likely to target Seth Jones now.
This is vintage Ken Holland

Users who are viewing this thread