What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2021/22 Stanley Cup NHL Thread **** Congrats 2022 Avs Cup Champs! (2 Viewers)

@charlieo_conn: Will obviously be doing a full write-up on the deal, but in short, I like it a lot for the Flyers. Obviously it addresses their biggest need. Assuming 2020-21 is an outlier, Ellis is a very, very good RHD. And his $6.25 mil cap hit is more than manageable.

@charlieo_conn: Will obviously be doing a full write-up on the deal, but in short, I like it a lot for the Flyers. Obviously it addresses their biggest need. Assuming 2020-21 is an outlier, Ellis is a very, very good RHD. And his $6.25 mil cap hit is more than manageable.
@charlieo_conn: Fletcher acknowledges that there's risk with Ellis heading into his thirties, but he believes Ellis has a lot of good hockey left ahead of him. Also noted the importance of the reasonable cap hit ($6.25 mil) in why they wanted Ellis.

@BroadStHockey: On Ellis filling The Niskanen Role: They're different players but have some similarities. "Checks a lot of the same boxes that Nisky did," also says Ellis has a little more offense in his game but calls them both very good two-way defensemen.

i.e. goalie 1B in case Carter Hart doesn’t bounce back

@billmeltzer: Fletcher said he is still looking to upgrade if possible, and ongoing focus is add additional help in lowering team GAA.

@StapeAthletic: #Isles have signed Andy Greene to a one-year, $1-million deal, according to a league source.

$750,000 salary/$250,000 bonus.

Greene meets the eligibility requirements for exposure in the expansion draft. List was submitted to the league at 5 p.m.

@DarrenDreger: As I recall, VGK management creatively included an agreement in each trade they were part of in 2017 that prevented clubs involved from doing additional trades prior to the expansion draft. Shrewd, because it paralyzed the market. Observation based on the number of deals today.

@PierreVLeBrun: Hearing that Carey Price has waived his no-move for purpose of exposure in the expansion draft so that the Habs could protect Jake Allen in the expansion draft. The thought is that Seattle wouldn’t want to pick up the rest of Price’s hefty contract. But I guess we will see.

@PierreVLeBrun: Hearing that Carey Price has waived his no-move for purpose of exposure in the expansion draft so that the Habs could protect Jake Allen in the expansion draft. The thought is that Seattle wouldn’t want to pick up the rest of Price’s hefty contract. But I guess we will see.
Man they’re overthinking this. 

Chaos demands Seattle take Price - even if it's a 5x10.5m committment for a 33-year-old (excellent) goalie - though ultimately probably a slick gamble by the Habs.

Love the Devils move for Graves :devil:  now I want them to throw a 7x9 offer at Hamilton.

-QG

@MatthewWords: Price played junior in Washington state, his wife is from there and he'd be closer to his mom in BC. Would the Kraken take him? My marketing background told me he'd be hard NOT to take to launch a franchise. 

#GoHabsGo

@reporterchris: Of note on the Carey Price situation: He's owed an $11M signing bonus in September -- a big upfront payout if #seakraken claim him.

Price also only waived his NMC for expansion purposes. So he can't be claimed and flipped in a subsequent trade without his consent.

Vegas bent over the entire league in the expansion draft, and Seattle is basically left holding its ###. The league learned its lesson, and Seattle apparently wasn't aware of that. Seattle will be nowhere in the same universe as Vegas was.

Seattle can’t anchor a 10.5M cap hit to themselves. Talk about drowning yourself before you even get started. But it would be amazing. 

Vegas bent over the entire league in the expansion draft, and Seattle is basically left holding its ###. The league learned its lesson, and Seattle apparently wasn't aware of that. Seattle will be nowhere in the same universe as Vegas was.
Rules are not as conducive but the flat cap should at least provide them a competitive team

I thought the rules are identical?
Maybe I should have said that because of the flat cap, teams are willing to lose decent players instead of forking over multiple picks/prospects.

Either way, I won't shed a tear for Seattle. They may not be as well off as VGK was, but they'll be competitive. 

@CapFriendly: There are 5 players who've waived their No Move Clauses (NMC) for the Seattle Expansion Draft:

1. Milan Lucic
2. Jeff Skinner
3. Erik Johnson
4. Ben Bishop
5. Carey Price

There were only 2 players to waive their NMC in the Vegas Expansion:

1. Marc-André Fleury
2. Toby Enström

Maybe I should have said that because of the flat cap, teams are willing to lose decent players instead of forking over multiple picks/prospects.

Either way, I won't shed a tear for Seattle. They may not be as well off as VGK was, but they'll be competitive. 
@charlieo_conn: It's abundantly clear that Chuck Fletcher sees the expansion draft as a prime way to clear the kind of cap space he needs to make further moves. Seattle could take Braun (or an org depth guy) but protecting NAK leaves JvR/Voracek/Ghost as the glaring BPAs for the Kraken.

@ryan_s_clark: BREAKING: Carey Price, Vladimir Tarasenko, Gabriel Landeskog,  Ryan Johansen, Mark Giordano, Jonathan Drouin, Yanni Gourde, Tyler Johnson, Jason Zucker, Jared McCann and Kaapo Kahkonen are among those players who have been exposed ahead of the expansion draft. #SeaKraken

@ryan_s_clark: BREAKING: Carey Price, Vladimir Tarasenko, Gabriel Landeskog,  Ryan Johansen, Mark Giordano, Jonathan Drouin, Yanni Gourde, Tyler Johnson, Jason Zucker, Jared McCann and Kaapo Kahkonen are among those players who have been exposed ahead of the expansion draft. #SeaKraken
wow

Not finalized. Expectation is Goodrow will be a Blueshirt once the signing moratorium is lifted with a 6-year deal in $3.6m AAV range. @DFOHockey

🥴 

I’m really interested to see what Drury winds up doing. I have a feeling they will be overpaying for guys like Danualt, Goodrow and Coleman types. Although they could desperately use Danault I think he raised his stock immensely this post season. 
I would stay clear of Eichel but they need to trade Chytl, Kravstov, their first round pick and one of Lindkqvist, Jones and Schneider. Will be interesting to see what they can get for those guys or all together. 
There just isn’t enough room for all of them. A good problem to have but they can’t get fleeced either. 

Not finalized. Expectation is Goodrow will be a Blueshirt once the signing moratorium is lifted with a 6-year deal in $3.6m AAV range. @DFOHockey

🥴
That didn’t take long. I would have rather them throw that money at Danault. He can at least win face offs. Although they say they plan to use Goodrow at C. 6 years for a bottom 6 player is an interesting first signing for a new GM. Pretty sure this off-season will not end well for us. Really hope I can come back and say this post didn’t age well. 

Looks like the Ducks signed Volkov before the lists were sent.

Then did not protect him.   Kinda only makes sense if he's part of some deal for SEA to take Henrique.  Like they select Volkov, and trade for Henrique and eat some salary, which they could not do by just selecting Henrique. The signing helps SEA meet "under contract" criteria.

Thought the Ducks would go 4-4, but went 7-3, and protected Delauries over Volkov which makes little sense unless he's part of a deal.  Also explains with they didn't go 4-4 and protect HFleury.

I liked Volkov, and he could turn into a solid player, but I hope this happens so we can get rid of Most of Henrique's cap hit.

Rumor is that Seattle drafts Tarasenko to flip. The version out of Philly is that Seattle flips him to Flyers for Voracek and a 2nd then drafts Hagg from the Flyers.

@JoyOnBroad: At this point @AntSanPhilly and I have heard two slightly different things with Voracek out and Tarasenko in. 
Ant's heard: the Flyers get VT. Seattle gets JV, a pick, and Hägg. STL gets cap space.
I've heard: Flyers get VT. Seattle gets Hägg and a pick, STL gets JV. (1/2) https://twitter.com/JoyOnBroad/status/1417157551335092229/photo/1

That didn’t take long. I would have rather them throw that money at Danault. He can at least win face offs. Although they say they plan to use Goodrow at C. 6 years for a bottom 6 player is an interesting first signing for a new GM. Pretty sure this off-season will not end well for us. Really hope I can come back and say this post didn’t age well. 
i don’t mind that deal, you can always reasonably buy out of it.  i mind the trouba and kreider deals, which include no movement.  

So will no news come out until tomorrow? I figured we’d see some leaks by now. Reports were that some of the players selected would be there in Seattle tomorrow so you’d have to think they’d be traveling today. 

dom at the athletic @domluszczyszyn

this is one of the worst contracts i’ve ever seen

@ToNewbyginnings: @FriedgeHNIC  said on the 31 Thoughts podcast that someone told him "they don't think Philly's the leader" to land Vladimir Tarasenko #Flyers

Users who are viewing this thread