What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2021/22 Stanley Cup NHL Thread **** Congrats 2022 Avs Cup Champs! (2 Viewers)

wowzer, ESPN is going to ESPN i guess. i finished doing some work and wanted to see the results of the draft at 8:50, and ESPN head's still talking without draft starting yet. Maybe my own fault for thinking the draft would actually start at 8:00 because that was what was advertised
you're crushing the draft here   

wowzer, ESPN is going to ESPN i guess. i finished doing some work and wanted to see the results of the draft at 8:50, and ESPN head's still talking without draft starting yet. Maybe my own fault for thinking the draft would actually start at 8:00 because that was what was advertised
are you ok 

JaxBill said:
wow. Seattle shopping in the discount aisle for umm, "organizational depth".

@frank_seravalli: There was a lot of intrigue about whether #SeaKraken would be tempted to take one of the high-priced players the #Flyers dangled.

Hearing the selection was a bit of a surprise: Carsen Twarynski.

Can honestly say I didn't see him plucked in many mock drafts. @DFOHockey
really seemed like JVR was going to be the pick leading up to it. and with the amount of rumors around Voracek it is hard to see how he won't be traded at this point

So Seattle made no trades. That is mind-boggling. Really seems like they hurt themselves with their punitive approach to this. 
Pierre LeBrun@PierreVLeBrun

·

1m

Any trades Seattle may have in the hopper will be finalized and announced after the trade freeze is lifted at 1 pm ET Thursday. And I suspect there will be a few over the coming days.

·

1m

Any trades Seattle may have in the hopper will be finalized and announced after the trade freeze is lifted at 1 pm ET Thursday. And I suspect there will be a few over the coming days.
Ok. All of hockey Twitter was going on about no trades. 

"Teams weren't willing to make the mistakes they made last time." - @SeattleKraken GM Ron Francis on not being able to leverage the draft rules as Vegas did.

seems frosty

·

1m

To clarify, these would be trades that Seattle has in place with other teams for players they drafted today and will now flip elsewhere.

With regards to side trades prior to the expansion draft itself, Seattle made none.

so now we are back to no trades   

To clarify, these would be trades that Seattle has in place with other teams for players they drafted today and will now flip elsewhere.

With regards to side trades prior to the expansion draft itself, Seattle made none.

so now we are back to no trades   
Holy $&$($&#@

I don't get the Pitlick to Flyers rumors. Sure, the Flyers are soft but that's way down the list of their problems. Maybe this is a way for them to shed salary? JVR and a third for Pitlick? Then why didn't they just draft JVR instead of an AHL player? 😕

Yeah, I'm not very confident that the Kracken have anything up their old proverbial sleeves.  Seems from what I've read GM's were very reluctant to part with assets to protect players.

Kracken came in with a game plan to get physical players and save cap space.  They passed on most all of the talented/scoring type players.  I could see a few players get flipped but I don't think there are going to be many major surprises here and they are playing the long game.  Seemed like if they were going to make some splashes they would have grabbed some more appealing offensive players.  

Kracken wanted 2 first from another team to take Killorn and flip him. Multiple draft picks and a prospect to lay off Jake Allen. Apparently sky high to flip Tarasenko. Sure there were plenty other insane offers not reported as seen by no deals. They just way overdid it and cost themselves. 

ny post reporting that the rangers are in trade talks to obtain giordano.  no idea who this reporter is, but that deal makes little sense to me.  with trouba miller fox and lindgren, they seem to have a solid top 4.  giordano is 37 and who does he bump down?  i don’t think this is even close.  rangers definitely want to shed buchnevich strome and chytil.  man, francis did a horrid job imo.  drafting tall guys doesn’t really make you a genius.  d had the value, but you can only play 6 of them at a time i think.  i mean, marek malik was 6’6” and it didn’t do much.

Kracken wanted 2 first from another team to take Killorn and flip him. Multiple draft picks and a prospect to lay off Jake Allen. Apparently sky high to flip Tarasenko. Sure there were plenty other insane offers not reported as seen by no deals. They just way overdid it and cost themselves. 
According to LeBrun, when the Habs asked Francis how much to lay off Price, Francis didn't respond.  Seattle should have responded with something decent like say, a second round pick. Instead, they got out maneuvered.

ny post reporting that the rangers are in trade talks to obtain giordano.  no idea who this reporter is, but that deal makes little sense to me.  with trouba miller fox and lindgren, they seem to have a solid top 4.  giordano is 37 and who does he bump down?  i don’t think this is even close.  rangers definitely want to shed buchnevich strome and chytil.  man, francis did a horrid job imo.  drafting tall guys doesn’t really make you a genius.  d had the value, but you can only play 6 of them at a time i think.  i mean, marek malik was 6’6” and it didn’t do much.
Not to mention how do you introduce him as the veteran captain of your team one night and then trade him next day?

According to LeBrun, when the Habs asked Francis how much to lay off Price, Francis didn't respond.  Seattle should have responded with something decent like say, a second round pick. Instead, they got out maneuvered.
LeBrun-

And so imagine this: I’m told the Kraken last week informed the Canadiens that the price to lay off Jake Allen if he was left unprotected in expansion would be two picks and a prospect. It was a high price, which is why the Habs were talking to at least two teams about potentially trading him last week. The price to lay off Carey Price, who was stunningly left unprotected instead? Well, there was none. Many of us expected the Kraken at the 11th hour to communicate an asset price to Montreal in exchange for not taking their legendary netminder. That call, somewhat surprisingly, never came, I’m told. And maybe it’s because the Kraken figured if the Habs were willing to leave Price unprotected, they were willing to live with the consequences. Habs GM Marc Bergevin has swung for the fences over the past year, going back to his busy 2020 offseason, and his bluff with the Kraken on Price was quite a move.

What I had read about Giordano is that it is more likely they will wait till mid/late season before shopping him to derive maximum value from a contender.  That would make more sense than trading him now, imho.  But, not much that the Kracken did in the draft made sense to me other than the Gourde, a few defenseman and their goalies (I would have passed on Price as well as an expansion team as the age/contract would be taking on a nearly  unmovable asset).  Who knows.

if Ronnie was going to go this route, at a minimum he should have been buying up contracts for free picks/prospects and load up on ammo like Vegas did.  regardless of how "careful' GMs are being you can always play the Yotes role and eat $.  even if he has a ton of action over the next week, $28 mil in space with 19 contracts currently on the books...it will be tough to fill that up and if he does it will be overpaying anyway.   seems like he didn't understand the market prices and didn't adjust his strategy and make better picks.  unless he can now lure in some big UFA or land something significant in a big deal, looks like a big whiff so far.  maybe he has something cooking, who knows.  weird.

if hyman gets 8/40 and t hall gets 4/24, then 6/22 for goodrow seems fine to me.  i hate paying for bottom 6, but he is gonna help.
Come on man those guys are waaaaaaaaaay better than Goodrow. Not even comparable. If anything Hall’s contract illustrates how bad Goodrow’s is. 

If Goodrow came to Tampa and they lost to the Islanders in the East final (lol) both years what kind of contract would he be getting? 3/7.5?

Last edited by a moderator:
@EricEngels: Marc Bergevin says Shea Weber has several injuries (ankle, foot, knee, thumb). "Even missing a practice for him wasn't an option. He has a lot of mileage...He won't be back next season, and probably won't be back for his career."

If Goodrow came to Tampa and they lost to the Islanders in the East final (lol) both years what kind of contract would he be getting? 3/7.5?
advanced metrics indicate goodrow is on track for a deal around 3/9.5.  so, you can argue 6 yrs is too much, but the aav seems in line.  what i don’t like is that the rangers passed on jesper fast at 3/6.  but, when you go into a corner, fast was like jumping into a pile of marshmallows.  i am hopeful goodrow is a top PP killer, on for big draws and and at the end of the games.  hyman is 29 and i would venture to guess playing with marner taveras and matthews has helped him.  with edm i assume he wings macdavid.  but paying hyman to 37 doesn’t seem optimal to me.  as far as hall is concerned, he is an absolute oft injured pig.  playing with marchand and pastryneck will help, that is until hall misses half the season with a bruised ego or inflamed toe hair.  his 2-17 invisible man act with buffalo tells me a lot about him and i think he played with eichel and reinhart.  personally, i’d rather an overachiever than underachiever on my team.  i’ll worry about goodrow’s 3.5 aav at a later date if need be.  also, hyman getting a no move.  as a nyr fan, i think trouba and kreider deals are far worse than goodrow.  these no move clauses need to go.  

but here’s the thing, tb dealt a 1 for goodrow and i understand his contract had value.  people felt that was an overpay, then tb wins back to back cups.  they got goodrow for the same reason the rangers want him.  nyr need to pay more, but that can be managed.  this contract won’t cripple them especially with some dead money being moved.

advanced metrics indicate goodrow is on track for a deal around 3/9.5.  so, you can argue 6 yrs is too much, but the aav seems in line.  what i don’t like is that the rangers passed on jesper fast at 3/6.  but, when you go into a corner, fast was like jumping into a pile of marshmallows.  i am hopeful goodrow is a top PP killer, on for big draws and and at the end of the games.  hyman is 29 and i would venture to guess playing with marner taveras and matthews has helped him.  with edm i assume he wings macdavid.  but paying hyman to 37 doesn’t seem optimal to me.  as far as hall is concerned, he is an absolute oft injured pig.  playing with marchand and pastryneck will help, that is until hall misses half the season with a bruised ego or inflamed toe hair.  his 2-17 invisible man act with buffalo tells me a lot about him and i think he played with eichel and reinhart.  personally, i’d rather an overachiever than underachiever on my team.  i’ll worry about goodrow’s 3.5 aav at a later date if need be.  also, hyman getting a no move.  as a nyr fan, i think trouba and kreider deals are far worse than goodrow.  these no move clauses need to go.  
Cutting edge chode analysis 

but here’s the thing, tb dealt a 1 for goodrow and i understand his contract had value.  people felt that was an overpay, then tb wins back to back cups.  they got goodrow for the same reason the rangers want him.  nyr need to pay more, but that can be managed.  this contract won’t cripple them especially with some dead money being moved.
I agree he’s a good player, just seems like NYR are going to be getting the back end of his career where he isn’t meeting that value. Going to be a big difference in that guy at age 28 compared to age 34 I’d think. 

That said, if the cap goes up in a few years it won’t kill them. 

Makes me think the Bolts should have dared them to take McD 

I agree he’s a good player, just seems like NYR are going to be getting the back end of his career where he isn’t meeting that value. Going to be a big difference in that guy at age 28 compared to age 34 I’d think. 

That said, if the cap goes up in a few years it won’t kill them. 
i don’t disagree.  but at least it’s age 34 and not age 38.  

I read something, maybe by Shana Goldman that says teams should be looking for the next Goodrow and Coleman and not signing those guys because they aren’t worth it. Obviously a lot easier said than done 

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

·

29m

One of the moves we will likely see in less than an hour is Tyler Pitlick going from Seattle to the Calgary Flames.

·

7m

Hearing Detroit is acquiring goalie Alex Nedeljkovic from Carolina. (for 3rd and Bernier)

@TSNHockey

@TheAthletic

Alex Nedeljkovic has agreed to terms on a 2 year contract with Detroit. $3.0M AAV.

is Carolina broke? 

CapFriendly@CapFriendly

·

19s

TRADE
To Arizona #Coyotes D Shayne Gostisbehere 2022 2nd round pick 2022 7th round pick (STL)
To Philadelphia #Flyers No Return

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread