What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** 2021/22 Stanley Cup NHL Thread **** Congrats 2022 Avs Cup Champs! (3 Viewers)

I've seen a number of games now where they have only had 1 referee on the ice while the other was stuck in Covid protocals.

IMO, there is no way the NBA and NHL are going to get through the season as currently setup.  The new variant is way too contagious, it's winter time with a ton of people confined indoors in smaller spaces and masks are fine, but they are not all that effective.  The only way the season will continue is with the NFL model of vaxed players not getting tested unless they show symptoms and only unvaxed players get daily tests.  As more and more games get postponed, the schedule will become a mess, even with utilizing the Olympic break to make up games.  And then you're going to have to figure out the whole traveling between Canada and the U.S. that the NFL doesn't have to deal with at all.
Looks like the NHL finally came to their senses and after the ASB will stop testing asymptomatic players.

Mike won the last man in contest for the ASG, and then said, nah, can't make it, personal reasons.  That's pretty weak IMHO.  And yeah, I voted for him 40 times but he should have said something beforehand.

Rangers with a big game tonight vs the Leafs should be a good one and then Avs/Ducks could be another good one later on.

Panthers are really fun time to watch at home, they swarm the opposition, it's really incredible and are 21-3 at home, that's pretty good.  of course 5-5-5 on the road is telling and last night Calgary took care of them pretty good.

I'll defer to our resident Sabres homer in here, but I believe the guy they threw between the pipes last night was their 6th goalie of this year?  And he just goes out and saves 43 of 44.  That's a lot of goalies for one team in a year, no?

Félix Sicard@Felix_Sicard

·

15h

Tonight, the Ducks were missing:
Troy Terry
Sonny Milano
Cam Fowler
Josh Manson
Simon Benoit
Adam Henrique
Max Jones
Anthony Stolarz
Head coach Dallas Eakins

And they beat the back-to-back champs 5-1.

Well, that was a thing that happened again. I didn’t follow the game, since I’m on the Covid list now as well, but losses happen. Regroup, beat the Sharks, and take the next 4 days to rest.

That is the plan. My middle daughter has it as well, but she’s handling it fine, too. The worst thing I have going is that my ribs hurt a bit from coughing, but I know I could have it a lot worse. My wife and other kids have yet to show symptoms, but we’re staying home for the next few days at least. Truthfully, I’m a bit irked at having dodged it for almost 2 years but now I have it. Not sure why, though.

These Flyers really are terrible

Chuck Fletcher is supposed to address the media on Wednesday. 

@jsaquella: Here’s questions I’d like asked Wednesday: Why should fans be excited for you to retool the team, again, when in 3 years it went from young upcoming team with a highly regarded system to an old, awful & expensive bottom 5 team under your watch?

So these chrome helmets the Kings have. Is that an often thing, or just this one time?

Because on their own those helmets earn a place in a "worst unis ever" list.

Last edited by a moderator:
he has struggled since coming back
He has. They originally intended for him to get a stint in the minors first, and then something happened - some Covid issues maybe? - that took away that opportunity so they just brought him straight back to the NHL. Looks like that isn't proving to be the best course of action.

So these chrome helmets the Kings have. Is that an often thing, or just this one time?

Because on their own those helmets earn a place in a "worst unis ever" list.
Totally agree.  Too Tron like.  They wear them with those "third" jerseys that seem to be the Gretzky chevy logo jerseys but with a slightly different color scheme.  I wish the helmets would go away.  

Chuck Fletcher is supposed to address the media on Wednesday. 

@jsaquella: Here’s questions I’d like asked Wednesday: Why should fans be excited for you to retool the team, again, when in 3 years it went from young upcoming team with a highly regarded system to an old, awful & expensive bottom 5 team under your watch?

@charlieo_conn: Fletcher acknowledges the draft is the best way to add top-end talent, but doesn't necessarily commit to "bottoming out" to get it. Says there's other ways, including just being better at drafting period. Scott says he doesn't expect a 3-5 year rebuild. Thinks they can fix it.

@avappleyard: I think quite frankly @NHLFlyers are slightly deluded about:

The cumulative level of players they have
The ability to potentially contend over next few yrs

Because if talking about 3x 30+ year olds being core+taking no time to turn around?

That seems very unrealistic. #Flyers

@charlieo_conn: Fletcher acknowledges the draft is the best way to add top-end talent, but doesn't necessarily commit to "bottoming out" to get it. Says there's other ways, including just being better at drafting period. Scott says he doesn't expect a 3-5 year rebuild. Thinks they can fix it.

Because if talking about 3x 30+ year olds being core+taking no time to turn around?

I'm glad they have such a big lead on the HABS.  They're making a run but I think the Habs will hold them off

The Flyers clearly aren't talented enough but there has to be a culture problem there with the players.  There is no way they win with the core of this team.

Pretty sure Calgary just set the record for shots on goal in a non overtime game.  Saw they had 8 guys with 4+ Sog as well

eta 9 guys now 

time for the rangers to think about not using georgiev.  seems like he doesn’t know how to play the position and he cost them deangelo.

I could probably make a pretty penny selling my tickets for the game tomorrow. But it will be a great memory for my and my son. Sometimes, you can’t put money on stuff like that. 
He’ll remember it forever. 

I’m taking my daughter for Bolts/Knights on Saturday. Her first game. 

Bring Back bobby Clark at this ####### point. Fletcher is awful.

My kids first hockey game ended in a ####### 0-0 tie :lmao:

Kinda weird the 8 playoff teams in the east are kind of settled. Doesn’t seem like there’s a lot to play for, for some of these teams. 

Users who are viewing this thread