What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Treylon Burks, TEN (1 Viewer)

Arkansas WR Treylon Burks jumps 33" in the vertical jump.

Considering that Burks' (6'2/225) big appeal early in the draft was his athleticism, jumping only 33" is not the best way to start his athletic testing. It puts him the 37th percentile of all wide receivers since the combine began in 1987. This isn't the end-all for Burks, but he will need better testing to see his draft stock at the top of the class.

SOURCE: Kent Lee Platte

Mar 3, 2022, 5:20 PM ET

4.55 is very disappointing. Burks is having a rough combine so far. 

Personally, I think he's the 5th best WR in this class. 

Arkansas WR Treylon Burks ran 4.55 and 4.5 seconds in his two attempts at the 40-yard dash on Thursday.

Burks (6'2/225) is an excellent athlete who has drawn comparisons to San Francisco WR/RB Deebo Samuel but his first attempt at the 40-yard dash was somewhat of a disappointment. At only 4.55 on his first attempt, you could see his start look a little rough and he cleaned that up in the second attempt. The flying-20 (the final 20 yards) is what matters the most for Burks, as he is a guy that builds speed.

SOURCE: Ian Cummings

Mar 3, 2022, 6:59 PM ET

Hmm. Measurables coming in a tier or more below the NFL comps I had for him ... AJ Brown, Deebo, Cordarrelle. Still could do his thing (Pads > Underwears), but oof for now.

"Burks' 4.55-second 40 time is just fine for a 225-pound receiver. His 32-inch vertical and 10-foot-2 broad jump were not exceptional, though, even for a player his size. Burks was inconsistent during his drill work, sometimes looking smooth catching passes but appearing too linear in his movements at other times. With impressive performances happening all around him, Burks' outing was not what he needed to secure the top receiver spot in the draft."

Same link as from Faust.  Thought I would bring this to the forefront.   https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-scouting-combine-winners-and-losers-day-1-chris-olave-malik-willis-impr

Last edited by a moderator:
Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline reports Jets general manager Joe Douglas has been "gushing" about Arkansas WR Treylon Burks. 

Pauline said Burks, who is 6'2" and 225 pounds and ran a 4.55 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine, is the top wideout on the Jets' draft board. "Whether or not Burks’ subpar Combine performance changes that ranking remains to be seen," Pauline said. "Not only did Burks test poorly, but he did not look good in position drills." Burks, fresh off an 1,104-yard, 12-touchdown season at Arkansas, would make for an intriguing addition to a receiver room with Elijah Moore. The Jets have two top-10 draft picks. 

RELATED: 

New York Jets

SOURCE: ProFootballNetwork.com

Mar 5, 2022, 2:43 PM ET

Former Arkansas WR Treylon Burks skipped the 40-yard dash portion of Arkansas' Pro Day on Wednesday.

Burks (6'2/225) ran a 4.55 40-time at the NFL Scouting Combine, which rubbed some scouts and analysts the wrong way. Coupled with underwhelming numbers in the vertical and long jumps, the perceived explosiveness to Burks' game was absent last week. Burks improved his vertical jump by a half-inch at the Pro Day and put up 12 reps on the bench press. For some, Burks' tape speaks for itself and is enough to rank him as the draft's top receiver. But those hoping to see improved numbers at his Pro Day will be left wanting more.

SOURCE: 247Sports.com

Mar 9, 2022, 7:23 PM ET

According to PFF, WR Treylon Burks has the highest receiving grade for an Arkansas player since 2015.

The crop of wide receivers is pretty good this year as there are a few projected to go into the first round, including Burks (6'2/225). He is certainly one of the better Razorback pass-catching prospects in a long time as he got a 91.0 receiving grade from Pro Football Focus, the highest for an Arkansas player since Hunter Henry in 2015. Henry has developed into one of the better receiving tight ends in the league so that is good company. One team is hoping that's the case as they'll have to spend a first-round pick to get him

SOURCE: PFF College

Mar 12, 2022, 5:18 PM ET

According to PFF, Arkansas WR Treylon Burks had the highest grade for 20+ yard receptions.

At a grade of 96.9, he was tied with Pitt’s Jordan Addison for the honors. That explosive speed and ability to make big catches is going to entice a lot of teams in the first round. With Davante Adams out of Green Bay, Burks could be a fitting replacement as A-Rod’s big playmaker that they will be missing this year.

SOURCE: PFF College

Mar 20, 2022, 2:08 PM ET

NFL Network's Bucky Brooks has moved Arkansas WR Treylon Burks out of his top-five in his latest prospect rankings.

In an article published on Wednesday, Brooks ranked Drake London, Jameson Williams, Garrett Wilson, Jahan Dotson and Chris Olave as his top-five receivers, with Burks (6'3/225) falling off the list after previously being ranked fifth. Replacing Burks with Olave, Brooks calls Olave a "scoring machine with speed and explosiveness to win on deep routes from an outside alignment." Burks has been knocked down some draft boards for the 4.55 40-time that he ran at the NFL Scouting Combine, however Brooks doesn't specify whether or not that was the case here.

RELATED: 

Chris Olave

SOURCE: NFL.com

Mar 23, 2022, 9:37 PM ET

Would be interesting if he dropped to someone like KC or GB.
Yeah I was about to post this. KC need a big WR and a guy like Burks, who is being tabbed a "super possession receiver" would be a huge get. Green Bay just needs someone at the WR position...

PFF's Mike Renner has Arkansas WR Treylon Burks as his biggest boom or bust WR in this year's draft class.

Burks (6'3/225) was widely viewed as an insane athlete before the combine, showing explosiveness and power in the open field. At the combine, he underwhelmed athletically, jumping 33" in the vertical and running a 4.55-second 40-yard dash. Pair that with most of his touches being schemed and it has Renner concerned. Renner does go on to say that he possesses the tools to be an X-receiver at the next level, leaving a very wide range of outcomes.

SOURCE: PFF

Mar 24, 2022, 11:05 PM ET

No Flags Film@NoFlagsFilm

Best Draft WRs after the catch

LINK to chart

-----------------------------------------------

Smart Football@SmartfootbalI

YPRR on go routes/seam routes (vertical concepts) amongst pass catchers in the 2022 draft class..

1. Treylon Burks, 11.82

2. Alec Pierce, 8.45

3. Jameson Williams, 8.18

4. Jahan Dotson, 8.10

5. Kevin Austin Jr, 7.74

2022 PRE-DRAFT ROOKIE WIDE RECEIVER RANKS AND PROFILES, PART 1

Excerpt:

1) Treylon Burks, Arkansas 

At a glance:
Burks is 6 foot 2, 225 pounds, and excellent after the catch. Although he played primarily from the slot at Arkansas, he will likely play on the outside in the NFL. Burks was highly efficient and productive throughout his three-year career and was successful at a variety of depths. He is likely to be selected in the mid-late first round.

Statistical Comps:

• Dez Bryant
  • Alshon Jeffery
  • Allen Robinson
  • JuJu Smith-Schuster
  • A.J. Brown

• Jon Baldwin
  • N'Keal Harry
  • Laviska Shenault

Arkansas head coach Sam Pittman believes that Arkansas WR Treylon Burks can fit into any offensive scheme.

When you look at the size and skill set that Burks (6'2/225) possesses, it lends credence to Pittman's comments. He has the size and high point ability to play the X receiver position, dominates in the open field when he gets the football in his hands, and has the ability to learn all the nuances technically to be a great receiver. Where he ends up going in the draft will be heavily predicated on what teams want him to do. His ceiling is as high as the top-10.

SOURCE: PFF Draft

Apr 7, 2022, 1:28 PM ET

I am afraid GB or KC draft him and I will draft Garret Wilson anyway, ila I draft CEH over Taylor 

According to Pro Football Focus' Anthony Treash, he has Arkansas WR Treylon Burks going to the New York Jets No. 35.

Early in the predraft process, Burks (6'2/225) was considered a guaranteed first-rounder, and some projected him as the first wide receiver taken. His less than stellar testing numbers and a RAS score of 5.78, it has some experts backing off. Treash has him dropping out of Day 1 completely and falling to the Jets early on Day 2. For his potential that could be a great value and New York will be looking to add weapons for Zach Wilson.

SOURCE: PFF

Apr 10, 2022, 12:33 PM ET

Fantasy Points @FantasyPts

Pump the brakes on Treylon Burks?

@JimNagy_SB thinks so, as he reveals to @ScottBarrettDFB on the latest Fantasy Points Podcast.
https://twitter.com/fantasypts/status/1512897437559631874?s=21

Scott Barrett @ScottBarrettDFB

"I actually struggle with [Treylon] Burks. I was surprised people were talking about this guy as a Round 1 pick. I just didn't see that kind of talent...  I thought Laviska Shenault's tape was considerably better coming out."

Burks is currently the WR1 by @DLFootball Rookie ADP

https://twitter.com/scottbarrettdfb/status/1512919390173417473?s=21

PFF's Mike Renner believes Arkansas WR Treylon Burks can do a little bit of everything.

The combine was where Burks (6'2"/225) had the opportunity to separate himself from the rest of the class. His size and play style are incredibly unique, even drawing comparisons to Deebo Samuel. Renner had some high praise for Burks, extenuating his ability to break ankles, tackles, and stiff-arm opponents into oblivion. In this wide receiver class, Burks could go anywhere from first to sixth or seventh off the board due to how diverse the skillsets are. 

Apr 15, 2022, 12:22 AM ET

Arkansas WR Treylon Burks thrives in press coverage tied for the most touchdowns against it with 13.

Burks (6'2/225) is best known for maximizing the yards after the catch and being great in the open field. He was also dominant against press coverage, amassing an SEC-leading 13 touchdowns. One element of Burks' game that doesn't get talked about enough is his contested catch ability. He is really good at tracking the football and displays great body control on deep shots. With the success playing against press in the SEC, that will translate to the NFL.

Apr 21, 2022, 8:28 PM ET

The Athletic's Ben Standig reports Arkansas WR Treylon Burks will hold a virtual meeting with the Washington Commanders.

The Commanders currently hold the 11th overall pick in this year's draft, and are looking to add talent around quarterback Carson Wentz. Burks (6'2/225) has seen his draft stock slip since the Combine, but should still draw first round interest. Burks could very well end up going higher than everybody is expecting. The Commanders taking him at pick No. 11 would buck recent trends of several mock drafts.

SOURCE: Ben Standig on Twitter

Apr 22, 2022, 12:21 PM ET

To be fair, I can't imagine Burks going to a worse situation than what Shenault has had in Jacksonville these last 2 years. That being said, I think Shenault was probably a more talented prospect so...?

Side note, teams should really be trying to trade for Viska after all the Jags off season additions. 

I'm starting to think there may be enough smoke that Burks could fall out of round 1. Of course, all it takes is one team, but between the bad combine/pro day (including sitting on his 4.55, which suggests he knows he's not topping that) and other WRs impressing, it seems very much on the table, which sounded crazy 2 months ago.

I think the 40 time thing is being a bit overblown. Did people really expect him to run sub 4.4’s at his size? He looked plenty fast to me in the Alabama game as he outran four defenders to the end zone. 

I think the 40 time thing is being a bit overblown. Did people really expect him to run sub 4.4’s at his size? He looked plenty fast to me in the Alabama game as he outran four defenders to the end zone. 
It wasn't just the 40 time though (and yes, many thought 4.4 was his range) his entire spectrum of tests were mediocre to awful. His agility testing (shuttle, 3-cone) were among the worst of any WRs that will be drafted. His 3-cone was tied for dead last. He had trouble separating, and that's only going to get worse, especially since there isn't much in the toolbox to fall back on.

The way he was used is scary, because its likely not translatable. Its the difference between why Burks being slow is a bigger red flag than a guy like Drake London being slow. 

Even that big play against Bama, he got away with a huge push off, the Safety took an awful angle (basically taking himself and his own CB out of the play) and Burks didn't get caught from behind by 2 guys he had almost a 10 yard head start on. 

Yep

@TommygarrettPFN

Treylon Burks was tracked on GPS at 22.6 MPH on a 92-yard screen TD last season. It would have been the fastest ball carrier in the NFL last season according to Next Gen Stats. GPS>40-yard

The Athletic's Bruce Feldman quoted a receiver coach in a recent article who said Arkansas WR Treylon Burks "is a freak show, but he is super raw."

Burks (6'3/225) was tabbed as an athletic freak ahead of the NFL Scouting Combine, but saw some of that hype fall off after his 4.55 40-time. Nevertheless, it was Burks' performance on tape that drove his hype train, and some coaches appear to still be on board. Coaches did knock Burks for his route running, suggesting that he needs to be more refined and wasn't asked to run many routes at Arkansas. One of the more polarizing players in this year's draft, it will be interesting to see how Burks' Combine affected his overall draft stock come Thursday.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Apr 26, 2022, 12:50 PM ET

Titans selected Arkansas WR Treylon Burks with the No. 18 overall pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

This is the pick the Titans got from the Eagles in exchange for A.J. Brown, so it's natural to use it on his replacement. Burks was drawing Brown comparisons thanks to his YAC skills. Burks (6'2/225) declared for the draft after a dominant true junior campaign in which he recorded 67 receptions for 1,123 yards and 11 touchdowns in 12 games, earning first-team All-SEC honors. Burks was also excellent early in his college career, making second-team All-SEC in 2019 and 2020 and the SEC All-Freshman team. He finished his Arkansas career with a 36% yardage share, which is off the charts for a three-year player. Burks is a yards-after-catch star who feasted on screens and gets up to speed quickly despite his big frame. However, after playing 68% of his 2021 snaps in the slot, he'll likely need to transition to the outside in the pro game. His ability to do that was put in doubt when he recorded a 4.55 40 and a 33" vertical at the combine -- although he improved his vertical to 35.5" at his pro day. Burks has a unique skill set that could take some creative coaching to maximize at the NFL level, but he also has upside to emerge as a big-bodied outside receiver who racks up yards after the catch. It's a great fit in Tennessee.

Apr 28, 2022, 10:07 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread