What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty IDP set up question (2 Viewers)

thawkprime21

Footballguy
So doing a dynasty league with IDP which I have never done IDP. Im looking for advice on amount of defensive players that should be started and any scoring I should look at. Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Currently thinking 2DL 2LB 2DB 1 flex this would be a superflex league 1qb 1sf 2rb 3wr 2 flex 1 te. Dont want it to be overwhelming for us with IDP but also want the players to matter. Any advice ia welcomed.

You need to have as many IDP starters as you have offensive starters.  You also want the same tier of IDP scoring to equal the same tier of offensive scoring.

If you only have a couple IDP starters then they become like kickers and an afterthought.

You need to have as many IDP starters as you have offensive starters.  You also want the same tier of IDP scoring to equal the same tier of offensive scoring.

If you only have a couple IDP starters then they become like kickers and an afterthought.
So what do you recommend for defensive scoring if its a .1 per yard rushing and receiving and .5 ppr. to keep the top defenders close to what the position players are.

So what do you recommend for defensive scoring if its a .1 per yard rushing and receiving and .5 ppr. to keep the top defenders close to what the position players are.
Depending on your league site you can input various scoring and see how 2020 would have come out.  We just cycled through various items until we were fairly close.  Our offensive scoring isn't typical so hard for me to provide input.

One other thing I would add is to break down scoring for IDP into components to help smooth the scoring.  For instance we give 3pts for a qb hit, 2 pts for tackle for loss, 3 pts for a sack.  So in total you get 8pts per most sacks but players can get pts even without the sack with the qb hit.  It really helped to smooth the scoring for us.  We also went for big play scoring to make edge rushers and DE more valuable so you can build in different ways.  We also increased DT scoring to make that position relevant.  

Hope that helps.

My 16 team Dynasty league we use:

Starting Offensive Positions (7) = 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR/TE, 2 RB/WR/TE Flex. NOTE – TE’s are classed as WR’s for starting position purposes but do garner higher PPR value.

Starting Individual Defensive Player Positions (7) = 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 Flex (DL, LB, or DB)

Def Scoring:

Assist Tackle = .5 point

Solo Tackle = 1 Point

Tackle for Loss = 1.5 Point

Sack = 4 points

Interception = 2 points

Deflected Pass = 1 Point

Forced Fumble = 2 Points

Fumble Recovery (from opponent) = 2 points

Safety = 2 Points

Top 10 IDP players when the dust has settled generally score in the 140-180 point range. Which is about 1/2 of what the top off players score, so our league is still Off geared but IDP players definitely can win/lose games for teams. Its not unheard of for an IDP to score over 20 points in this system. 

Users who are viewing this thread