What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Disc golf - People are saying this is the new greatest moment in sports history (1 Viewer)

Are you all related to the Ultimate Frisbee Family? I like watching their highlights! 
Yes sir, I traveled competitively for two decades.  Got to play all over North America. 

Wyoming Montana Idaho Washington Oregon California British Columbia Alberta Wisconsin Utah Texas Delaware Pennsylvania district of Columbia Virginia Georgia Maryland Hawaii West Virginia Michigan Louisiana Alabama Colorado 

That's a lot of couches.

Yes sir, I traveled competitively for two decades.  Got to play all over North America. 

Wyoming Montana Idaho Washington Oregon California British Columbia Alberta Wisconsin Utah Texas Delaware Pennsylvania district of Columbia Virginia Georgia Maryland Hawaii West Virginia Michigan Louisiana Alabama Colorado 

That's a lot of couches.
In frisbee golf or ultimate frisbee? 

Two questions from the gallery?

1) Could Conrad see the target (hole?) from where he threw? Was it a completely blind shot? I mean, I'm sure he had a course layout and a general reckoning of where the frisbee needed to go, but still.

2) That was definitely a dog leg, correct? Again, blind shot?

3) How can the general public reckon the level of difficulty of Conrad's shot? Is that the kind of thing that a bunch of frisbee pros could line up all day attempting, and it would be considered a miracle if it went in once out of a couple thousand throws? Harder or easier than a full-court basketball shot?

EDIT: Yes, I see that it's actually three questions  :bag:

Last edited by a moderator:
grateful zed said:
Qualified for world championships in both sports.   

:homer:
An old frat bro won the World Championship in Saudi I think it was.  Possibly more than one year, I've just seen a number of team pics w/ trophies on his FB.  Is that possible?  Like in the last 5 years, has the US been winning it?

His is the one that thinks it's arena league football, Ultimate??

grateful zed said:

That's a lot of couches.
Forget the couches, how many strains of weed you think that adds up to?

I would have said the new greatest moment is Joey Chestnut downing hot dog #76, but ESPN truly effed up the broadcast, so we’ll never know.

Also, I think some of you missed the part about being down a stroke on the final hole to the 5 TIME CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!

At least a top 3 all-time sports moment for sure. 

Also, I think some of you missed the part about being down a stroke on the final hole to the 5 TIME CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!

At least a top 3 all-time sports moment for sure. 
Maybe in that particular sport.  But in the hierchy of sports that ranks somewhere well below curling and perhaps slightly above artistic synchronized swimming.  

Two questions from the gallery?

1) Could Conrad see the target (hole?) from where he threw? Was it a completely blind shot? I mean, I'm sure he had a course layout and a general reckoning of where the frisbee needed to go, but still.

2) That was definitely a dog leg, correct? Again, blind shot?

3) How can the general public reckon the level of difficulty of Conrad's shot? Is that the kind of thing that a bunch of frisbee pros could line up all day attempting, and it would be considered a miracle if it went in once out of a couple thousand throws? Harder or easier than a full-court basketball shot?

EDIT: Yes, I see that it's actually three questions  :bag:
1) he probably only had to walk about 30 feet to his left to see the basket.  The trees on his right blocked his natural path/throw to the basket.  It wasn’t necessarily a blind shot but it was obstructed, forcing him to throw left and make the disc go against its nature.

2). Yes.  His second shot ideally would have been further left in the fairway giving him a straight line look at the basket.  Obviously it worked out OK for him.

3) A full court buzzer beater is a good analogy.  I would liken it to holing out from 150 for an eagle to beat (edit: Tie) Tiger who is 2 feet from the pin for birdie.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread