What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New FBG Header Image (1 Viewer)

How do I get to my PM's when the ad covers it?
Thanks. Not sure what you mean as there is no advertisement there. That may change for the future, but for now, there are no ads in the forums. 

Looks like the header is somehow getting mashed together. It looks fine on my iphone but the challenge is with so many different phone sizes, it's a challenge.

For everyone that can please, link to a screen shot and most importantly, what phone and browser you're using. Thanks. 

Thanks. Not sure what you mean as there is no advertisement there. That may change for the future, but for now, there are no ads in the forums. 

Looks like the header is somehow getting mashed together. It looks fine on my iphone but the challenge is with so many different phone sizes, it's a challenge.

For everyone that can please, link to a screen shot and most importantly, what phone and browser you're using. Thanks. 
Here is what it looks like on a Samsung S21 Ultra..  The large FOOTBALLGUY is a link so it is impossible to click on notifications.  

Looks like the header is somehow getting mashed together. It looks fine on my iPhone but the challenge is with so many different phone sizes, it's a challenge.

The banner can show up poorly on laptops, too. Running a Dell Inspiron 14 5000, Windows 10 Pro, Google Chrome Version 91.0.4472.124 (64-bit).

Screenshot

There are two specific problems: (1) The webpage can't find/load the font for the banner word "FOOTBALLGUYS" and (2) the webpage can't find/load the Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube icons at top right.

It's also not working on Safari Version 14.1.1 (15611.2.7.1.6, 15611)
Can you please describe exactly what "not working" means. And on what device? Won't load the page or the page is not rendering correctly? Screen shots are super helpful if you can post them.

Here you go: Banner

iPhone 11 Pro

Safari browser

I think a lot of folks are having a hard time getting to their account for PMs and such (myself included). The header is hyperlinked so I hit the main page all the time as a result of not being able to hit the three bars. Hth

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing you want to have checked: it may look fine on your phone because you have the font for "FOOTBALLGUYS" cached on your device.

I suspect that because on my laptop, I'm switching between two separate Google accounts and visiting the FBG Free For All page. On the old account I've been using forever and almost always use for general browsing, the banner looks normal. When I switch to another Google account (with it's own separate cache, cookies, etc.) and then visit the FBG Free For All page ... I see the jacked-up banner. All on the same laptop (specs above).

Joe, try to visit the page from someone's device that you are pretty sure doesn't visit Footballguys (or someone who doesn't mind you clearing their history/cache first). Phone or laptop, makes no difference.

Thanks for the help everyone. 

It helps a ton of you can please continue to post:

1. Screenshot of what you're seeing.

2. Device you're using.

3. Browser you're using.

We've got some significant issues ahead of this one but we'll try our best to get to this in the next 10 days or so. Thanks. 

Can you please describe exactly what "not working" means. And on what device? Won't load the page or the page is not rendering correctly? Screen shots are super helpful if you can post them.
The image is very much the same thing that Doug B posted in his screenshot. I am using a MacBook Air, a few years old, running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

Functionality is all there so not a big deal. It just looks a bit messy.

ETA: the social media icons at the top of the page are three white boxes. I clicked on one and it took me to Facebook, the others link to Twitter and YouTube.

I am having the same issue as others, the name covers the notification toolbar.

I would post a screenshot, can you enable image posting on the site?

I would post a screenshot, can you enable image posting on the site?
No, We don't have ability to post images here. Please use a imgur.com or similar service link like the other posters in the thread. Thanks. 

The image is very much the same thing that Doug B posted in his screenshot.
Yeah, this is definitely not a "different people are seeing different things on different devices" kind of an issue. Also, I'm 99% sure it's completely independent of the user's device.

I believe the only thing that affects what users will see is whether or not they have (1) the banner font and (2) the FB/Twitter/YT icons cached when they view the forum pages. If those items are cached, the forum pages look fine. If not ... it'll look like all the screenshots rendered in this thread.

Same screen shot as the others.  FOOTBALLGU is a link over the top of the hamburger.

iPhone XR, Chrome, portrait orientation.

Rotating to landscape orientation fixes the problem.

Here you go: Banner

iPhone 11 Pro

Safari browser

I think a lot of folks are having a hard time getting to their account for PMs and such (myself included). The header is hyperlinked so I hit the main page all the time as a result of not being able to hit the three bars. Hth
Correct. 

Cannot access PMs or notifications in portrait mode on an iPhone in Safari. “Footballguys” poorly rendered header is overlaid on the options and is a link to the main page. 

Tick said:
Same screen shot as the others.  FOOTBALLGU is a link over the top of the hamburger.

iPhone XR, Chrome, portrait orientation.

Rotating to landscape orientation fixes the problem.
Having to rotate isn’t really a viable solution these days, where your mobile site is more important than desktop. Gotta be convenient and fast for mobile. 

i like the way footballguys always stays in front of everything it sort of tells you what is important and the other stuff well it will just have to wait a while take that to the bank bromigos

Interesting new look. Is it here to stay?

(Chiefly font changes, for those who aren't seeing it. And I think a darker shade of blue wherever blue was before. Cosmetic stuff.)

Actually ... @Joe Bryant, if we're soliciting comment from the gallery:

The banner at the top used to house the notifications, PMs, Search bar, user profile, and the Browse and Activity buttons. All of that now disappears when we scroll down. Not a dealbreaker, but a significant loss of function. For instance, when someone gets '@-ed', they have to scroll all the way to the top to click on the notification, regardless of where they are in a forum or thread.

Interesting new look. Is it here to stay?

(Chiefly font changes, for those who aren't seeing it. And I think a darker shade of blue wherever blue was before. Cosmetic stuff.)

Yes, it's part of synching up with the other upgrades on the rest of the site.

Still smoothing out the rough spots. Thanks to all for the help there and feedback. 

on my laptop I have to scroll half way down the screen to get to the forums.  It looks like it has the front page to the website above the forums (and they aren't icons it's all text).  I thought I lost the forums and kept trying to refresh and then I ended up scrolling down and found the forums under all that text.  

on my laptop I have to scroll half way down the screen to get to the forums.  It looks like it has the front page to the website above the forums (and they aren't icons it's all text).  I thought I lost the forums and kept trying to refresh and then I ended up scrolling down and found the forums under all that text.  

Can you please link to a screen shot of that @Gally?  Thanks.

I'll link to mine as well (LINK). Running a Dell Inspiron 14 5000, Windows 10 Pro, Google Chrome Version 91.0.4472.124 (64-bit).

I'm not sure I understand. That's what it's supposed to look like. 

Are you saying that looks like the forums are gone? 

When you scroll down the page, can you post what it looks like on your laptop?

Here's what it looks like after the most recent changes (PC, Win 10, Chrome).  It seems to have turned the dark theme off (and I can't find where to turn it back on).  The new Footballguys logo is now where it should be, but above it there is a little box that says "sta" and then the twitter update and other things on that bar go away as you scroll down, leaving the new logo as the static bar.

New Look

Users who are viewing this thread