Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

​⚽ OFFICIAL GOLD CUP THREAD: United States Beats Mexico. Again. ⚽

3 minutes ago, DJackson10 said:

This will go into ET and then PK's because I got work at 8AM tomorrow 

Well I take that back. Matthew HOPPE!!!!!!!! Some Hoppes!!!!!! 

The good thing elminating Jamaca is Union get their 3 guys back. Bad news is US is gonna probably get classed by Qatar 

3 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

So the US scrapes through and this collection of "talent" is gonna get thrashed by a thoroughly professional Qatari squad.

I have no idea why folks think we’ll get thrashed by Qatar.  They drew with Panama and it could have been a draw at 90 against ES.  Not saying we’ll win (if we hold on) but I don’t see us getting thrashed.

• Like 2

Just now, AAABatteries said:

I have no idea why folks think we’ll get thrashed by Qatar.  They drew with Panama and it could have been a draw at 90 against ES.  Not saying we’ll win (if we hold on) but I don’t see us getting thrashed.

Agreed, Qatar will be favored but we have some piece here to give them a run for their money.

1 minute ago, encaitar said:

About time.  Nice cross by Roldan there.  Great finish by Hoppe.

Not too sure about subbing Hoppe off... He's been our only real threat.

He was pretty gassed even with that burst of energy at the end there.

It was Zardoz movement in the box that gave space for Hoppe.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, AAABatteries said:

Yeah their defense is terrible. It’s going to be a fun one if we can hold on. 

We've given up one goal through almost four games. 

• Like 1

Yeah. What I've seen of them, some decent guys going forward, who can certainly harm the US, but nothing that makes me think they're auto-winners.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, encaitar said:

He's not THAT wrong though.  Lletget has been very poor today.  Williamson should've started instead of him.

Fixed 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, encaitar said:

He's not THAT wrong though.  Lletget has been very poor today.  He should've been subbed off for Williamson by now.

He's been meh, for sure. But defense has been ok. And ok with the ball at his feet. Crossing and set pieces have been drek.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moe. said:

Acosta solidified his spot as Adams backup imo, at least for the matches in 2021. Qualifying is going to be here before we know it. 

Agree here.  Really nice effort today.  7.5.  He should have a roster spot locked up for the ocho.

Edited by TripItUp

Oh for ##### sake Blake!!!!!!! 

hey USMNT can we stop injuring Blake in the Gold Cup? 

Signed a Union fan 

Just now, NewlyRetired said:

Ok so Acosta's top game is no longer a question of quality.  This was excellent.

Now can he be consistent at this high level.....

We'll see against Qatar

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Yeah. What I've seen of them, some decent guys going forward, who can certainly harm the US, but nothing that makes me think they're auto-winners.

A team I think Dike can cause some trouble against. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Moe. said:

I assume the playing surface will be equally as crappy for the semis, another NFL stadium that normally has field turf

Where is it Thursday? 

• ChiefD changed the title to ​⚽ OFFICIAL GOLD CUP THREAD: United States Beats Mexico. Again. ⚽