Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

​⚽ OFFICIAL GOLD CUP THREAD: United States Beats Mexico. Again. ⚽

Just now, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

C'mon now.  He's had a run where he's been good or better in 5/6 games.

He was recently pretty bad in a game...can't remember if it was GC or nation's.

Just now, El Floppo said:

He was recently pretty bad in a game...can't remember if it was GC or nation's.

Probably remembering when he stepped in at RB and made a mess of it. 

Just now, CletiusMaximus said:

In a must-win game right now I think we’d have to start Turner in goal.  Also, for me, Zardes at #9.  

On board with Zardes at 9.  Unless we go false 9 which should be in serious consideration with our winger depth.

3 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

No its in Austin FC's brand new stadium, it is gorgeous!

I saw that Mexico and Canada were playing at NRG in Houston so I assumed it’d be the same for us. That’s awesome, we ended up on the right side of the bracket 

1 minute ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

FWIW, Busio actually did do well on duels against a physical team. 10/15.  I didn’t like his passing tonight, but he did compete. 

Yeah, his positioning and overall involvement were waaay better tonight, but his passing was off. 

Edited by Moe.
  • Like 1

Just now, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

FWIW, Busio actually did do well on duels against a physical team. 10/15.  I didn’t like his passing tonight, but he did compete. 

Yeah, somewhat of a bounceback game...so young, would be great to see him continue to progress.

I'd go 6.0 for him.

Just now, Rustoleum said:

If Lletget’s taking the corners there is no use having Dike out there. 

Orange slices and smoke break for the team when he takes his set pieces.

nice win, on to Qatar. Robinson was man of the match for me, he was great all night. Turner was great also.

Sands, Hoppe, and Moore were good, Vines was solid. Acosta was great defensively and awful offensively. Lletget meh, Arriola bad, Busio talented but not quite ready for this level yet, and Dike's really not ready.

good night all, gonna be a rough morning at work for me.

Edited by Possum

4 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I think that’s a nice win.

Good games from Hoppe, Acosta, Robinson and Turner

Decent games from Vines, Sands, Moore and IMO Busio

Poor from Lleget, Dike

Agreed here. Nips was solid too.

Really liked how well the US dominated things as the game went on.  Busio wasn't great down the stretch, but he was decent, and the midfield controlled things.

Robinson (MOTM), Sands, Vines, Acosta, Turner, Hoppe have all helped themselves so much in this tournament.  Agree with Floppo we need to see some of Hoppe at the #9.

Dike and probably Busio have hurt their chances going forward IMO.

This reminded me a lot of past incarnations of the US team.

2 minutes ago, NewlyRetired said:

McKenzie, Zimm, Richards, Miazga, and Robinson are all in the mix.

I'm not sure about Miazga TBH.  I think I've seen more from Zimmerman and Robinson and maybe even McKenzie than I remember from Miazga.  He may have been usurped.  Especially with Sands in the mix now too.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Love 1

I give GGG a good grade tonight.  We can all quibble about the quality but he gets the top guys and the second tier guys to play for him hard.

He clearly has a bit of a blind spot for Lletget but other than him, he appears willing to give players their chance to claim a position.

• Like 1

Just now, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

I'm not sure about Miazga TBH.  I think I've seen more from Zimmerman and Robinson and maybe even McKenzie than I remember from Miazga.  He may have bee usurped.  Especially with Sands in the mix now too.

I think it's Richards, McKenzie, Zimmerman, and Robinson at this point pretty easily. Miazga just not an option for me anymore given the emergence of these guys. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CGRdrJoe said:

i was really hoping for extra time, i have a few more beers to drink and now i have to find something to drink them too. west coast problems

Tons of live options in Tokyo right now 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Moe. said:

Have hated on Berhalter for his in-game management but he was great tonight, good timing on the subs and made the right ones. I am really coming around on him. 

And he finally took Lletget off the corner kicks.

7 minutes ago, El Floppo said:

Thursday at 7 at least.

Just as I'm leaving work. So the match is probably at 7:30 with pregame at 7 then right? 

Just now, Moe. said:

Tons of live options in Tokyo right now 

Watched US Mens rugby win it at the gun to beat Kenya at HT. US Softball walked off Japan on a HR after being no hit through 5 Gold Medal Game Tues morning at 7. 

• Like 1

• ChiefD changed the title to ​⚽ OFFICIAL GOLD CUP THREAD: United States Beats Mexico. Again. ⚽