What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​⚽ OFFICIAL GOLD CUP THREAD: United States Beats Mexico. Again. ⚽ (1 Viewer)

Are the announcers just sitting in a random section in the stands or something??? I can't hear a word they say. Crowd drowns them out.

BeTheMatch said:
I will say, the flipping might be too much for me to bear. I mean, come on. It's really hard to stomach.
It gets to nightmare proportions in some Concacaf games, probably as bad as any where in the world.

Just wait until qualifying when the US is playing a team they should beat.  The opponent is going to do everything imaginable to slow and shorten the game.

BeTheMatch said:
I will say, the flipping might be too much for me to bear. I mean, come on. It's really hard to stomach.
This is not going to be anything like the Euros. And yes, it can be hard to watch at times. But, after time, you gain an understanding for what goes on, especially as you watch the US try to qualify in these stuff (i.e. CONCACAF). It's a completely different animal with that has challenges beyond regular old soccer. Once you accept that, just lower the expectations and enjoy.

Think of it like Cleveland vs Baltimore in December when it's 5 degrees and a foot of snow. 

This is not going to be anything like the Euros. And yes, it can be hard to watch at times. But, after time, you gain an understanding for what goes on, especially as you watch the US try to qualify in these stuff (i.e. CONCACAF). It's a completely different animal with that has challenges beyond regular old soccer. Once you accept that, just lower the expectations and enjoy.

Think of it like Cleveland vs Baltimore in December when it's 5 degrees and a foot of snow. 
I give this advice too, but it is objectively weird that the first rule to enjoying CONCACAF soccer is "wait for the Stockholm Syndrome to kick in."

Posted this in USMNT thread in case you all didn't see it:

Just an FYI - 

KC has heavy rains and thunderstorms in the forecast basically all day today. Percentages around game time is about 80% or so, with the chances tapering off as the night goes on.

I would not be surprised if we saw a delay this evening, so just be prepared for that.

Haiti and Canada have been entertaining so far.  Commentator said Canada is missing two of its "superstars"?  I didn't realize Canada had any of those.  Who?

Haiti and Canada have been entertaining so far.  Commentator said Canada is missing two of its "superstars"?  I didn't realize Canada had any of those.  Who?
Their one real super star is Alphonso Davies who is one of the top LB's in the world and plays for Bayern Munich.

Their other top player that is missing is the striker for French Champs Lille, Jonathan David.  He is not at Davies level but he is good player.

Last edited by a moderator:
US will be playing a 3-5-2 as we predicted in the US thread.

.......................Turner

............Zimm.......Sands........Robinson

Moore.........................................................Bello

...............................Busio

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Roldan....................Williamson

..........................Dike............Hoppe

there is a chance that Busio and Williamson may swap here as Busio has been training at the 8 as well in camp.

3-5-2?I guess?
definitely.  It really only makes sense as we kind of guessed.  With Nips out and Lewis looking so bad, we really have no forward wings.

I like this lineup.  But like @TLEF316 said we have no idea if this is just due to swapping because of a weak opponent, or GGG actually realized that Yueill and Lewis were not at this level competition.

This is the pretty much the lineup I was hoping to see against Martinique.  Lots of upside, but very little experience.  Hoping Roldan can bring some calmness to the field as I expect the rest of the front 7 to be pretty nervous/excited.

definitely.  It really only makes sense as we kind of guessed.  With Nips out and Lewis looking so bad, we really have no forward wings.

I like this lineup.  But like @TLEF316 said we have no idea if this is just due to swapping because of a weak opponent, or GGG actually realized that Yueill and Lewis were not at this level competition.
Hopefully they show enough to make it impossible for Berhalter to take them out.

Users who are viewing this thread