What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

​⚽ OFFICIAL GOLD CUP THREAD: United States Beats Mexico. Again. ⚽ (3 Viewers)

This is the pretty much the lineup I was hoping to see against Martinique.  Lots of upside, but very little experience.  Hoping Roldan can bring some calmness to the field as I expect the rest of the front 7 to be pretty nervous/excited.
Busio should also provide some level of composure as he seems like he plays fairly calm.  I expect Williamson and Hoppe to be going at full speed given the nice opportunity they have.

Moore showed well last game so we should expect the same and it will be interesting to see what Bello provides on the left.  Buchanan for Canada absolutely shredded Martinique on the left.

Obviously Roldan isn't ideal, but I dont blame him for doing it. Acosta is probably still the best midfield on the roster (although someone like Busio could obviously pass him in the pecking order quickly) so you need to save him for tougher games.

Ok, I'm in for tonight. Put the coffee pot on

US will be playing a 3-5-2 as we predicted in the US thread.

.......................Turner

............Zimm.......Sands........Robinson

Moore.........................................................Bello

...............................Busio

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Roldan....................Williamson

..........................Dike............Hoppe
Wow!

Absolutely thrilled. 

Here are the stakes for tonight:

1) Any win and the US advances to quarter final

2) US needs to win at least 5-0 or 6-1 to get the advantage over Canada in case they tie when they meet in the last game of the group stage.

Wow, I would have failed this trivia hard...

Busio will be the second youngest player ever to start a Gold Cup game for the US.

Youngest to ever start a Gold Cup game is not Pulisic, or Weston, or Donovan or DMB or even Adu.

It was Agudelo...

Hoppe to Dike…two players many of us have been screaming for.

Both should be seriously considered for the WC roster.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Williamson's start... he's turned upfield and made something happen instead of going sideways 2-3 times already.

And whatever Dike's limitations are, finishing is not one of them. That was a nice header.

Amazing leaping double scorpion on the goal there.  Couldn't do that again if he tried.  

AKA an "Omar Gonzalez".

Small crowd because they won’t allow that many people in, or because nobody wants to pay to see the B team?

I'm liking the Moore, Busio, Williamson, Bello midfield a lot so far.  Easy game to play midfield, but all four are skilled and aggressive.

Stu dead on with his analysis.  Some guys out there getting way too lackadaisical given the situation. 

Users who are viewing this thread