What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Black National Anthem is Here to Stay (1 Viewer)

BladeRunner said:
Well, ESSENTIALLY, we shouldn't be playing it at all.  

Fighting racism with more racism isn't the answer.
"We" aren't playing it.  The NFL is a business and they have a right to play whatever music they want at their events.  

Personally I don't see anything racist in the lyrics but if the song offends you then have a right to voice your objections, stop going to games, quit watching on TV and to write to their sponsors.

Last edited by a moderator:
"We" aren't playing it.  The NFL is a business and they have a right to play whatever music they want at their events.  

Personally I don't see anything racist in the lyrics but if the song offends you then have a right to voice your objections, stop going to games, quit watching on TV and to write to their sponsors.
I don't think it's the lyrics.   The argument I've seen is that it's because it's called the Black NA (when there isn't specifically a white one), and that further promotes the differences between people in the US.   Hence, Racism!! 

I don't think it's the lyrics.   The argument I've seen is that it's because it's called the Black NA (when there isn't specifically a white one), and that further promotes the differences between people in the US.   Hence, Racism!! 
I don't think the NFL is promoting it as the Black National Anthem nor do I think they have any racist intent.  In fact I think it is the opposite:  They are playing a song they feel recognizes the struggles of the past and the hopes for a better future.

I don't think it is necessary for the NFL to do this and believe it is a poor business decision.  It won't bother me when they do play it though...

I don't think the NFL is promoting it as the Black National Anthem nor do I think they have any racist intent.  In fact I think it is the opposite:  They are playing a song they feel recognizes the struggles of the past and the hopes for a better future.

I don't think it is necessary for the NFL to do this and believe it is a poor business decision.  It won't bother me when they do play it though...
100% agree.  My previous post wasn't my stance, just what I've seen floated about.  

Users who are viewing this thread