What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6 Defendants & Discussion (1 Viewer)

Dating app trips up another Capitol riot suspect …

One accused of hitting police with whip…

A Texas man was arrested after boasting to a match in a dating app about participating in the Jan. 6 riot “from the very beginning.”

Andrew Taake of Houston was charged with assaulting police and storming the Capitol building.

His arrest follows a months-long investigation spurred by a tip and a FedEx delivery driver who confirmed his identity to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

A federal agent said images show the Texas man “using what appears to be a metal whip and pepper spray to attack law enforcement officers.”

After gathering images, FBI agents showed them to a FedEx driver who had delivered a package “minutes before” at Taake’s address. The driver then identified Taake as the man in the photos.

The Biden Administration dropped the charges?  Okie dokie.  
I did not say all.  But it is well over 95 percent overall and even higher at the federal level.  On the flip side only one has had charges dropped surrounding January 6th, and all the effort is focused on January 6th.  Virtually no effort is being used to round up those responsible for billions of dollars in damages to businesses and beating up people.  Socal Antifia recently beat up a protestor concerning the Asia spa in LA, and of little concern.  There is only one word for the disparity in how justice is being served....disgusting.   

Pleaser pardon my ignorance.  Was congress In session in Dallas, Philly, Houston, LA, or San Fan? 

It's a simple yes/no question. 
Thousands of people having their business destroyed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Congress being inconvenienced for a few hours. 

Yeah, but my worldview is equal treatment for all.  The left's worldview is justice based solely on politics.  
Everyone justifies their own biases.  I was simply pointing out the irony of you blasting “wallowing in partisan” viewpoints while thats exactly what you do.  

Everyone justifies their own biases.  I was simply pointing out the irony of you blasting “wallowing in partisan” viewpoints while thats exactly what you do.  
I have not started multiple threads on the same topic.  

I don't see a "yes" or "no" in your answer.
I put zero relevance in what the left hangs their hat on.  I view private business as a bigger concern than government.  I find the distinction ignorant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put zero relevance in what the left hangs their hat on.  I view private business as a bigger concern than government.  
Still not answering the question...

Aaaanyhow, do you not see how those in government, or those who respect government, might see it differently?

I've wanted to answer him a few times, but I'm making a concerted effort just to stick to the thread topic and not engage.

Although I do think the 'Drink' responses are fine.

Lmao. You just said “the Biden Administration” dropped the charges.  All around the country!  The Biden Administration now taking over the role of district attorneys and prosecutors!

You can’t be taken seriously.  Sorry.  
What I said was accurate.  Most of the charges at the federal level have been dropped, many of them surrounding violence against federal agents protecting federal property in Portland.  You guys just want twist what was said and ignore facts which don't support your bs narrative.  It is very convenient just to talk about negative stuff about the other side and live in your ignorant bubble.  

Let's us all live in our bubbles and pretend only our stuff matters.  This is exactly why this country is headed towards a civil war.  Don't underestimate the divide in this country.  Ignoring and belittling the other side is the root of it.  

Let's us all live in our bubbles and pretend only our stuff matters.  This is exactly why this country is headed towards a civil war.  Don't underestimate the divide in this country.  Ignoring and belittling the other side is the root of it.  
I agree with this 100%.

We're headed the way of South Africa, IMO.

jon_mx said:
Lol...hijack.  how cute and pathetic.  The narrow-mindedness and hatred that exists on the left is unreal.  You guys rail against fox news for creating a one-sided vision of the world but insist on doing the same.  All you want to do is to replay the same tape of bad right-wing over and over and over again to brainwash the masses into this myopic belief system of hate and division while ignoring far worse behavior from the left.  All you care about is to create this world where you are so good and holy and the other side is pure evil.  Stay ignorant. 
This is a thread about the Jan 6 defendants. Please don't make @FBG Moderator shut down another one.

In what way are we heading the way of South Africa? 
The left is creating a society and justice system which have two sets of rules, one for conservatives/whites and one for liberals/minorities.  This whole January 6th stuff vs. BLM riots are just one of the more blatant example (others include college admissions and scholarships, all rhetoric woke nonsense, push for reparations).  Having a justice department which dismisses cases in mass against BLM protestors no matter how serious the charges are because of lack of resources and time vs. pursuing every case against Jan 6th protestors no matter how minor where there is no limit to the resources being thrown at them, is notoriously an unbalanced and unfair system of justice which violates the equal protection clause of our Constitution. 

Of course if I were pursuing such bigoted and ugly policies, it would upset me to be called out and I would run to the moderators for cover instead of defending them.   It is quite telling when factual and sourced posts are demanded to be removed.  

The left is creating a society and justice system which have two sets of rules, one for conservatives/whites and one for liberals/minorities.  This whole January 6th stuff vs. BLM riots are just one of the more blatant example (others include college admissions and scholarships, all rhetoric woke nonsense, push for reparations).  Having a justice department which dismisses cases in mass against BLM protestors no matter how serious the charges are because of lack of resources and time vs. pursuing every case against Jan 6th protestors no matter how minor where there is no limit to the resources being thrown at them, is notoriously an unbalanced and unfair system of justice which violates the equal protection clause of our Constitution. 

Of course if I were pursuing such bigoted and ugly policies, it would upset me to be called out and I would run to the moderators for cover instead of defending them.   It is quite telling when factual and sourced posts are demanded to be removed.  
Equal protection has already been tried as a defense once. It failed in that instance.  If what you claim is legit, it will be claimed again.  I hope this thread survives long enough to see that day.

Eta: the irony isn't lost on me that the entire reason for last summers riots is two sets of rules: one for whites and one for minorities.

Jon Schaffer of Indiana

Schaffer is admitted Oath Keeper who pleaded guilty *and* promised cooperation w/ feds…

A June deadline for status report has come & gone... no updates; no court date scheduled.

This guy is going to cooperate significantly.

“The governments ongoing plea negotiations with defendant are the first and most advanced negotiations involving any of the capitol riot defendants.”

Equal protection has already been tried as a defense once. It failed in that instance.  If what you claim is legit, it will be claimed again.  I hope this thread survives long enough to see that day.

Eta: the irony isn't lost on me that the entire reason for last summers riots is two sets of rules: one for whites and one for minorities.
Sure, but wasn't that just some defendant who was representing themselves.  Based on real world stats and statements made government officials I do believe that a successful claim can be made.

Sure, but wasn't that just some defendant who was representing themselves.  Based on real world stats and statements made government officials I do believe that a successful claim can be made.
I think this will be difficult because of all the evidence in the Jan 6th cases, vs sketchy evidence in the BLM looting and rioting cases.  As that other article pointed out regarding the first case, the prosecutors have these guys dead to rights with all the CCTV evidence, cell phone evidence, and social media evidence.  There is really no chance of a defense lawyer muddying the water in these cases.

In most of the BLM cases the looting took place in the dead of night and there is way less physical evidence.  A prosecutor will not take a case to court if there is more than a 50/50 chance of losing the case.  

If they can find a slam dunk BLM case that got dismissed and compare the 2, then there would be a chance of this defense working.

I am behind on some of these cases and charges - has it come to light what exactly they were planning with these?  

Wanted them with, but took them there knowing the legality around the Capital of having guns?  Going to get them later if others showed up? 
It depends how far down the rabbit hole you want to go. The Oath Keepers and other groups are pleading guilty to serious crimes and cooperating. That’s a strong indicator that he’s giving info on much bigger crimes that he won’t be charged with.

Some speculation I’ve seen is that it was part of bigger plan where they create the initial disturbance that will permit Trump to use the Insurrection Act and instill martial law to delay the certification indefinitely. The gun stash would be used after the declaration with them helping the military.

Another thing that’s come up with recovered communication is that they feared they would be confronted by Antifa and BLM counter protesters. In that scenario the gun stash would be brought in when needed.

Like I said, deep conspiracy stuff but we’re unlikely to get the full story until the bigger fish are charged. Many of the public statements and pleadings seem to indicate there was much more planning and coordination involved that’s not yet publicly known.

Court has scheduled August 27 hearing in US Capitol breach case of US Marine Chris Warnagiris.

Warnagiris is accused of forcing open Capitol door amid the mob.  

He's released and permitted to travel throughout Virginia pending trial.  But has stay away order from Washington, DC.

Court has scheduled August 27 hearing in US Capitol breach case of US Marine Chris Warnagiris.

Warnagiris is accused of forcing open Capitol door amid the mob.  

He's released and permitted to travel throughout Virginia pending trial.  But has stay away order from Washington, DC.
One of the comments in that Twitter thread says he was an active duty Marine?  If that’s true it will be interesting to see what will happen to him.

Court has scheduled 11am hearing for Jan 6 defendant Aaron Mostofsky .

Mostofsky is the son of a Brooklyn judge who is charged w/ theft of government property (and accused of carrying a police riot shield & vest at Capitol)

President Biden has nominated Matthew Graves to be the new federal prosecutor for Washington DC.  

Graves would take over the US Capitol Insurrection prosecutions, the largest criminal investigation in US History

Graves is former Asst. US Attorney in DC

Feds have charged Antony Vo of Indiana in the J6 case.

Court documents say Vo is seen inside Capitol with his mother & posted on social media:  

"President Trump asked me to be here so I am with my mom LOL"

Vo will be surrendering his passport and will remain released under restrictions.

Now in court: Matthew Purse

Feds allege Purse falsely claimed to be a member of media while amid the mob... including with his noteworthy helmet…

Prosecutors ask Purse to surrender his passport and subject himself to "location monitoring"

Defense just compared this case to petty offenses (such as trespassing on federal park lands) in seeking to spare Purse from having location monitoring.

Justice Dept prosecutor hit back hard... saying this was not a "petty offense.”

Judge orders "location monitoring"

The "petty offense" argument from defense attorney didn't seem to work.

Examples of Petty Offenses in the real world:

Speeding on federal road, marijuana use on federal grounds, traffic violations on military bases.

Willard Peart of Utah 

seeks court permission to travel to Cancun in September with his "wife and business associates.”

Peart is accused of wrapping himself in a red Trump flag & joining mob in chants near the US Senate chamber on Jan 6.

Users who are viewing this thread