What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official 1/6 Select Committee thread*** (1 Viewer)

I have said numerous times that I support full prosecution for those that committed crimes in BLM.   There no two standards and if you can find posts were I said otherwise I would love to see them.

Any BLM protestors that broke into a building or went into one after it was broken were committing a crime and should be charged accordingly.  I am not sure how much clearer I can state that.   

Now can you do the same for those that did the same on January 6 because so far I haven't seen you say that.
Bro, it's disgusting what BLM is allowed to get away with while real american patriots are persecuted for just strolling through the capital. 

This is the unfortunate mindset of a significant proportion of this country. 

Ruffrodys05 said:
No, it wasn't. Not even a little bit. Doesn't matter if they strolled in, walked around and left without stealing anything. The store was (I assume) closed.

It doesn't matter. It doesn't matter if folks walked in peacefully, strolled around and left without doing any damage. The Capitol was closed to the general public that day for a very specific reason. You're intelligent enough to know this though. (I'm confident typing that last sentence because of a post I read in the Shark Pool years ago where you were tooting your own horn about following/scouting football players since their high school years and how you were so much better at magic football than anyone else.)
I’m also intelligent enough to know that destroying peoples livelihoods and ruining their small business isn’t on the same planet as grandma taking a selfie in the Capitol building. Also, if you can find that made up post in the shark pool I never made I’ll PayPal you 100 bucks. 

I have said numerous times that I support full prosecution for those that committed crimes in BLM.   There no two standards and if you can find posts were I said otherwise I would love to see them.

Any BLM protestors that broke into a building or went into one after it was broken were committing a crime and should be charged accordingly.  I am not sure how much clearer I can state that.   

Now can you do the same for those that did the same on January 6 because so far I haven't seen you say that.
Everyone has said that...over and over and over again.  Anyone...left or right...Jan 6th or summer riots...everyone who committed crimes should be prosecuted. Is there anyone here arguing that the other rioters deserve different treatment?

I’m also intelligent enough to know that destroying peoples livelihoods and ruining their small business isn’t on the same planet as grandma taking a selfie in the Capitol building. Also, if you can find that made up post in the shark pool I never made I’ll PayPal you 100 bucks. 
Where does trying to prevent the peaceful transition of power in the country rank?  Ahead or behind the grandma selfies that you seem to think are all that happened on the 6th.

What do you think should happen to the people who planned the violence on J6?

There was no violence, there was no planning.  It was a normal day of tourists consisting mainly of grandma's wanting to take selfies in the US Capitol building.  They were special people and we love them very much.

How did the folks that walked into businesses (after others smashed windows to gain access,) strolled around and left without stealing anything ruin their livelihoods? They didn't. They still deserve to be charged & prosecuted. Grandmas taking a selfie inside of the Capitol (after others smashed windows to gain access,) didn't hurt anyone. They still deserve to be charged & prosecuted. Same crime, same country, same planet.

Nah, I'm not hunting down a post from 10-13 years ago. It's ok if you can't remember. I won't bring it up again.

A-

Well dozer, I condemn any violence against my fellow American citizens, and especially, violence directed against Law Enforcement Officers, and I think anyone who planned, or commits this type of violence should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law regardless of their political affiliations.

B-

Well dozer, I believe the violence on J6 was justified. The people who planned or committed the violence are patriots. I hope more patriots participate next time and the Communist Democrats are stopped by any means necessary, including a violent uprising by American citizens.

Last edited by a moderator:
See what I mean.  It’s tough to conduct a conversation with somebody who won’t answer direct questions.  They don’t argue in good faith but they expect good faith in return.  

Although my question was not very complicated, some conversations are just too tough to have.

See what I mean.  It’s tough to conduct a conversation with somebody who won’t answer direct questions.  They don’t argue in good faith but they expect good faith in return.  

Use the ignore option. If they care to debate and don't respond to your questions and debate in good faith that's what needs to be done. My ignore list keeps getting longer all the time. 

Use the ignore option. If they care to debate and don't respond to your questions and debate in good faith that's what needs to be done. My ignore list keeps getting longer all the time. 
a well curated ignore list makes this forum significantly better.   the only problem is the same people biting on the same bait over and over.

How did the folks that walked into businesses (after others smashed windows to gain access,) strolled around and left without stealing anything ruin their livelihoods? They didn't. They still deserve to be charged & prosecuted. Grandmas taking a selfie inside of the Capitol (after others smashed windows to gain access,) didn't hurt anyone. They still deserve to be charged & prosecuted. Same crime, same country, same planet.

Nah, I'm not hunting down a post from 10-13 years ago. It's ok if you can't remember. I won't bring it up again.

Those who committed minor crimes on J6 are 1000 times more likely to have been prosecuted.   That is a double standard.  

Those who committed minor crimes on J6 are 1000 times more likely to have been prosecuted.   That is a double standard.  
If they didn't take selfies and brag on social media about their crimes maybe they would never have been prosecuted

Have any examples of BLMers on film/camera that have been identified committing crimes, but have not been prosecuted?
The evidence against the J6 defendants is mind boggling.

This site here is just the online sleuths using those sedition hunter’s hashtags.

Thousands of videos in broad daylight.

The evidence against the J6 defendants is mind boggling.

This site here is just the online sleuths using those sedition hunter’s hashtags.

Thousands of videos in broad daylight.
If you didn't update this and other threads with the people getting arrested and charged I would likely know next to nothing about what is being done.  When I've looked into the number of people arrested and charged in relation to the BLM riots I've noted that there are a lot, but we don't get updates on them in here. so I don't give it much extra thought

If you didn't update this and other threads with the people getting arrested and charged I would likely know next to nothing about what is being done.  When I've looked into the number of people arrested and charged in relation to the BLM riots I've noted that there are a lot, but we don't get updates on them in here. so I don't give it much extra thought
Weird how threads about the J6 defendants and J6 committee aren't about other things.   

The only thing with that is it becomes more and more of an echo chamber.  

Yeah, J6 is kind of personal to me so I keep up on it.

You’d think as personally as some take Antifa and BLM, that someone would be as motivated as I am to keep those threads updated.

I’m the same way though. I’m so far detached from Portland, or Antifa, BLM, etc. I have no idea if its still even going on. I see an Andy Ngo video once in a while, but that’s it.

Or you know...run around maskless in a building with a ton of cameras.
This has already been discussed numerous times. J6 was in broad daylight where there were cameras and phones taking videos with thousands of hours of video from many angles. Most of the looting and arson done during the BLM riots was done with masks or behind the protesters. Obviously  they didn’t want people to see them. The fact that some can’t comprehend this is one of the reasons we keep going round and round on even the simplest discussions.

Last edited by a moderator:
This has already been discussed numerous times. J6 was in broad daylight where there were cameras and phones taking videos with thousands of hours of video from many angles. Most of the looting and arson done during the BLM riots was done with masks or behind the protesters. Obviously  they didn’t want people to see them. The fact that some can’t comprehend this is one of the reasons we keep going round and round on even the simplest discussions.
Folks like Jon know this.  They just don't care.  They're so embedded in their hatred of "liberals" and so vested in Trump that they just can't see past it. 

Yep. The BLM/Antifa looters and arsonist knew they were committing crimes. The J6 defendants thought they were carrying the Trump standard in some patriotic remake of Braveheart II, MAGA Boogaloo.

It's quite odd to me that we don't have a thread here dedicated to bringing the BLM/ANTIFA vandals/arsonists/rioters to justice.  It's almost as if the "But BLM/ANTIFA" folks don't actually care about justice so much as they do white-washing and downplaying J6.  Almost.

Really makes a fella think.

Have any examples of BLMers on film/camera that have been identified committing crimes, but have not been prosecuted?

95% of those BLM arrested for crimes are not even charged vs. 0% of those involved in J6. There is very little effort to track down violent BLM protesters unless the act was so aggrievous it can not be ignored, vs the largest investigation in our nation's history to track down anyone who may have even just trespassed.  

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/28/politics/committee-subpoenas-14-republicans/index.html

The 1/6 Committee subpoenaed the Republican party chairs and secretaries of the seven states that submitted forged alternate electors documents.  

Appears the Committee has known about the plot for months, but wasn’t until the litigation with the National Archives was settled that the Committee officially received the documents and could take action like this.

I wonder why Republicans in Congress refused to support the formation of this committee? I wonder why they wanted to have certain members of their party on the committee when they realized they couldn't stop it? 

I wonder why Republicans in Congress refused to support the formation of this committee? I wonder why they wanted to have certain members of their party on the committee when they realized they couldn't stop it? 
Shortly after 1/6, there was bipartisan support to form a nonpartisan commission to investigate, drawing comparisons to the 9/11 commission.  The proposed group was structured accepting McCarthy’s three main demands, including having all their work done and published by the end of 2021.  After Trump voiced opposition, McCarthy and McConnell fell in line and the bill forming the commission died in the Senate.  
Had that commission been formed as designed, it already would have been done.  Coincidentally, done before the courts ruled on Trump’s claim of executive privilege over documents that didn’t get handed over to the current 1/6 Committee until mid-January.  
Now, the 1/6 Committee has some pretty solid evidence connecting those forged false elector documents with the Trump campaign senior staff, and how the campaign planned to use them to overturn election results.  Those materials wouldn’t have been turned over to the proposed 1/6 commission in time for its report, might have even been determined to be outside the scope of the commission’s work.  

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/28/politics/judd-deere-january-6-subpoena-judd-deere/index.html

“The committee is seeking both documents and a deposition next month from former deputy White House press secretary Judd Deere, who helped with "formulating White House's response to the January 6 attack as it occurred," according to the panel's letter. 

In its letter to Deere, the committee specifically said it wanted to speak with him about the January 5 staff meeting in the Oval Office with the President. 

January 6 committee subpoenas individuals tied to fake elector push

The committee said it had obtained information that Trump repeatedly asked in the meeting: "What are your ideas for getting the RINOs to do the right thing tomorrow? How do we convince Congress?"

Maybe because they are more interested in improving the lives of Americans and less interested in another liberal witchhunt.

But fine with me, this will only sway more independents to put the Democrats out of power via midterms and in '24.

jon_mx said:
95% of those BLM arrested for crimes are not even charged vs. 0% of those involved in J6. There is very little effort to track down violent BLM protesters unless the act was so aggrievous it can not be ignored, vs the largest investigation in our nation's history to track down anyone who may have even just trespassed.  
This is an interesting argument not precisely stated. The real statistic is most of those charged in BLM protests had their charges dropped. That means someone reviewed the evidence and determined there was not enough to prosecute. Given police are equipped with body cameras, you'd think there would be ample evidence to back the narrative that most of those arrested were criminals. But the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

This is an interesting argument not precisely stated. The real statistic is most of those charged in BLM protests had their charges dropped. That means someone reviewed the evidence and determined there was not enough to prosecute. Given police are equipped with body cameras, you'd think there would be ample evidence to back the narrative that most of those arrested were criminals. But the truth is somewhere in the middle. 
0% of cases dropped in J6 charges is factually not precise either. But let's just set that tidbit aside. Did you not read the conclusions as to why there were a large number of BLM cases dropped? It was because liberal DA's in liberal cities just didn't want to prosecute their own......duh. (You'd have to stroll over to the "Antifa on the rise" thread for that doozy. Take a gander.)

Or more accurately, they had zero interest in prosecuting their voting base.  Kind of like illegal aliens, they hate those who arrest them, ICE and create their little sanctuary cities.  

Maybe because they are more interested in improving the lives of Americans and less interested in another liberal witchhunt.

But fine with me, this will only sway more independents to put the Democrats out of power via midterms and in '24.
Maybe....can you provide any tangible evidence via legislative proposals that would support this hypothesis?  On topics like this its pretty important to focus on their actions and not be distracted by their words.  

0% of cases dropped in J6 charges is factually not precise either. But let's just set that tidbit aside. Did you not read the conclusions as to why there were a large number of BLM cases dropped? It was because liberal DA's in liberal cities just didn't want to prosecute their own......duh. (You'd have to stroll over to the "Antifa on the rise" thread for that doozy. Take a gander.)
It's kind of tough to take something like that seriously knowing that 90% of the people in our prison system currently are Dem "voting base" as they define "Dem voting base".  Another example of when bad talking points collide.  I've spent many many many years interacting with a lot of people who they'd label "Dem voting base" and to a person, almost every single one has told me that the reason they vote for Dems is because they believe the Dems will screw them the least.  It is a group that is fully bought into "lesser of two evils" voting...crystal clear.

Users who are viewing this thread