What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6 Three Kings Day (1 Viewer)

tonydead

Footballguy
With all the misinformation and obsession surrounding January 6th mostly the peaceful riots we should all remember and celebrate the real January 6th, Three Kings Day.

Is it just coincidence that Trump gave one of his better speeches on Kings Day, and the democrats completely lost their minds?  I don't think so, but, I digress. Many people commemorate the day that it's believed the three wise men visited Jesus after his birth.  Some call it the Epiphany.  Feast Day commemorates principally the visit of the Magi to the Christ Child, and thus Jesus' physical manifestation to the Gentiles. It ends the 12 days of Christmas and starts the Pagan celebration of Mardi Gras celebrating spring and fertility.

So let's pray the Democrats have an Epiphany of their own and put down the partisan hate and celebrate the true meaning of January 6th. Lets sing, chalk the doors, bathe in the river Jordan and eat cake.  I say what is wrong with sex and eating meat during Lent?  Let bygones be bygones and start working towards a better future in America.

“Epiphany, also known as Theophany in the east, is a Christian feast day that celebrates the revelation of God incarnate as Jesus Christ. In Western Christianity, the feast commemorates principally the visit of the Magi to the Christ Child, and thus Jesus' physical manifestation to the Gentiles. 
The traditional date for the feast is January 6.  “

It's an okay movie, but it's a little overrated and definitely doesn't need it's own designated "day" IMO.  
Even if you’re not religious, the start of the celebration of spring and FERTILITY is something everyone should be looking forward to. Winters are so drab, much like Pelosi’s personality. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If only the OP could follow his own advice ….
Thanks, but you have to use my whole unedited post to understand the context.  Comparing the joys of January 6 to winter, otherwise known as Pelosi's personality, follows exactly in line with January 6 being extremely positive.  Stark contrasts.  Try to follow along.

Thanks, but you have to use my whole unedited post to understand the context.  Comparing the joys of January 6 to winter, otherwise known as Pelosi's personality, follows exactly in line with January 6 being extremely positive.  Stark contrasts.  Try to follow along.
Oh I follow along just fine. No matter how you couch it taking shots at people (Pelosi in this case) is anything but positive.  If you want only positivity in your thread be the example.  But hey you do you Tony.  

Oh I follow along just fine. No matter how you couch it taking shots at people (Pelosi in this case) is anything but positive.  If you want only positivity in your thread be the example.  But hey you do you Tony.  
But you're not following along, that's the best I can describe it. 

Here let me show you:  Please link to where anyone said "only positivity in this thread"?

And after you provide your link I will explain why "January 6 Positivity Thread" does not mean every single comment about every thing else under the sun (other than January 6) is required to be positive.  In fact, it might be helpful to show how positive January 6 is when you compare it to winter, otherwise known as Nancy's personality.

Neither. If it gets locked it will because of poor sports mashing the report button. You might say triggered even.  
Well, clearly my post in here got reported, as it's now gone. Something about Trump and Jesus, which is right in line with the OP. I mean, I thought it was in the spirit of the thread...

This.  And trying to paint it any other way is just wrong.
There are several other threads for the INSURRECTION conspiracy theory. This is the January 6 Positivity Thread for talk about the holiday, celebration and moving on together. Rid your partisan views and eat cake with us!   

Well, clearly my post in here got reported, as it's now gone. Something about Trump and Jesus, which is right in line with the OP. I mean, I thought it was in the spirit of the thread...
Horrible. I didn’t even see it. Clearly there are some poor sports among us. Hopefully you don’t get CANCELLED. Tread lightly my friend. 

Your minority opinions that what happened on January 6th was not an insurrection has been noted numerous times here in the political forum 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/558918-poll-majority-say-jan-6-was-an-insurrection-but-are-divided-on-independent
Psst.. We're not going to pollute this thread with facts or links. Take those to the legit discussion threads. Hereabouts it's shtick and jokes only, and I fully support what @tonydead is doing. Or at least my interpretation of what he's doing. I won't claim to understand what he's thinking most of the time...

I get a four day suspension for saying that it is adorable that Trump supporters think he actually cares about them and this dumpster fire of a trolling thread is fine? 

And you guys complain that the moderation is bias towards non-Trump supporters?

I get a four day suspension for saying that it is adorable that Trump supporters think he actually cares about them and this dumpster fire of a trolling thread is fine? 

Sigh.  This isn't the moderation thread either.

4 whole days?  You guys get partial weeks?    :lmao:    

Maybe I ought to check, I'm not sure I'd even notice a day or two.

IMO, the mods have lightened up since inauguration day. Apparently its ok to call Biden supporters as a "cult": now too.

Amused to Death said:
IMO, the mods have lightened up since inauguration day. Apparently its ok to call Biden supporters as a "cult": now too.
Go ahead and start your own thread about all the things you've reported that the mods didn't think was worth their time if you want.  :thumbup:

tonydead said:
Sigh.  This isn't the moderation thread either.

4 whole days?  You guys get partial weeks?    :lmao:    

Maybe I ought to check, I'm not sure I'd even notice a day or two.
Lol.  What ever you say, bru.  

As a Christian that celebrates Theophany on January 6th, I hope that we as a community do not continue to tie a sacred religious holiday to the events at the Capitol just because they share a date. As a Libertarian, I respect your right to conflate the two and even make jokes about them, but would appreciate your restraint in this case. Thanks.

As a Christian that celebrates Theophany on January 6th, I hope that we as a community do not continue to tie a sacred religious holiday to the events at the Capitol just because they share a date. As a Libertarian, I respect your right to conflate the two and even make jokes about them, but would appreciate your restraint in this case. Thanks.
Exactly, lefties need to move on and return to celebrating January 6.  We should sing and feast.  We should remember the epiphany, the return of spring and the fourth king's great message.   

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife insists the Christmas tree cannot be taken down until three kings day. I'd like to take it down much sooner. Perhaps if I accuse her of celebrating "stop the steal day" we can move the tree removal up a bit. Thanks, Trump!

The Twelve Days of Christmas are the 25th of December to January 5th.  So we always took the tree down the day after,  January 6th.

The Twelve Days of Christmas are the 25th of December to January 5th.  So we always took the tree down the day after,  January 6th.
Any idea how widespread that tradition is? I grew up in a Christian household but never heard of this until my wife. I assumed it was a Brazilian or Catholic thing, but maybe not.

I watched some of the capitol police officers testifying last night. I imagine "peaceful riots" is a phrase they wouldn't quite agree with (even setting aside the fact the phrase is a natural oxymoron). 

Exactly, lefties need to move on and return to celebrating January 6.  We should sing and feast.  We should remember the epiphany, the return of spring and the fourth king's great message.   
What are you trying to do here? 

Users who are viewing this thread