What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sad News: Greg Knapp, Jets Assistant Coach, Has Died At The Age Of 58. RIP. (1 Viewer)

God this is so sad. He was a Bay Area icon, and truly beloved by everyone who ever met him. Players, coaches, I've never heard a negative word about the man. 

#RIP 

💔

Sorry for your loss 
Sorry to hear that jtd13. My condolences to you.
Thank you. It was a few years ago.

I don't mean to deflect attention to me by bringing it up. I know death is difficult to deal with anytime. I just mention it because I know it hits differently when it's sudden like this. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The statement from the Knapp family is all class.

Knapp was hit while riding a bicycle.

RIP

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31864343/new-york-jets-assistant-coach-greg-knapp-dies-injuries-suffered-bike-accident
Sad story. 

I learned a long time ago that 40lb bicylcles and 2 ton vehicles going 40-50 mph don`t not mix well. With distracted driving at an all time high you take your life in your hands riding a bike on a roadway.   RIP

I worry less about drunk driver than I do people texting and driving now.

Thank you. It was a few years ago.

I hope it didn't come off as looking for attention to bring it up. I know death is difficult to deal with anytime. I just mention it because I know it hits differently when it's sudden like this. 
I'm sure you weren't looking for attention, just looking to say that you could empathize or sympathize to a degree. No sweat in you saying you've suffered loss. And we all grieve differently, so bringing it up, even if it were for attention, is no big deal in my book.

So sad.

I’m not sure if it’s because so many people didn’t drive much for a year or what, but I’ve seen people do more stupid things behind the wheel the last couple of months than I’ve ever seen. I had already made the decision to not ride my bike anywhere but in my neighborhood or in trails, but stuff like this just reinforces it.

So sad.

I’m not sure if it’s because so many people didn’t drive much for a year or what, but I’ve seen people do more stupid things behind the wheel the last couple of months than I’ve ever seen. I had already made the decision to not ride my bike anywhere but in my neighborhood or in trails, but stuff like this just reinforces it.
I was pretty scared to cycle on the road years ago after a bad fall - there’s no chance I’ll ever get out on the roads on my bike ever again.  Well, I guess if driverless vehicles become required then I’d reconsider but I’ll probably be too old to bike by the time that becomes ubiquitous.

Users who are viewing this thread