What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official new name of Cleveland Indians (1 Viewer)

cleveland bromigos would be pretty awesome but man that is my word and i am from brewtown so the milwaukee brohan brewers has a better ring to it if you ask me take that to the bank 

I kinda like the name.   Never really thought "Indians" was offensive.   No different than "Cowboys" really.  

Chief Wahoo?  Yeah that one could go away.......But in any case, we move on.  New name is fine.  

I kinda like the name.   Never really thought "Indians" was offensive.   No different than "Cowboys" really.  
Statements like this tend to illustrate why the name change was long overdue.

Society never should have reached a point where people conflated "chosen occupation" with "ethnic group". But that's what tends to happen when you appropriate a culture for entertainment and sport(s names).

Statements like this tend to illustrate why the name change was long overdue.

Society never should have reached a point where people conflated "chosen occupation" with "ethnic group". But that's what tends to happen when you appropriate a culture for entertainment and sport(s names).
Well the name Cleveland "Native Americans" doesn't flow very well.

Rumor is that Pittsburgh tried to trade Cleveland the rights to the name "Pirates", but Cleveland wouldn't trade their AA team's nickname, so we won't get the Pittsburgh Rubber Ducks.

PETA has asked the Indians/Guardians to include a vegan option in their hot dog mascot race.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/peta-calls-on-cleveland-indians-to-add-vegan-hot-dog-mascot-to-hot-dog-derby-tradition/37263579?utm_campaign=cleve_sf&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social#

In PETA's letter to the general manager, they applauded the Cleveland Indians' decision to change its name to the Cleveland Guardians, saying that decision was a "home run." PETA then asked the Cleveland Indians to " continue the spirit of inclusivity" by adding the vegan hot dog.

PETA is offering to pay for the meat-free costume for the Cleveland Indians and is also offering to treat all the players to veggie dogs.

“Pigs, cows, and turkeys used for hot dogs value their lives and don’t deserve to become a stadium snack, so let’s go to bat for them,” said PETA President Ingrid Newkirk. “PETA hopes the team will introduce a delightful vegan wiener in a win for animals, the environment, and the health of its fans.”

Users who are viewing this thread