What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Edge vs Chrome (1 Viewer)

snellman

Footballguy
Looking for your experience if you use edge, chrome or something else.  We are very much a Google family (android phones, android TV, Google smart devices) but lately I have noticed that chrome seems very slow and even unstable on some sites.  I have read that edge is nothing like explorer (which I hated to use and only used when forced to with work) and more similar to chrome and in some cases more stable and less of a resource hog.  What is your experience?

Looking for your experience if you use edge, chrome or something else.  We are very much a Google family (android phones, android TV, Google smart devices) but lately I have noticed that chrome seems very slow and even unstable on some sites.  I have read that edge is nothing like explorer (which I hated to use and only used when forced to with work) and more similar to chrome and in some cases more stable and less of a resource hog.  What is your experience?
Edge is actually built on Chromium, the same core as Chrome.

Only advantage I see is at work where we use all Microsoft apps. They tie into Edge nicely. 

Still using Chrome at home since they’re so similar and I’m already all setup with Chrome. 

I think it depends how you prioritize speed, convenience, security, privacy, features, etc. Also depends on the OS's you need supported.

For me...

#1 Brave - Hits a nice balance of speed, security, and has unique in the Basic Attention Tokens system. https://www.theverge.com/2019/3/4/18249623/brave-browser-choice-chrome-vivaldi-replacement-chromium

#2 Firefox - It's open source, packed with features, more secure than most, and I its presence makes the internet a better place imo. We have all seen what a browser can turn into with little/no competition(see: internet explorer). This is the browser I actually use the most but it's not the first I go to and I'm just hoping more people will give Brave a chance. https://itsfoss.com/why-firefox/

#3 Chrome - While I'm trying to ween myself off of the ecosystems for google/apple/microsoft, sometimes it's just fast and easy to use a few of the google services I'm still on with Chrome. I'm sure Google will screw this up eventually(like they did with music, and photos, and voice, and hangouts, etc) so hopefully I'll be completely past Chrome when the day eventually comes.

If someone were a researcher or the type of person to have a dozen or more tabs open at a time I would also suggest they give Vivaldi a try.

If someone was most concerned about security and privacy I'd probably suggest they give TOR and/or Epic a chance, but be prepared to twiddle with a lot of settings and remember at the end of the day the only thing that can truly keep you secure is the monkey punching the keyboard.

I have not found any reason to switch from Chrome to Edge.  I try it out once in a while and quickly go back to Chrome
For me Chrome has gotten "sticky" on certain occasions, but to be fair I also use chrome with several extensions so that may contribute to the problem. It also seems to me that Chrome only puts forth the most modest attempts for websites to launch pop-up ads and video garbage when loading a web page both of which I don't appreciate.

Not sure if Edge has these same problems but Chrome feels like its getting worse to me over time, which unfortunately is to be expected.

Users who are viewing this thread