What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Anarchy League 1 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
2021 Anarchy League 1 Site
Draft scheduled to start 8/2 at 8:00 AM Eastern. Timer off for now.
Randomly generated draft order:

1.01 - Dickey Moe
1.02 - Aaron Rudnicki
1.03 - BroadwayG
1.04 - BassNBrew
1.05 - ZWK
1.06 - David Yudkin
1.07 - Genester
1.08 - Maggot Brain
1.09 - BroncoFreak 2K3
1.10 - freeannyong
1.11 - rzrback77
1.12 - Stinkin' Ref
1.13 - Go DC Yourself
1.14 - eNdblu
1.15 - renesauz
1.16 - bro1ncos

@dickey moe Draft has started.

@Aaron Rudnicki on deck.

Reminder you can set up MFL to text you when you are up.
This is why my desire to keep running these leagues has been . . . waning. I emailed and IM'd people way before you did. Everyone knew when the draft was starting and all the leagues have struggled to get started. League 1 still has no picks completed yet.

This is why my desire to keep running these leagues has been . . . waning. I emailed and IM'd people way before you did. Everyone knew when the draft was starting and all the leagues have struggled to get started. League 1 still has no picks completed yet.

Hang in there GB.  I really appreciate all the work you do and these and the FBG Survivors are pretty much all I have left.  I struggle with the same issues with the Survivor leagues, but it usually flows well after the first round.  These leagues are really fun so just know that several of us really enjoy the fruits of your labor.

David I set up Auto draft for my 1st pick... I don't know why it didn't go through. I can't seem to login from my phone so please make the 1.01 pick be Travis Kelce to get the draft going... Sorry. 

Team rzrback77 through eight rounds

QB - might be an upcoming pick soon

RB - Derrick Henry 1.11 and James Conner 8.6 - love both of these players for their toughness and abilities. I understand some are down on Henry due to the number of carries, but I see him as having better efficiency this year when Julio Jones is on the field. Expecting Conner to be 1B at the least to Edmonds who has never had a lot of carries.

WR - Woods 3.11, Kupp 4.06, R. Anderson 5.11 & Gallup - love the pairing of Woods and Kupp who get improved QB play and already lost a potential bell-cow RB in Akers. Anderson is a skilled WR who can run routes and also get open deep. Gallup is probably the best WR3 on an NFL team, but obviously I need for Prescott to be healthy. Good chance of playoffs with the Rams and some chance with the Cowboys.

TE - Andrews 2.06 and Hunter Henry 7.11. I like this pairing especially in a 2 ppr scoring league with 16-teams. Andrews should remain the top red zone target and one of the targeted guys in Baltimore and a decent shot at playoffs. Big fan of Henry who I think will flourish for Belichek, just need some improved passing in New England.

TMQB: Dallas (3.06 - QB8)
RB: David Montgomery (4.11 - RB16), Myles Gaskin (6.11 - RB24)
WR: A.J. Brown (2.11, WR8), Marquise Brown (8.11, WR47), DeVante Parker (9.06, WR50)
TE: George Kittle (1.06, TE3), Jonnu Smith (5.06, TE13), Gronk (7.06, TE16)

I usually go for TEs early in these leagues. Over the years, I think I've learned that there are tiers in each position and strategically you need to try to draft guys that are in a higher bandwidth and then at other points just take anyone in a scoring tier out of a lot of guys that are all pretty similar.

I expect Jonnu will see a lot more targets than he did in TEN (in addition to some running plays). I would guess he will see at least 50% more targets this season (he had 65 and still ranked TE18). I also think NE will be back in the playoffs, which should get Smith into the Top 8-10 TEs.

On the surface it looks like I took a bunch of players with playoff potential (who knows if that will pan out). These leagues are weird, The years I think I have a good squad, I end up finishing 1,000 points behind in last place. And years I think my team isn't very good, I do way better. Go figure.

TMQB: Cardinals (2.12), Saints (6.12)
RB: Antonio Gibson (3.05), D'Andre Swift (4.12), Damien Harris (7.05), Zack Moss (9.05)
WR: Brandon Aiyuk (5.05), Jaylen Waddle (8.12)
TE: Darren Waller (1.05)

I usually go much more WR & TE heavy early, but this year I liked the values at QB & RB. We'll see how that looks over the rest of the draft.

I easily could've been more WR/TE heavy, if AJ Brown (pick 2.11) or TJ Hockenson (pick 3.04) had fallen 1 more pick. But they didn't, so I went QB-RB there instead of WR-TE. Also narrowly missed out on Mixon (3.03), Fant (5.04), Fuller (8.10), and Butker (9.03).

The top TEs are ridiculously valuable with 2 PPR. This year might be the biggest advantage that 1.01 has ever had in this format, with Kelce. (I see that a couple leagues let him fall to 1.02, which is a big gift/mistake IMO). Waller was the 2nd player on my draft board.

Gotta love those QBs who run the ball. I got two of them in Murray & Hill. Hill should get his share of rushing+receiving yards even if he isn't the starter.

Toughest within-position choices were Damien Harris vs. Etienne at 7.05 (which I'm now wishing I went the other way on) and Waddle vs. some other receivers at 8.12. That 8th rounder was the hardest pick for me - there were literally 10 guys there who I was strongly considering.

TMQB: Cardinals (2.12), Saints (6.12)
RB: Antonio Gibson (3.05), D'Andre Swift (4.12), Damien Harris (7.05), Zack Moss (9.05)
WR: Brandon Aiyuk (5.05), Jaylen Waddle (8.12)
TE: Darren Waller (1.05)

I usually go much more WR & TE heavy early, but this year I liked the values at QB & RB. We'll see how that looks over the rest of the draft.

I easily could've been more WR/TE heavy, if AJ Brown (pick 2.11) or TJ Hockenson (pick 3.04) had fallen 1 more pick. But they didn't, so I went QB-RB there instead of WR-TE. Also narrowly missed out on Mixon (3.03), Fant (5.04), Fuller (8.10), and Butker (9.03).

The top TEs are ridiculously valuable with 2 PPR. This year might be the biggest advantage that 1.01 has ever had in this format, with Kelce. (I see that a couple leagues let him fall to 1.02, which is a big gift/mistake IMO). Waller was the 2nd player on my draft board.

Gotta love those QBs who run the ball. I got two of them in Murray & Hill. Hill should get his share of rushing+receiving yards even if he isn't the starter.

Toughest within-position choices were Damien Harris vs. Etienne at 7.05 (which I'm now wishing I went the other way on) and Waddle vs. some other receivers at 8.12. That 8th rounder was the hardest pick for me - there were literally 10 guys there who I was strongly considering.
I am not yet convinced that running QBs will stay healthy consistently . . . or that they will have long, successful careers. It's like anything else. At some point defenses will adjust and offenses will have to come up with something else. Teams may not be quite so eager to have their QBs take off if they start getting torn ACLs or broken ankles.

It will be interesting to see how the Saints do without Brees. Last year I believe they were TMQB6 with Brees and TMQB12 the weeks he was out. Factoring in the Thomas injury mess, and you getting them at TMQB14 might not end up being that much of a value.

You probably already know my view on Harris (good player but getting overhyped given the situation). Depending upon who else you pick up at WR and TE will determine if waiting on them was a wise choice or not.

rzrback77 said:
Team rzrback77 through eight rounds

QB - might be an upcoming pick soon

RB - Derrick Henry 1.11 and James Conner 8.6 - love both of these players for their toughness and abilities. I understand some are down on Henry due to the number of carries, but I see him as having better efficiency this year when Julio Jones is on the field. Expecting Conner to be 1B at the least to Edmonds who has never had a lot of carries.

WR - Woods 3.11, Kupp 4.06, R. Anderson 5.11 & Gallup - love the pairing of Woods and Kupp who get improved QB play and already lost a potential bell-cow RB in Akers. Anderson is a skilled WR who can run routes and also get open deep. Gallup is probably the best WR3 on an NFL team, but obviously I need for Prescott to be healthy. Good chance of playoffs with the Rams and some chance with the Cowboys.

TE - Andrews 2.06 and Hunter Henry 7.11. I like this pairing especially in a 2 ppr scoring league with 16-teams. Andrews should remain the top red zone target and one of the targeted guys in Baltimore and a decent shot at playoffs. Big fan of Henry who I think will flourish for Belichek, just need some improved passing in New England.
QB - Las Vegas Raiders QB21 9.11 - finished at 18 in 2018, 16 in 2019 and 13 in 2020.  The young WRs have a bit more experience and they add John Brown to replace Agholor, they have one of the top TEs in Waller and added Kenyan Drake, who improves their RB receiving talent some. I like Carr as a late pick this year.

DST - LA Rams DST1 10.6 - Considered Elijah Moore who I liked a lot last year at Ole Miss and who has been outstanding in pre-season, Kenyan Drake to pair with Carr, but went with the Rams who in my opinion have a chance to be the top defense and are a solid team that should make the playoffs. Both Moore and Drake were selected in the next five picks so new guys on my list for round 11.

TMQB - KC 1.4, Cleveland 7.4:  All about playoff points here.  Really like the Browns at QB16.  Finished 17th last year but I expect some improvement from Mayfield and possibly a deeper playoff run.

RB - Mosert 8.13, Singletary 11.4:  I tend to take my RBs later.  Two possible guys getting half the load on their team with playoff potential.  Given the right injury, they could easily exceed expectations.

WR - Evans 2.13, Julio 4.13, Samuel 6.14, Hardman 9.4:  All potential playoff guys.  Evans will need a dep playoff run to bring value.  Julio needs to stay healthy.  overpaid for Samuel given his issues.  Every year I'm the Hardman sucker....this is the year he kicks the ball.

TE - Hockerson 3.4, Fant 5.4:  Really happy with the value I got here.

K - Succop, 10.13: Always hard to know when to draft kickers.  Want to avoid the donut for the year.

2.05 Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB TMQB3  9
8.05 Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC TMQB19     7

Got one who should be a lock for extra playoff points.  You can make some hay when it comes to playoff points at QB. Like Lawrence’s ability to run as well as his weapons, they should be fun. Think the playoff points give TBB what little “value” there is as third TMQB off the board and hated passing on Hopkins.....I think Jags at QB19 could outperform that spot. 

1.12 Cook, Dalvin MIN RB4    7
7.12 Etienne, Travis JAC RB28    7
9.12 Carter, Michael NYJ RB41    6

Even with no PPR, Cook was auto select at RB pick 12. Waited 6 more rounds to revisit, kind of happy to see Etienne still available, he should get a lot of touches. Carter seems to be picking up some steam as being the guy as the season gets closer.  He could be a steal at RB41.  Gase is gone, and hopefully the new regime adds a little excitement and NYJ starts crawling out of being a fantasy wasteland. Not much playoff appeal here, but this may be the position where you don’t really worry about that if there is one. 

3.12 Cooper, Amari DAL WR17    7
5.12 Beckham, Odell CLE WR29    13
6.05 Williams, Mike LAC WR37   7
10.05 Smith, Tre'Quan NOS WR55   6

Hoping Amari just gives me WR17-20 numbers, I’ll be happy.  First time I have really jumped on the OBJ train, but at WR29, I’ll bite in this league. I admit, I have been and probably will continue to reach for Williams as for some reason I think things are lining up for him and Herbert to connect early and often and in red zone. Some different directions I could have gone with the Tre’Quan pick and I paused for a sec, but he is the WR1 on a team for an extended time and I think I will roll the dice on that in the 10th as WR55, you don’t get that opportunity very often. QB change should be good for his game and he could see a ton of targets. Feels like a 50/50 shot here for playoff points.

4.05 Higbee, Tyler LAR TE10   11

Surprise….surprise…Ref took Higbee….. :banned:

Last edited by a moderator:
QB - Falcons and Eagles

RB - Zeke, Barkley, Jamal Williams 

WR - Boyd, Golladay, Marvin Jones

TE - Tonyan and Kmet

D - WFT

K - Jason Sanders

Ehhh. Not much to get excited about here.

QB hopefully gives me solid production, but mediocre is what I think

Loved starting Zeke and Barkley. Jamal should start with a solid role and watch it grow when it is determined he is the better game day back in Detroit. 

Not a fan of my WR as all. I wonder how many mouths need/can to be fed in Cinncy. Golladay and Jones both could be top 30 guys, but there is a chance they both end up WR60+

TE I'm comfortable with. Like Tonyan a lot more with his QB back. Kmet hopefully shows the skills his potential has advertised for a couple years. 

If I was predicting I would say this team ends up 8th-12th in this league. But, if I was any better at predictions, this team would look better. 

QB - Falcons and Eagles

RB - Zeke, Barkley, Jamal Williams 

WR - Boyd, Golladay, Marvin Jones

TE - Tonyan and Kmet

D - WFT

K - Jason Sanders

Ehhh. Not much to get excited about here.

QB hopefully gives me solid production, but mediocre is what I think

Loved starting Zeke and Barkley. Jamal should start with a solid role and watch it grow when it is determined he is the better game day back in Detroit. 

Not a fan of my WR as all. I wonder how many mouths need/can to be fed in Cinncy. Golladay and Jones both could be top 30 guys, but there is a chance they both end up WR60+

TE I'm comfortable with. Like Tonyan a lot more with his QB back. Kmet hopefully shows the skills his potential has advertised for a couple years. 

If I was predicting I would say this team ends up 8th-12th in this league. But, if I was any better at predictions, this team would look better. 

I like Atlanta QB but have concerns about Philly.  Without potential playoff points I would have waited on QB and beefed up elsewhere.  I'm curious about Cinny WRs too.  Feel like they are being overdrafted.  Much prefer them in best ball.

2.05 Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB TMQB3  9
8.05 Jaguars, Jacksonville JAC TMQB19     7

Got one who should be a lock for extra playoff points.  You can make some hay when it comes to playoff points at QB. Like Lawrence’s ability to run as well as his weapons, they should be fun. Think the playoff points give TBB what little “value” there is as third TMQB off the board and hated passing on Hopkins.....I think Jags at QB19 could outperform that spot. 

1.12 Cook, Dalvin MIN RB4    7
7.12 Etienne, Travis JAC RB28    7
9.12 Carter, Michael NYJ RB41    6

Even with no PPR, Cook was auto select at RB pick 12. Waited 6 more rounds to revisit, kind of happy to see Etienne still available, he should get a lot of touches. Carter seems to be picking up some steam as being the guy as the season gets closer.  He could be a steal at RB41.  Gase is gone, and hopefully the new regime adds a little excitement and NYJ starts crawling out of being a fantasy wasteland. Not much playoff appeal here, but this may be the position where you don’t really worry about that if there is one. 

3.12 Cooper, Amari DAL WR17    7
5.12 Beckham, Odell CLE WR29    13
6.05 Williams, Mike LAC WR37   7
10.05 Smith, Tre'Quan NOS WR55   6

Hoping Amari just gives me WR17-20 numbers, I’ll be happy.  First time I have really jumped on the OBJ train, but at WR29, I’ll bite in this league. I admit, I have been and probably will continue to reach for Williams as for some reason I think things are lining up for him and Herbert to connect early and often and in red zone. Some different directions I could have gone with the Tre’Quan pick and I paused for a sec, but he is the WR1 on a team for an extended time and I think I will roll the dice on that in the 10th as WR55, you don’t get that opportunity very often. QB change should be good for his game and he could see a ton of targets. Feels like a 50/50 shot here for playoff points.

4.05 Higbee, Tyler LAR TE10   11

Surprise….surprise…Ref took Higbee….. :banned:

Solid team Ref.  Only major quibble is Jax QB.  I suspect either Robinson or Etienne is being overdrafted in this format.  I like all you WRs sans Cooper to deliver value.  Obviously I like Higbee, I just like him better at 5.12 where I got him.

Solid team Ref.  Only major quibble is Jax QB.  I suspect either Robinson or Etienne is being overdrafted in this format.  I like all you WRs sans Cooper to deliver value.  Obviously I like Higbee, I just like him better at 5.12 where I got him.
thanks bass....4 TE's go between 4.05 and my 5.12....not sure if he makes it or not...felt like now or never

thanks bass....4 TE's go between 4.05 and my 5.12....not sure if he makes it or not...felt like now or never

I agree...felt like a bit of steal for me to get him at 5.12 in a 16 teamer 2 ppr league.  TE early has been successful for me, however they seem to get hurt more than any other position and often end up torpedoing your season.  Nothing sucks more than having your TE get hurt and you are spotting the kelce owner 28 points per week at that position.

I agree...felt like a bit of steal for me to get him at 5.12 in a 16 teamer 2 ppr league.  TE early has been successful for me, however they seem to get hurt more than any other position and often end up torpedoing your season.  Nothing sucks more than having your TE get hurt and you are spotting the kelce owner 28 points per week at that position.
So if Kelce gets hurt, wouldn't that owner be spotting the entire league 30 points per week? Guys get hurt . . . we all have to hope players on our roster stay healthy.

So if Kelce gets hurt, wouldn't that owner be spotting the entire league 30 points per week? Guys get hurt . . . we all have to hope players on our roster stay healthy.
What I was trying to say is that it seems like the last few years TE has been an injury prone position. I can’t find stats to back this up so it may just be that TEs I draft are more injury prone.  Obviously dodging injury is the biggest key to success in these leagues. 

Team rzrback77

I have mixed emotions about this squad. The initial draft was difficult for me for several reasons, but I thought that midway the team came around some. Taking the Carolina QB in the 14th was almost a must draft and if I did not take one there, I would have been forced into Houston for the final pick, which I do not believe that Watson will play at Houston and expect them to be really bad. Who knows maybe David gets a true bargain with them as his final pick. But shortly after the last three QBs were taken, the last three reasonably expected PKs went off the board and I knew I was likely to have to place a hope and a prayer last round PK for my #2. Here's hoping Gonzalez beats out Bullock.

QB - With the team QB format here, it is really possible to wait very late and get decent production. My two are the Raiders and the Panthers. I actually like the Raiders offense and see improvement from last year and am happy to have them at QB21. As discussed above, felt I had to take the Panthers at QB29 although with Wentz possibly back the Colts might have been the better pick there. Very little investment and hoping to finish at the bottom of this league's top ten. I do think that the staff and the weapons in Carolina will be a great benefit to Sam Darnold.

RB - No ppr and just not as valuable here. I did go with Derrick Henry at 1.11 and RB3 and have no regrets there. I then waited a long time, adding Conner at 8.06 RB32 and then even longer to finalize the roster with Qadree Ollison at 16.6 RB59 and Matt Breida at 17.11 RB63. This group will not be among the league leaders for sure. Hoping they all stay healthy. Henry approaches 2020 level, Conner works into a 50/50 with Edmunds, Ollison is more than just a fill in and Breida gets a chance. Buffalo's running game has been suspect for a while, so maybe there's a chance.

WR - I need for the Rams to make the playoffs and both Woods and Kupp dominate targets from Stafford. I like the talent of all my WRs and obviously have the ultra popular Panther stack with Darnold, Anderson and Marshall. I like all six, but not a lot of solid playoff expectations and not even one stud, it is another middle ranking in this league.

TE - Andrews and Hunter Henry - I do like both of these two players and both teams with a chance to go to the playoffs. Better than average here

PK - Boswell and Zane Gonzalez, who plays for Detroit by the way. Bottom tier for sure

DST - At last a solid position, but alas it is one of the least important. The Rams and the Patriots are solid.

Right now the Draft Dominator has this team at #3, but at least a couple will pass me with their final pick. It will take a great deal of luck for this squad to finish top five and much more likely I would expect around 10.

I have since decided the league will only run for 1 week and the current standings will be considered final.

I spin it that you fell into second place with the roster moves. I was in 2nd and slipped to 4th. My other team (also known as JeremyX) claimed the top spot.
Figures.  Always good for a Commish to have two teams in his league...

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Continuing to Maintain 1st Place  :thumbup:

Is it too late to do my Draft review write up?

:lmao:
Yeah, these leagues are weird a lot of times. Some how I am ahead (for now) in L2. I have 3 RBs that haven't played much (with CMC done for the year), OBJ and Golladay that haven't seen much action, and a TE that has been benched by his team (Akins). That's a third of my team. I've already taken 20 scores of zero for those guys. There's no way I should be at the top of the standings. None.

Yeah, these leagues are weird a lot of times. Some how I am ahead (for now) in L2. I have 3 RBs that haven't played much (with CMC done for the year), OBJ and Golladay that haven't seen much action, and a TE that has been benched by his team (Akins). That's a third of my team. I've already taken 20 scores of zero for those guys. There's no way I should be at the top of the standings. None.

My League 3 team is similar.  I think the injuries are so widespread that everyone is getting thumped.

Rudnicki is running away with our WSL league and he drafted CMC.  16 teamer...Jefferson 2.15, Kupp 4.15, Fournette 6.15, Conner 7.2 cover a lot of mistakes/injuries.

Congrats.
I find your "location" interesting, given that I finished in 5th place, and you finished in 13th. I haven't really been an active participant in fantasy football for years. At this point, the Anarchy leagues are the only fantasy related contests that I do anymore. I can't remember the last time I had to manage a roster or submit a lineup. To say I am not that into it anymore is the understatement of understatements.

Anarchy99 said:
I find your "location" interesting, given that I finished in 5th place, and you finished in 13th. I haven't really been an active participant in fantasy football for years. At this point, the Anarchy leagues are the only fantasy related contests that I do anymore. I can't remember the last time I had to manage a roster or submit a lineup. To say I am not that into it anymore is the understatement of understatements.

I found it clever.

Users who are viewing this thread