What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Anarchy League 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
2021 Anarchy League 2 League Site
Draft scheduled to start 8/2 at 8:00 AM Eastern. Timer off for now.

Randomly generated draft order:

1.01 - Biabreakable
1.02 - Anarchy99
1.03 - Coordinator
1.04 - BroncoFreak 2K3
1.05 - CalBear
1.06 - Pigskin Fanatic
1.07 - Norseman
1.08 - JeremyX13
1.09 - OldMilwaukee
1.10 - Ben & Jerry's
1.11 - Reaper
1.12 - nittanylion
1.13 - rzrback77
1.14 - Just Win Baby
1.15 - Stinkin' Ref
1.16 - Duckboy

Thanks to the RNG for giving me the first pick.

Without much of a 2nd thought I will take Travis Kelce. I put the pick in but it looks like we can't draft quite yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to the RNG for giving me the first pick.

Without much of a 2nd thought I will take Travis Kelce. I put the pick in but it looks like we can't draft quite yet.
In one of the quirks of MFL, you can pre-draft any draft pick . . . except the first one.

Yeah I tried to straight draft it as well but nothing. 
The draft is not turned on, so you pretty much can't do anything just yet. I know someone mentioned not being able to start until after next weekend, so just putting things on hold for now.

The draft is not turned on, so you pretty much can't do anything just yet. I know someone mentioned not being able to start until after next weekend, so just putting things on hold for now.
Thats fine. I don't expect to change my mind about this.

Whenever you all are ready.

I like #5. Close enough to the top that I'll get to cash in on inefficiency ahead of me, close enough to the turn that mid-round choices are still tactical. Onwards to being Anarchy 2's first repeat champion.

Can someone verify that Anarchy99 set the league scoring correctly?
Apparently people are not aware that the NFL is a running league now. I had made a pre-draft list because I was going be out all day. Apparently folks weren't all that interested in drafting RB. I wasn't expecting (or really wanting) to end up with 3 RB. That's one of the reasons I am not a huge fan of pre-drafting. C'est la vie.

Apparently people are not aware that the NFL is a running league now. I had made a pre-draft list because I was going be out all day. Apparently folks weren't all that interested in drafting RB. I wasn't expecting (or really wanting) to end up with 3 RB. That's one of the reasons I am not a huge fan of pre-drafting. C'est la vie.
One way you can deal with that is to put the players you actually want to draft on your pre-draft list.

One way you can deal with that is to put the players you actually want to draft on your pre-draft list.
Yeah, sure, I guess . . . but I am not a huge fan of the way MFL sets up their pre-draft lists. I listed RB and WR for my slots hoping to get one of each. I wish they had a way to remove certain positions from the list once that position was filled.

I don't necessarily think it's a totally bad thing I got 3 RB given the guys I ended up with at the spots I got them. The likely problem is RBs get hurt and therefore not only am I going to get reduced scoring since they are RB, I would be getting no scoring because they got hurt. There were 3 RB taken in the Top 10 last year . . . and they all got hurt. But optomistically any player in the league can suffer a long term injury, so all players are at risk.

This isn't fool proof some times I mess that up like when I had Eckeler ahead of Johnathan Taylor.

All I can say is whoops. Wouldnt be as bad if this were PPR.

Just seems to be less chatter every season, along with the decreasing interest. For me, doing three Anarchy drafts simultaneously is a bit of a challenge for time, so I have less to chat.

League 2 Strategy this year was to wait on QB and focus strongly on WR and RB early, essentially waiting on TE as well. At this point, I am not sure that I think that I have a strong team. It will depend quite a bit on the two QBs that I am able to draft and the depth at the RB/WR positions I can accrue by waiting.

QB -

RB - A. Jones 2.04, D. Swift 3.13 & James Connor 7.14 - a bit meh here even with the high draft capital. My second pick was one of my toughest and that is not good. Considered Keenan Allen and Chubb. Positives for Jones are a solid playoff chance, but I am so down on Green Bay overall that I did not like the pick. Offensive line is not as strong as a year ago and not sure there is a teamwork unity there any longer. Just wasn't happy with the options and looking back, wish I had taken Allen. I like Swift quite a bit this year, but of course Detroit has no shot at the playoffs. I am a fan of the toughness of James Connor and expect him to at least be a 1B to Edmonds, who has never been featured. 

WR - Diggs 1.13, Woods 4.04, R. Anderson 5.13 & Sutton 6.04 - Diggs is great in this format, lots of targets on a top team and Woods gets an upgrade at QB and also on a strong team. I am a big fan of Anderson this season and think he will outperform ADP, but QB downside and little chance at extra games. Sutton is a solid talent, but again lots of uncertainty at QB and little hope of playoffs.

TE - Hooper missed three games a season ago and finished strong. He averaged over 12 ppg as the TE17 in ppg. Cleveland is a strong playoff candidate and I got Hooper at TE23. Not a strong player, but a value selection late.

Obviously need to add QBs, RB, WR, TE and flex along with PKs and DSTs. Not really a top team yet, but could improve if I can tab value at QB and my last picks at RB, WR, TE and flex. Work to do for sure.

I will add that it is interesting in the varying strategies used in the Anarchy drafts. We are at the 9.7 pick and we still have the following:

QB - two teams without a QB

RB - one team without an RB

WR - one team with only one WR

TE - one team without a TE and seven teams with only one, while we have two teams that have already dedicated the TE to their flex

TMQB: Seattle (4.15 - TMQB8)
RB: CMC (1.02, RB1), Saquon (2.15, RB9), Jonathan Taylor (3.03 - RB11), David Johnson (8.15 - RB37)
WR: OBJ (5.02, WR26), Kenny Golladay (6.15, WR36), Deebo Samuel (7.02 - WR39)
TE: Cole Kmet (9.02 - TE25)

As mentioned earlier, I made a pre-draft list and ended up with too many RBs. I have tried loading up on top RBs before and that didn't go well. Too much injury risk. Of course, I doubled down by drafting all injury prone WRs. I expected this team will struggle to stay healthy. I'd like it way more as a submit a weekly roster or best ball team.

Just seems to be less chatter every season, along with the decreasing interest. For me, doing three Anarchy drafts simultaneously is a bit of a challenge for time, so I have less to chat.

League 2 Strategy this year was to wait on QB and focus strongly on WR and RB early, essentially waiting on TE as well. At this point, I am not sure that I think that I have a strong team. It will depend quite a bit on the two QBs that I am able to draft and the depth at the RB/WR positions I can accrue by waiting.

QB -

RB - A. Jones 2.04, D. Swift 3.13 & James Connor 7.14 - a bit meh here even with the high draft capital. My second pick was one of my toughest and that is not good. Considered Keenan Allen and Chubb. Positives for Jones are a solid playoff chance, but I am so down on Green Bay overall that I did not like the pick. Offensive line is not as strong as a year ago and not sure there is a teamwork unity there any longer. Just wasn't happy with the options and looking back, wish I had taken Allen. I like Swift quite a bit this year, but of course Detroit has no shot at the playoffs. I am a fan of the toughness of James Connor and expect him to at least be a 1B to Edmonds, who has never been featured. 

WR - Diggs 1.13, Woods 4.04, R. Anderson 5.13 & Sutton 6.04 - Diggs is great in this format, lots of targets on a top team and Woods gets an upgrade at QB and also on a strong team. I am a big fan of Anderson this season and think he will outperform ADP, but QB downside and little chance at extra games. Sutton is a solid talent, but again lots of uncertainty at QB and little hope of playoffs.

TE - Hooper missed three games a season ago and finished strong. He averaged over 12 ppg as the TE17 in ppg. Cleveland is a strong playoff candidate and I got Hooper at TE23. Not a strong player, but a value selection late.

Obviously need to add QBs, RB, WR, TE and flex along with PKs and DSTs. Not really a top team yet, but could improve if I can tab value at QB and my last picks at RB, WR, TE and flex. Work to do for sure.

SInce I pick right after you in odd rounds and right before you in even rounds:

• I would have taken Diggs at 1.14
  • I strongly considered taking Woods at 4.4
There were no other close calls, but that has more to do with differing Anarchy strategic philosophies -- I emphasize WRs and TEs and purposely ignore RBs in the first several rounds.

I will add that it is interesting in the varying strategies used in the Anarchy drafts. We are at the 9.7 pick and we still have the following:

QB - two teams without a QB

RB - one team without an RB

WR - one team with only one WR

TE - one team without a TE and seven teams with only one, while we have two teams that have already dedicated the TE to their flex

:bowtie:

Well, that was a brutal 9/10 turn, but with what remained at TMQB, I wanted 49'ers to pair with Ravens, for stylistic purposes, plus I think all 3 NFC WC could come from NFCW...but there were some decent Players to be had there, who all went. Michael Carter, Gus Edwards (for my RavenStack), Mooney and Elijah Moore.

IMHO, Hurst is potentially being criminally underrated. Of course I could be wrong, but from what I hear, new Falcons offense is very similar to what Ryan ran when he went nuts, Ridley now in #1 role, good enough to draw coverage. Pitts playing more big slot than anything else, presents mismatches, but rookie who needs to be worked in, other WR being essentially complimentary options, Hurst should have room to operate; familiar face in familiar role. They don't appear to be committing to ground and pound like the Titans. Drafted at TE26, I think he can be a borderline TE1 in a 16 Team League, however playoffs are pretty much out of the question.

So far:

Ravens*, 49'ers

Dobbins*, Sermon, Dillon

Kupp, Mike Williams, Gallup

Andrews*, Hurst

*=RavenStack, baby!!!

Well, that was a brutal 9/10 turn, but with what remained at TMQB, I wanted 49'ers to pair with Ravens, for stylistic purposes, plus I think all 3 NFC WC could come from NFCW...but there were some decent Players to be had there, who all went. Michael Carter, Gus Edwards (for my RavenStack), Mooney and Elijah Moore.

IMHO, Hurst is potentially being criminally underrated. Of course I could be wrong, but from what I hear, new Falcons offense is very similar to what Ryan ran when he went nuts, Ridley now in #1 role, good enough to draw coverage. Pitts playing more big slot than anything else, presents mismatches, but rookie who needs to be worked in, other WR being essentially complimentary options, Hurst should have room to operate; familiar face in familiar role. They don't appear to be committing to ground and pound like the Titans. Drafted at TE26, I think he can be a borderline TE1 in a 16 Team League, however playoffs are pretty much out of the question.

So far:

Ravens*, 49'ers

Dobbins*, Sermon, Dillon

Kupp, Mike Williams, Gallup

Andrews*, Hurst

*=RavenStack, baby!!!
Hurst was the #15 TE in Anarchy scoring last year (16th in PPG). So he basically needs a repeat from his 2020 numbers this year (56-571-6) to again be a bottom TE1.  He'll likely perform better than where you drafted him, but I am not so sure he'll get the same production as last year with Pitts around. Hurst could be the 4th or 5th receiving option and that probably will limit his targets. He had close to 90 targets last year. I would not be shocked if that dropped into the 60s. But as we all know, all it takes is an injury to a different player to change someone's opportunities (and things rarely play out as expected).

Surprised there is no chatter in here
Sorry about that. Ive been busy.

I also didnt want to flap my gums too much before things are in the books. But I will make some time for post draft evaluations and so on later on.

I am pretty happy with my haul so far. Of course having the highest picks is the main facilitator of that.

I will say this, I am glad I got a couple RB early. There is nothing left at that posiiton now. It will be interesting to see who the RBs are that fill in the back of folks rosters this year. I passed on RB completely in the league 4 draft and oh my its bad.

And the kicker run has officially started:

11.01   161   Biabreakable   Koo, Younghoe ATL PK   Mon Aug 9 10:21:15 p.m. ET 2021   [Pick made from Pre-Draft List]

I gathered up some history a few seasons ago on this. Here it is, updated:

• 2005: 1st (Vanderjagt) at 12.5, 2nd (Vinatieri) at 12.6
  • 2006: 1st (Vinatieri) at 12.4, 2nd (Elam) at 13.11
  • 2007: 1st (Vinatieri) at 11.3, 2nd (Wilkins) at 12.13
  • 2008: 1st (Gostkowski) at 11.3, 2nd (Folk) at 11.11
  • 2009: 1st (Gostkowski) at 12.14, 2nd (Kaeding) at 13.3
  • 2010: 1st (Kaeding) at 12.2, 2nd (Hartley) at 12.6
  • 2011: 1st (Crosby) at 12.4, 2nd (Kaeding) at 12.5
  • 2012: 1st (Akers) at 11.3, 2nd (Gostkowski) at 12.1
  • 2013: 1st (Gostkowski) at 12.8, 2nd (Prater) at 12.11
  • 2014: 1st (Prater) at 11.16, 2nd (Hauschka) at 12.1
  • 2015: 1st (Gostkowski) at 10.16, 2nd (Crosby) at 11.1
  • 2016: 1st (Gostkowski) at 9.3, 2nd (Hauschka) at 11.11
  • 2017: 1st (Gostkowski) at 10.10, 2nd (Tucker) at 10.12
  • 2018: 1st (Gostkowski) at 10.6, 2nd (Zuerlein) at 10.11
  • 2019: 1st (Zuerlein) at 10.2, 2nd (Butker) at 10.10
  • 2020: 1st (Butker) at 9.13, 2nd (Tucker) at 10.4
  • 2021: 1st (Koo) at 11.1, 2nd ?
Interesting that the ice was broken later this year than in the 2015-2020 drafts, but earlier than every single draft from 2005-2014.

I know trivia like this really spices up the thread!  :football:  

I passed on RB completely in the league 4 draft and oh my its bad.

I'm also following the zero RB strategy... interested to see it play out.

Last year, I finished 4th and drafted these RBs:

• 8.3 - Mack - 5.6 points
  • 10.3 - Breida - 35.0 points
  • 13.14 - Chris Thompson - 22.6 points
  • 18.3 - McKinnon - 93.2 points
Finishing 4th with that shows that all strategies can work in this format. And getting 93 points from an 18th round RB also shows there are usually gems to be mined late. I also noted in my writeup that I chose Thompson over Darrell Henderson; had I taken Henderson, I would have gotten another 92 points and finished in 2nd.

Last edited by a moderator:

Last year, I finished 2nd and drafted these RBs:

Finishing 2nd with that shows that all strategies can work in this format. And getting 93 points from an 18th round RB also shows there are usually gems to be mined late.
Yeah it will be interesting to me to see who you target.

I have Bernard now in both leagues and I am pretty happy about it.

Last year, I finished 4th and drafted these RBs:

Finishing 4th with that shows that all strategies can work in this format. And getting 93 points from an 18th round RB also shows there are usually gems to be mined late. I also noted in my writeup that I chose Thompson over Darrell Henderson; had I taken Henderson, I would have gotten another 92 points and finished in 2nd.
It’s weird how well teams can do when the right guys stay healthy. I looked back at my roster from 2015 when I won. The trio of Percy Harvin, Arian Foster, and Breshard Perriman combined for 100 points. That left 15 spots that scored almost 3300 points. 

I'm gonna be incommunicado today (broken leg, surgery). Tried to pre-draft the next two rounds but if it sticks that's why.

CalBear said:
I'm gonna be incommunicado today (broken leg, surgery). Tried to pre-draft the next two rounds but if it sticks that's why.
My daughter broke her kneecap in April and it did not heal exactly right, so she had a second surgery today to remove the wiring and clean out scar tissue. Hope that you and she heals really well and rehab goes smoothly. Prayers for you and your caretakers.

Apologies, everyone, for the 12-hour delay. Drama-filled day in the Dyn League I Founded/Commish. 20+ year local 14-Teamer. Rookie/Free Agent Draft, Day 2 (Rounds 2/3 of 5). Long story. Iron Fist had to throw hands (figuratively). If that happens tomorrow (Rounds 4/5), please just pick BPA for me. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread