What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Montana Man Confronts Tucker Carlson - Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

What's your opinion on what the man did to Carlson?

• I encourage it.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • Don't encourage it, but ok with it.

Votes: 31 23.8%
  • On the fence.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Not cool. But not awful.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • Awful. Should never do that.

Votes: 46 35.4%

• Total voters

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
You've probably seen the video. https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/07/video-dan-bailey-confronts-tucker-carlson-montana.html

Fox News host Tucker Carlson got a lot more than he bargained for when he walked into a store in Livingston, Montana to stock up on gear for a fly fishing trip. While in the store he was confronted by a local fly fishing guide, Dan Bailey, who apparently didn’t want to miss the opportunity to give the Fox News host a piece of his mind. “Dude, you are the worst human being known to mankind,” Bailey can be heard saying in the video. “I want you to know that.” Carlson kept his voice down and only replied “I appreciate that.” The video quickly went viral.

The 22-second video starts when the confrontation had already started and it seems Bailey is talking to Carlson about something related to his stance on vaccines. It appears Carlson at one point asks him to keep in mind he is with his child. “I don’t care, man,” Bailey replies. He went on to say: “What you have done to this state, to the United States, to everyone else in this world. What you have done to families, what you have done to everybody else in this world. I don’t care that your daughter is here. What you’ve done to people’s families…” Carlson keeps whispering and replies: “Settle down, son.” Bailey tells Carlson to not call him son, but the Fox News host walks away and that’s where the video ends.

What's your opinion on what the man did to Carlson?

Very not cool.  He wasn't as violent or near-violent as I was expecting, based on descriptions I read before watching, but still not something that should happen.

I don't like it and don't think people should do that.  That being said, I'd hope that Tucker saw the impact his base rhetoric can have, had a "Come to Jesus" moment and tones it down in the future.  The form of journalism Tucker (and many others) engages in swings both ways; it really endears you to some people....and it really makes you hated by others.  I'm just glad this guy wasn't off his rocker and attack Carlson physically.  

Not cool, especially with his kid there.

The comments on that article are absolutely vile and disgusting.  If you're on the fence reading those comments, you're most certainly going to become conservative.  Simply awful human beings posting there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it was very uncool and the guy should be ashamed of himself.

Awful?  I don’t know, he didn’t get violent

I can't stand

Tucker

Carlson

but I agree 100%. You don't do that in front of children.   :hifive:
I don't watch Tucker except for some small bites on youtube every now and then.  I do agree with a lot of what he says, though, but I'm not even close to a regular Fox watcher, much less a Tucker Carlson watcher.

I would say the same thing if someone got in Maddow's face too.

Not cool but I don’t feel sorry for Tucker. His whole persona is to create strong emotional reactions both positive and negative. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened before. But still not cool to do.

Not cool but I don’t feel sorry for Tucker. His whole persona is to create strong emotional reactions both positive and negative. I’m surprised it hasn’t happened before. But still not cool to do.
I don't feel one bit sorry for Tucker...I can't stand him. But doing it front of his child (or any child) is awful and should never happen.

How old is the daughter? My impression is that his kids are all grown, like late teens/early 20s. If she’s that old, I’m less offended than if she were, say, 10.

Not cool, especially with his kid there.

The comments on that article are absolutely vile and disgusting.  If you're on the fence reading those comments, you're most certainly going to become conservative.  Simply awful human beings posting there.
That's the internet.  Doesn't matter what "side" is posting .   

Interesting that it happened in Montana. Up to now always a fairly conservative state. Trump won by over 16% last election.

the rover said:
Carlson's lying rant against Eric Swalwell's wife resulted in her getting death threats.  She's pregnant and has a 4 year old and a 2 year old.   When Swalwell refused to come on Carlson's show because of that, Carlson called him a coward. 

Karma's a #####, Tucker.
There's no such thing as karma, and we, as a society, need to be better than this. 

I won't say what I think of Carlson, because we are not supposed to be overly critical of anyone here now (and I am not getting banned because of that guy), but behavior like that of the man who confronted him should be discouraged, not encouraged. 

Maybe this guy crossed a line but if so it’s only by a teeny bit.  I don’t think he ever appeared menacing or threatening at least in the parts we could see.  Is it just that we’re not allowed to say mean things to public figures?
I’m a super polite person by nature, so I’m generally against confronting any public figure like that when they are in a store or restaurant going about their daily life. 

The guy has made a fortune spewing hate and using extreme rhetoric to turn Americans against each other.  He has undoubtedly made our country a worse place and he almost certainly will continue to do so (and make god knows how many millions of dollars in the process).

Not sure how old his daughter is, but assuming she's an actual child, its certainly unfortunate that she witnessed it. But at some point (if she hasn't already) she'll realize what kind of person her father is (and how he pays for the great life she probably has).   But still....not her fault.

The only party in this video I feel bad for is the owner of the store (which somehow happens to share the name of the guy who confronted Carlson). Hopefully they dont suffer any sort of blow back because of that coincidence.

I have no issue with this guy confronting Carlson. He kept it relatively calm and certainly didn't get violent.  Can't have it both ways if you're Carlson.  Play crappy games.....get crappy prizes.

:shrug:

not something I would do, but not too fussed over the contents of that video.  Carlson himself did not appear to be offended. 

Meh. The guy wasn't violent and said what he wanted to say. I would feel the same way if this happened to Rachael Maddow, Nancy Pelosi, Mitch McConnell, Donald Trump or Joe Biden. 

I posted this in the main Tucker thread.  I have no problems with the words said but I have a big problem with his being in his face and making physical contact with him.  There’s too many nuts out there nowadays willing to start a physical altercation.  You can easily imagine a scenario like this getting out of control and something really bad happening.

The fact that his kid was there just makes it worse but it was already awful.  

I posted this in the main Tucker thread.  I have no problems with the words said but I have a big problem with his being in his face and making physical contact with him.  There’s too many nuts out there nowadays willing to start a physical altercation.  You can easily imagine a scenario like this getting out of control and something really bad happening.

The fact that his kid was there just makes it worse but it was already awful.  
Agreed.  Not to give Carlson any credit, but it's a good thing that guy wasn't confronting a divisive hot head like Bill O'Reilly or Chris Cuomo.  Those aggressive dudes would have probably thrown down the second that guy got in their face. 

Tucker urged his viewers back in the spring to publicly chastise people wearing masks and to call CPS or other authorities if they were to see kids wearing masks.

He’s an outspoken public figure. He deserves every last bit of it

Tucker

urged his viewers back in the spring to publicly chastise people wearing masks and to call CPS or other authorities if they were to see kids wearing masks.

He’s an outspoken public figure. He deserves every last bit of it
I'd be interested in seeing your evidence.  I don't recall hearing about him saying that but, then again, I certainly could have missed it.

I'd be interested in seeing your evidence.  I don't recall hearing about him saying that but, then again, I certainly could have missed it.
Sure, here is his quote:

Carlson also said “the only people who wear masks outside are zealots and neurotics” and said seeing a vaccinated person wear a mask outdoors was like “watching a grown man expose himself in public”.

“Your response when you see children wearing masks as they play should be no different from your response to seeing someone beat a kid in Walmart,” he said.

“Call the police immediately, contact child protective services. Keep calling until someone arrives. What you’re looking at is abuse, it’s child abuse and you are morally obligated to attempt to prevent it.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/27/tucker-carlson-fox-news-masks-biden-cdc

1st amendment works both ways no? Spare me with the kids thing. How many kids passively absorb his bile across the nation. You spew your opinion recklessly across the airwaves? A guy can’t tell you what for in a fly fishing store? What kind of privilege do these guys get? No consequence ever? Don’t you even look them in the eye in public? Pfft! 

Sure, here is his quote:

Carlson also said “the only people who wear masks outside are zealots and neurotics” and said seeing a vaccinated person wear a mask outdoors was like “watching a grown man expose himself in public”.

“Your response when you see children wearing masks as they play should be no different from your response to seeing someone beat a kid in Walmart,” he said.

“Call the police immediately, contact child protective services. Keep calling until someone arrives. What you’re looking at is abuse, it’s child abuse and you are morally obligated to attempt to prevent it.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/27/tucker-carlson-fox-news-masks-biden-cdc
He’s a peach. 

Obviously Dan Bailey feels strongly about Tucker Carlson.  

My first thought is a guy in Baileys position is.....stay out of politics.  As a fishing guide, you don't want to turn off potential clients.....I guess he doesn't care so much.  I guess he feels like he needs to step up because he believes Tucker pedals disinformation......I respect that.....but again, based on his profession, might hurt his livelihood.....and yea, kid present not so cool.

I'm not sure I saw all of the video. It l

Sinn Fein said:
:shrug:

not something I would do, but not too fussed over the contents of that video.  Carlson himself did not appear to be offended. 
Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm seeing the same video as others. It looked pretty lighthearted to me. If you told me that next they went and had a few cold beers, I wouldn't be shocked. Definitely wouldn't be shocked if it was staged in some way.

The only thing of real interest in this story is that the dude's name is Dan Bailey and they were standing in a store called Dan Bailey's Outdoor Equipment (or some such) that he's completely unaffiliated with. Looks like the store got on top of it pretty quick, but that was some pretty bad luck for them. 

I think it's very considerate that our resident sociopaths are so open about it.  It removes a lot of uncertainty.
I know that is probably a bit in jest, but I find it unnerving that unbalanced individuals seem to find it increasingly acceptable to behave inappropriately in public and escalate to violence. Murder rate was up about 25% last year and has been up about 20% more this year in big cities. There’s been a decades long decline in violent crime in the US, but the murder rate is starting to spike back up the last 2 years.

Every day in Philly there seems to be reports of multiple shootings. And more and more it’s happening in broad daylight or in tourist areas over really dumb stuff. Some guy got shot and killed over a parking spot at Gino’s steaks in South Philly last week. Just senseless.

Why is the guy confronting him grinning like he is going to break out laughing?  Either it was staged or the guy is not playing with a full deck because Carlson was laughing too.  

Went with awful only because there was physical contact, however incidental. Carlson handled it pretty well, which is to be expected with how long he's been doing his thing on tv. I'm sure this isn't the first or even hundredth time something similar has happened. Dan Bailey has every right to speak to him in that way, as distasteful as I find it. Tucker is not immune from public confrontation spawning from his television persona. He has blood on his hands, and he knows it, and likely doesn't care, given how wealthy it has made him.

“You are the worst human being known to mankind”

Love the hyperbole. It’s like he was larping posting on twitter or  a message board

Went with awful only because there was physical contact, however incidental. Carlson handled it pretty well, which is to be expected with how long he's been doing his thing on tv. I'm sure this isn't the first or even hundredth time something similar has happened. Dan Bailey has every right to speak to him in that way, as distasteful as I find it. Tucker is not immune from public confrontation spawning from his television persona. He has blood on his hands, and he knows it, and likely doesn't care, given how wealthy it has made him.
Might have been a set up to make Dems look crazy.

Don't encourage it, but ok with it. Based strictly on the clip, it was very low key. Its not something I would do but I don't see it as something to be outraged over. Public figures are approached all the time, particularly controversial figures - and Tucker goes out of this way to be controversial. In public, not making a scene...meh.

Don't encourage it, but ok with it. Based strictly on the clip, it was very low key. Its not something I would do but I don't see it as something to be outraged over. Public figures are approached all the time, particularly controversial figures - and Tucker goes out of this way to be controversial. In public, not making a scene...meh.
This is true and one of the drawbacks to being a public figure.   It sucks but on the other side of the coin Carlson has made a lot of money and I am sure he has fans that love him.

That said I think the guy confronting him is being a jerk.  Carlson is not going to change because some yokel in a tackle shop is harassing him. 

I suppose he might get a kick out of telling Tucker off but in the end he came off looking worse than the guys he despises. :thumbdown:

Users who are viewing this thread