What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Montana Man Confronts Tucker Carlson - Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

What's your opinion on what the man did to Carlson?

• I encourage it.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • Don't encourage it, but ok with it.

Votes: 31 23.8%
  • On the fence.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Not cool. But not awful.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • Awful. Should never do that.

Votes: 46 35.4%

• Total voters
As for the topic, I already voted and said what I thought about it but I will say my general take on several of the comments in here is that they feel partisan and would flip-flop if you replace Tucker with Maddow. 

ETA - although to be fair, well over half said it's not cool or awful, so I guess that's good.
I take it with a grain of salt.  I would vote not cool if it were Maddow, Olberman, Hannity or whoever.

The guy who confronted him looks like a tool bag with that stupid grin. So it was hard to tell if this was set up or not to make it look like he is the rank and file of dems.  But Individual people do stupid things all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for the topic, I already voted and said what I thought about it but I will say my general take on several of the comments in here is that they feel partisan and would flip-flop if you replace Tucker with Maddow. 

ETA - although to be fair, well over half said it's not cool or awful, so I guess that's good.
I'm not sure that's true 100%. I wouldn't have any problem with a Conservative calling Maddow or Sanders or BLM leader a Marxist, especially if they disengage as soon as Maddow makes it clear she doesn't want to have any further discussion. I don't necessarily have a problem with a Conservative calling Cuomo Fredo, even though it is much more of a crude put down. That is much in line with Julie Briskman, the cyclist who was fired for giving Trump's motorcade the finger. I support the ability for someone to tell someone else they suck.

On the other side, after Googling the Fredo incident, Hannity came to Cuomo's defense in the matter. Maybe there is a conservative principle here about polite society or how those in polite society should be treated. Or maybe it is a regional thing instead of a political thing.

I wouldn't support MTG tailing David Hogg throwing insults or Alex Jones hounding Sanders in the airport, because of the degree of aggressiveness and the level it persisted after the target made it clear they were not engaging.

shadrap said:
have noticed the hatred for say a Trump supporter is basically off the charts now from the other side.  Look at the poll in this thread alone.  Tucker had his child with him for pete's sake!  very disappointing but expected based on what I have read in here the last 4 years.  I liked Trump policies & put up with the side show.  what he got done in 4 years is amazing to me, but mention that in here & if possible you would be tarred & feathered.  I have many liberal friends but very few that can hide their utter contempt for a Trump supporter.  it is what it is & I just keep moving on & take note of the results of this poll.  very sad,  at least for me.  IMHO

have a good one.
While I agree it is very sad, keep in mind this forum has shown to be almost all on one far end of the political spectrum. I wouldn’t take it as an accurate read on the real world. 

While I agree it is very sad, keep in mind this forum has shown to be almost all on one far end of the political spectrum. I wouldn’t take it as an accurate read on the real world. 
True but just in the PSF, many FFA regulars have much different views but won`t post in the PSF.

Sounds like a lot of work and could lead to bad things.  I could maybe see having the software update someones profile saying "on timeout until XXX" but 1. I'm not sure the software does it (doubtful) and 2. Some posters would prefer folks not knowing they are on timeout - I imagine.
I’ve seen a lot times where the mod will quote someone and post something like “be way cooler if you come back”

I’m not understanding your recent posts. The vote totals skew heavily against the guy confronting Tucker, with a number of left leaning posters expressly stating in the thread that they did not support this kind of behavior. These results are even more significant if it’s true that “this forum has shown to be almost all on one end of the political spectrum.”

I’m not understanding your recent posts. The vote totals skew heavily against the guy confronting Tucker, with a number of left leaning posters expressly stating in the thread that they did not support this kind of behavior. These results are even more significant if it’s true that “this forum has shown to be almost all on one end of the political spectrum.”
That fact that over 40 voters were in favor of that pathetic behavior is sad and not something you would see in places that aren’t all(almost all) on one extreme political end and spend ungodly amounts of time bashing Tucker and anything/anyone on the Right. Hopefully that is easier to understand , sorry I wasn’t clear. 

That fact that over 40 voters were in favor of that pathetic behavior is sad and not something you would see in places that aren’t all(almost all) on one extreme political end and spend ungodly amounts of time bashing Tucker and anything/anyone on the Right. Hopefully that is easier to understand , sorry I wasn’t clear. 
14 people said they encourage this.

100 ranged from they don’t encourage to it is awful.

This doesn’t seem like very extreme results. 

This board is not on any extreme end of the  political spectrum.  Further, being an anonymous poll, there us no guarantee where such votes came from.

You’re a glass half empty kinda guy aren’t you?

I’m happy that, in this thread, we’ve seen bipartisan criticism of the guy accosting Tucker Carlson in public. I think that’s a step in the right direction. Hopefully we’ll see the same bipartisan unity the next time that David Hogg is accosted in public by a Republican lawmaker. 

I’m happy that, in this thread, we’ve seen bipartisan criticism of the guy accosting Tucker Carlson in public. I think that’s a step in the right direction. Hopefully we’ll see the same bipartisan unity the next time that David Hogg is accosted in public by a Republican lawmaker. 
Nice spin my friend.  :lmao:

doesn't matter much but i wouldn't flip-flop.  it's just not right IMO

yea, but to say they would encourage it or okay with it is so over the line I can only shrug & move on.  just a real sad commentary in here on the utter hate from the left in this incident because they don't like a TV guys politics.

I agree.   

What is worrisome though  Maxine Waters encourages this type of confrontational behavior in a rant that was broadcasted everywhere.

Voted 'Don't encourage it, but ok with it.'

I watched the video and it honestly feels staged totally cringeworthy.  When people make an effort to be controversial while in the public eye, I don't think they should be immune from criticism.  Tucker Carlson's product that he sells is controversy and outrage. 

The guy could have been a lot more effective if he actually attempted to have a real conversation with Tucker.

What if Tucker were a female reporter? 

Would you feel the same if your WIFE were an on air host for MSNBC, maybe not the night time anchor but a day reporter and had her kids at Michael's gathering beads to go make Christmas Ornaments and a woman came up and got right in her grill with your children around and said something similar? Would you wish you were there to shield her form the person doing that to her? What if it were the same man doing the same exact thing in the same manner? Would you want to be there to put a stop to it if it were your wife?

Would you feel the same if your WIFE were an on air host for MSNBC, maybe not the night time anchor but a day reporter and had her kids at Michael's gathering beads to go make Christmas Ornaments and a woman came up and got right in her grill with your children around and said something similar? Would you wish you were there to shield her form the person doing that to her? What if it were the same man doing the same exact thing in the same manner? Would you want to be there to put a stop to it if it were your wife?

Is my wife on tv every night calling people names and inciting hatred?  Then yes...you dish it out you get it back

again neither is my cup of tea but you can't act one way and expect people to act differently towards you.  That thought is pure silliness

Is my wife on tv every night calling people names and inciting hatred?  Then yes...you dish it out you get it back

again neither is my cup of tea but you can't act one way and expect people to act differently towards you.  That thought is pure silliness
I even said, she hosts on MSNBC mid day, she's not spitting out hatred but still offends some folks and a looney shows up or just happens to be in the store and recognizes her...you're trying to just insert Tucker as your spouse, i'm simply trying to broaden it to other people who you might care about. Nobody cares about Tucker, fine. But what if it was someone you did love? What offends you and doesn't offend you might be different for others as odd a thought as that might be. 

I even said, she hosts on MSNBC mid day, she's not spitting out hatred but still offends some folks and a looney shows up or just happens to be in the store and recognizes her...you're trying to just insert Tucker as your spouse, i'm simply trying to broaden it to other people who you might care about. Nobody cares about Tucker, fine. But what if it was someone you did love? What offends you and doesn't offend you might be different for others as odd a thought as that might be. 

Sorry i didn't notice that.  My apologies

No, it's never my cup of tea and this politics of division is terrible.  So no, not even it was my wife would i think they are deserving of it but if you are in the public eye now i guess it's too be expected in this country.

It won't be long before some of these people are killed.

Can we remove interjecting "children" into this? Tucker's kids are adults, his youngest is like 22 years old. It's not even clear where they were in relation to this.

We all wish people would not be a-holes. This goes for Billy Bob the fish tackle salesman and definitely for Tucker Carlson and his nightly trollathon. 

Users who are viewing this thread