What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021-22 NBA Thread: Bill Simmons furiously recording 2.5 hour long pod about how Boston is still better than Golden State (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING: Memphis is finalizing a trade to send Jonas Valanciunas and 2021 Nos. 17 and 51 picks to New Orleans for Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe, 2021 picks Nos. 10 and 40 and a protected 2022 first-round pick via the Lakers, sources tell ESPN.

Nice that Pellies got out from Adams. I haven't looked at contracts but should have freed up money as well. 

Edit: Imagine there's more players involved or Pellies frees up a ton of money.  Pretty sure Adams somehow impossibly got another long term big money deal last off-season

Last edited by a moderator:
BREAKING: Memphis is finalizing a trade to send Jonas Valanciunas and 2021 Nos. 17 and 51 picks to New Orleans for Steven Adams, Eric Bledsoe, 2021 picks Nos. 10 and 40 and a protected 2022 first-round pick via the Lakers, sources tell ESPN.

Nice that Pellies got out from Adams. I haven't looked at contracts but should have freed up money as well
I had just put the finishing touches on my mock draft this afternoon, of course :lmao:  

Stein saying that NOP plans to use the savings to pursue Lowry. Grizz must really like whoever they’re targeting at 10 because those Bledsoe & Adams contracts are no bueno.

I had just put the finishing touches on my mock draft this afternoon, of course :lmao:  

Stein saying that NOP plans to use the savings to pursue Lowry. Grizz must really like whoever they’re targeting at 10 because those Bledsoe & Adams contracts are no bueno.
I'm not a huge Jonas fan but a big upgrade. They can also move on from him after season.

Stunned Grizz would take on that Adams deal for a 7 spot move up and Lakers 2022 protected first. Adams is a vet min talent and offensive clogger. Crazy he's got 2 diff franchises to overpay as much as they did

it's gotta be about cap, cuz JVal eats even more of Zion's floorspace than Lurch Adams. totes worth it for a Lonzo/Lowry backcourt, tho -
Lowry is going to come home via sign-and-trade for George Hill and Danny Green.  Then the Sixers trade Simmons, Maxey and two firsts for Beal (and Westbook goes to the Lakers, so Wizards in full youth movement mode).

Lowry-Beal-Thybulle-Harris-Embiid-Championship.

Lowry is going to come home via sign-and-trade for George Hill and Danny Green.  Then the Sixers trade Simmons, Maxey and two firsts for Beal.

i spent the whole trade deadline campaigning for Lowry to come home, but mostly cuz it woulda kept Simmons' head on str8. those two mugs are a str8 lose for the Raptors and Philly cant afford him any other way

i spent the whole trade deadline campaigning for Lowry to come home, but mostly cuz it woulda kept Simmons' head on str8. those two mugs are a str8 lose for the Raptors and Philly cant afford him any other way
They are -- but I feel like if Lowry tells them he is leaving and wants to go to Philly, that the Raptors would make it work for him, after he has done so much for the team and city.

They are -- but I feel like if Lowry tells them he is leaving and wants to go to Philly, that the Raptors would make it work for him, after he has done so much for the team and city.
the Dinos have already made their peace with his departure and its all about that Lowry's actually got one last money grab, so no sympathies. and Spotrac says Danny's a FA and Hill's 10mil (only 1 guaranteed) aint close to enough of the 25+ Lowry's assured of getting. they missed their shot trusting the process.

Lowry is going to come home via sign-and-trade for George Hill and Danny Green.  Then the Sixers trade Simmons, Maxey and two firsts for Beal (and Westbook goes to the Lakers, so Wizards in full youth movement mode).

Looks like a 4 seed to me after Lillard goes to the Heat. 

I guess there are rumblings that Zion is unhappy so that makes some sense that they feel like they need to make moves to try and win now.  Still seems kind of wild that NOP is trading draft assets so they can try and pair their 21 year old star with a PG who is turning 36 next year. 

Nice that Pellies got out from Adams. I haven't looked at contracts but should have freed up money as well. 

Edit: Imagine there's more players involved or Pellies frees up a ton of money.  Pretty sure Adams somehow impossibly got another long term big money deal last off-season
Not sure what Memphis is trying to do here

nor does anyone else, it seems. i must be missing sumn - @ $25mil apiece, i got it right about there.
Here’s what I get: they have 8 guaranteed contracts at $69.8 million. Add in $2.8 for 3 roster slots and $3.0 million for #17 pick. That’s $75.6. Cap of $112.4? That leaves them with $36.8 million.  

Edit: I guess they could make other moves and get low enough for both if they really, really wanted to.

I guess there are rumblings that Zion is unhappy so that makes some sense that they feel like they need to make moves to try and win now.
"History never repeats itself, but it does often rhyme."

Feels like the Pels would learn their lessons from the Anthony Davis experience...guess not.

Multiple sources confirmed Sunday that the Toronto Raptors have emerged as a team with “significant” interest in Simmons. One source close to talks said discussions have not been substantial as of yet. Multiple sources including those close to talks said a proposed framework including Raptors guards Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, OG Anunoby, and the 4th overall pick in Thursday’s draft for Simmons was rejected by Toronto.  [Action Network]

:lmao:

Not sure what Memphis is trying to do here
I guess the Adams and Bledsoe contracts are only two more years so it doesn't really hurt their ability to extend their younger players. Really must like one of the options at #10 who can help space the floor/bench Grayson Allen's face.

Multiple sources confirmed Sunday that the Toronto Raptors have emerged as a team with “significant” interest in Simmons. One source close to talks said discussions have not been substantial as of yet. Multiple sources including those close to talks said a proposed framework including Raptors guards Kyle Lowry, Fred VanVleet, OG Anunoby, and the 4th overall pick in Thursday’s draft for Simmons was rejected by Toronto.  [Action Network]

:lmao:  I saw some reports of this yesterday and couldn't believe it was real. I still kind of don't. Philly may be keeping Simmons after all if that's the kind of package they expect in return for him. 

:lmao:  I saw some reports of this yesterday and couldn't believe it was real. I still kind of don't. Philly may be keeping Simmons after all if that's the kind of package they expect in return for him. 
That is nuts. I wouldn't trade a top 4 pick this year straight up for Simmons and I think it is safe to assuming the top 4 picks are Cade, Mobley, Green, and Suggs in some order. 

The 76ers better come down on their price or they are going to have him going have to keep him and after Embiid calling him out and all the trade rumors it would probably ruin a championship caliber team, at least for a year. 

That is nuts. I wouldn't trade a top 4 pick this year straight up for Simmons and I think it is safe to assuming the top 4 picks are Cade, Mobley, Green, and Suggs in some order. 

The 76ers better come down on their price or they are going to have him going have to keep him and after Embiid calling him out and all the trade rumors it would probably ruin a championship caliber team, at least for a year. 
How long till Embiid starts making noise about an exit if they cannot move Simmons? He only has two years left on his deal and probably doesn't have as long of a window into his 30s.

Which championship caliber team are you referring to?

I don’t understand how a draft pick and the UFA Lowry could be in the same deal logistically. Lowry would have to agree to a sign-and-trade after the player is drafted. 

(Well, I actually know. It’s called tampering.)

Only thing I can think of with the Pelicans trade is that they are going to move Jonas or have him coming off the bench. 
an expiring 14 is a pretty handy thing to have in a trading season (could get a pretty damn good Piston reject widdat) even if he wasnt any good, plus that & Ingram gets em up to Lillardland matchwise, if the Blazers are sick of Nurk.. AND he would be great off the bench for the Pellies. Jax Hayes is coming into his grow-up-or-go-home year (3rd yr is crucial for rimrunners and 3&D guys), Zion likes an initial blow quicker than most, so Hayes & Zion for 5-6 minutes, JVal for 12 w Zion in for the 2nd half of that works.

ETA: the Lillard deal would also leave the Pellies $30mil or so to chase a 3rd prong like DeRozan or Collins or even retain Ball

Is Morey high and I want to know what kind of drug use he's doing because it seems like a fun time. 

How long till Embiid starts making noise about an exit if they cannot move Simmons? He only has two years left on his deal and probably doesn't have as long of a window into his 30s.
Don't think it'll take too long. he already threw Simmons kind of under the bus right after the last game. 

Lonzo Ball will likely sign an offer sheet with the Chicago Bulls, per multiple insiders around the league.

Adrian Wojnarowski confirms the strong mutual interest between the two groups.

Pelicans can match the offer sheet after trading away Eric Bledsoe and Steven Adams. In order to create money for Ball, the Bulls will have to trade Tomas Satoransky and Thaddeus Young.

Derrick Rose and Bulls front office would welcome a reunion, per Adrian Wojnarowski.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread