What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021-22 NBA Thread: Bill Simmons furiously recording 2.5 hour long pod about how Boston is still better than Golden State (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celts Knicks game is highly entertaining. Boston was down 4 with 9 seconds to go and forced OT. Going to 2OT now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: SWC
Shocker the sixers are better when a guy that can't shoot isn't in their lineup
I think they are really high on Maxey. Probably higher than other teams are. After all, the rumor is his inclusion in a Harden deal alongside Simmons was what killed it. They aren’t trading Simmons for someone that they don’t think is better than Maxey IMO. 

Tatum 7 for 28 shooting. Time Lord 16 points, 10 boards, 3 assists, 3 steals, 5 blocks. Knicks up 4 with :22 to go. 

Ugh.  In the 2nd OT, Schroeder missed a layup and Brown missed an uncontested dunk and they lose by 4.  Had like 4 threes on their last possession too, a couple wide open after offensive rebounds.  They were sunk by Tatum chucking despite being ice cold and by conditioning...just had no legs left in the 2nd OT.

The wizards gave up leas points last night than in any game during the Scott brooks era.  That’s like 6 years. Last year regular season they only held their opponents under 100 points two times. So nice to have a coach that isn’t trying to pump the stats of his star players. Team game yesterday.  Granted TOR sucks. But the coaching difference is huge.  

Sixers were 7-7 without Simmons in 20/21
8-8 without him in 19/20
1-2 without him in 18/19.

But hey!! They are 1-0 without him this year!
Simmons took them on a sweet run in '17 as well when Embiid was out for like 16 out of 17 wins to end the season or something. So funny how this Ben Simmons talk is just so hyper-focused, it is almost like trying to discuss Trump in a room of like 100 people

great game at MSG.  Fournier just nailing 3's in the OT's
i caught a little bit of the game, was definitely happy to see Fournier out there helping Randle out and could be a fun year again for NY. Real glad for Fournier after the way last year went to come out of that run with Boston with a nice contract and fitting better on a team

Simmons took them on a sweet run in '17 as well when Embiid was out for like 16 out of 17 wins to end the season or something. So funny how this Ben Simmons talk is just so hyper-focused, it is almost like trying to discuss Trump in a room of like 100 people
It could be the best “second” unit in the league with Ben at point-center surrounded by the shooters and versatility they have now. Could have 4 different really good lineups on this team if Ben wasn’t being a baby. 

Not saying they do, nor that being on the spectrum must have a negative effect on performance. Merely suggesting that great talent, plus the professional Sportsego™ plus subsequent enabling from talent representatives might both hinder an autistic player in meeting their personal growth and interpersonal markers and magnify any difficulties in being coached or integrated into a system.

Honestly unless Ben had parents who wanted to keep certain stuff private a diagnosis on the spectrum is a lot easier these days and if he was we'd know about it already. Unless of corse Ben just thinks he knows better and won't get the help. 

Bens Australia coach speaks on the situation 

Ben Simmons decided not to participate in the Tokyo Olympics, and Australia went on to finish third place without him.

Simmons also decided not to participate for his club team this season, and was kicked out of Sixers practice on Tuesday. All of the drama prompted a response from Australia’s coach Brian Goorjian, who said this via Nic Savage at News.com.au:

“I’m disappointed with Ben Simmons,” Goorjian told SEN Breakfast on Thursday. “I look at it and go God, man, please fix this and let this kid blossom

“It looks unattainable right now, though I don’t know that you can do anything other than (what the 76ers) did.

“You’ve got a guy who needs to be moved, how do you move him?

“That it’s at this point is horrible and I don’t have an answer to how you deal with a situation like that.

“He’s special, and he’s a tremendous talent, and I would love and I hope that the opportunity presents itself or he gets to a situation where he can show who he is.

“He’s also a very good teammate. He’s been criticised … (but) he’s conscious of getting other people involved in the game. It’s what he does.

“It’s not my situation, but I look at the kid as being part of our family.”

Not a lot of Ben supporters left. Some holdout blue checkmarks on Twitter. Contrarian talking heads like Emmanuel Acho. Most of the people who were on Simmons’ side reluctantly gave up when he was tossed from practice the other day, and would probably admit that the situation is beyond untenable. That doesn’t mean the Sixers don’t have some culpability in this, because they certainly do, but it’s hard to defend Ben at this point.

Just wanted to comment on the bolded here but he gets his teammates involved only when he knows there's a chance for an assist to pad his numbers. This is something that was put in multiple scouting reports and Jonathan Giovanni did a great break down on his yahoo article back in March prior to Simmons being drafted. 

Also if Ben was such a great teammate he wouldn't have done what he did to the 76ers. 

This is really unfortunate but on top of everything else Simmons is now dealing with back tightness.  :lol:
But was cleared by the medical staff to participate in the workout.  Which he did not.  Everyone saw this BS coming.  They should just suspend him indefinitely for fraud.  

ouch, this whole Ben Simmons hyper-drama is leaking into other sports. not surprised at all, but of course Eagles players have to be asked their thoughts. Jason Kelce is always one who is a good interviewer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX6ut0d-720&ab_channel=NBCSportsPhiladelphia

He throws Ben under the bus a bit, and unfortunately Jax caught some shrapnel. i do think the points he brings up with Simmons are that people forget when Ben came out the biggest weakness they say he had was that he didn't play defense, and he has raised his level to where he should have been DPOY last year

An obvious play but still a good one.

no, it's like taking the 5th after you've already answered a question. Kawhi's agent did it right - total blockade. "my client is happy to comply with all terms, even tho he is unhappy with the state of the Sixers franchise and his role within it. unfortunately, Mr Simmons sprained an eyelash when he began to cry over the prospect of dunking on those mean old men in last season's playoff and is not yet fully recovered. we will advise on any revision to his medical status. make all checks payable to 'PissyLilThang, inny? LLC' "

He is carrying this thread.
yeah it has been exhausting with all of this drama. Draymond Green said it well the other day when he talked about the NBA media as a whole and said you can turn on all of the mainstream sports shows and all they want to do is talk about this NBA stuff. it is like the created it themselves simply for content, and there is really no X's and O's ever discussed in NBA. 

i really would love to know what conversations are like between Rich Paul and Ben. at this point, his value is decreasing and is on a national level now. Chances are pretty good that he gets traded anywhere and they will boo him at some point (or at least fans won't be excited that their team got him). the decisions being made and the narrative out there is not good for his end game, so i can't fathom why they are continuing on this trek. 

Morey on the radio today apparently:  "People should buckle in, this is going to go a long time . . . if we can trade Simmons for a difference maker, we will do it."

Howard Eskin just posted that the Sixers believe Ben Simmons is faking an injury and mental illness, as he complains of a tight back and that he is not mentally ready to play.  Says the Sixers plan to fine him every game and that they are livid that Simmons has gone down this path (faking injury and claiming mental illness as well).

Brutal to read about it every day.  Bucks destroy the Nets and Warriors beat Lakers — without Klay, with Curry shooting 5-for-21 — but while there was some acknowledgement in here mostly it reverted back to Simmons talk almost immediately.
The NBA has always been a pretty entertaining soap opera.  As far as episodes go, this one is above average.

Brutal to read about it every day.  Bucks destroy the Nets and Warriors beat Lakers — without Klay, with Curry shooting 5-for-21 — but while there was some acknowledgement in here mostly it reverted back to Simmons talk almost immediately.
Only one game.  And with the Nets without Kyrie, it is tough to judge right now.  I do think that the Bucks are better than last season and being totally slept on.  Crazy.

The Lakers are better than what they looked like this week.  Lebron is just amazing.  Hard to find flaws in his game, even at this age.  And AD is just a great player.  Westbrook may or may not fit, but I doubt we see many -23 nights from him.

Embiid is an MVP candidate, and the Sixers were the #1 seed in the East last year.  Them dealing with a 25yr old all-star who cannot shoot, pouting over his feeling being hurt while on year 2 of a 5 year $140MM contract merits discussion.

Morey on the radio today apparently:  "People should buckle in, this is going to go a long time . . . if we can trade Simmons for a difference maker, we will do it."

Howard Eskin just posted that the Sixers believe Ben Simmons is faking an injury and mental illness, as he complains of a tight back and that he is not mentally ready to play.  Says the Sixers plan to fine him every game and that they are livid that Simmons has gone down this path (faking injury and claiming mental illness as well).
i think Howard Eskin is on par as Steven A Smith as a troll who loves clickbait. great how much players, coaches and front offices call him out during press conferences, etc. Morrey had a great one with him when he first came to Philly. 

faking an injury maybe, but funny to consider faking a mental illness. Ben's issues have always been 85% mental, and to try and act like he has the psychological degree to diagnose someone is just silly.  

not just here, all mainstream media as well. 

And they still won the game because of him.  The gravity he has on the floor is just stupid.  LAL still had to guard him as if he is 15-21.

after the bucks curry is my favorite player to watch and then lillard i just really enjoy watching thoaw two then probably doncich and dirantula take that to the bank brohans 

Nice to see the refs really zoned in on the new rules.  Trae Young jerks backwards into Hardaway Jr, and the refs don’t call Young for a foul.  Clearly was a play that the new rule was designed specifically to address.  “Shocking.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread