What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021-22 NBA Thread: Bill Simmons furiously recording 2.5 hour long pod about how Boston is still better than Golden State (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we thinking there's going to be tons of activity tonight in the form of trades, or just teams making picks where they are already slotted? A lot of Thunder fans are expecting something big, but I'm resigned to Bouknight at 6 and two low-floor high-ceiling guys in the teens. Don't think anything major will happen. 

Are we thinking there's going to be tons of activity tonight in the form of trades, or just teams making picks where they are already slotted? A lot of Thunder fans are expecting something big, but I'm resigned to Bouknight at 6 and two low-floor high-ceiling guys in the teens. Don't think anything major will happen. 

I think there will be a lot of activity, just not until after the first 15ish picks. 

Shams: The Lakers and Wizards are discussing a trade that would send Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope for Westbrook, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. The Lakers' No. 22 pick in the Draft could be in play, too.

Should be interesting to see if anyone takes a shot on Cam Reddish.

For the upside he has IMO (he's already there defensively), I'd take a shot on him if have extra pick. 

Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn

Brooklyn has traded guard Landry Shamet to Phoenix for Jevon Carter and the 29th pick in tonight's draft, sources tell ESPN.

4:09 PM · Jul 29, 2021

Shams: The Lakers and Wizards are discussing a trade that would send Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope for Westbrook, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. The Lakers' No. 22 pick in the Draft could be in play, too.

where do I apply for my temporary Lakers fan card? 

They really do think this guy is Harden-caliber. :lol:  https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/263509/Warriors-Reject-76ers-Offer-Of-Ben-Simmons-For-Wiseman-Wiggins-Nos-7-14-Two-Future-Firsts

The Golden State Warriors have rejected an offer from the Philadelphia 76ers of Ben Simmons for James Wiseman, Andrew Wiggins, Nos. 7 and 14 in the 2021 draft, along with two future first round picks.

Golden State reportedly quickly turned down the offer from Philadelphia.

One league executive said the Sixers are making “totally outlandish offers.”

There have been reports of the Sixers requesting similarly large trade packages from the the Toronto Raptors and San Antonio Spurs. 
Hasn’t Morey always had the reputation for being that guy from your fantasy league that spams all the other owners with dumb trades all the time?   

Heard some rumors that OKC offered SGA and 6 to the Pistons for 1 and the Rockets offered 2, 23 and an unprotected 22 first for 1. 

Very happy they were turned down and I love SGA. 

The Lakers are near a deal to acquire Washington's Russell Westbrook for Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and a 2021 first-round pick, sources tell ESPN

Westbrook to the Lakers apparently. Seems like a horrid fit with Lebron. 
On paper it really is. They need more switching athletic 3&D wings. 
Unless Westbrook is going to miraculously turn into a spot-up 3pt shooter or is content playing backup PG, it's a poor fit.

Heard some rumors that OKC offered SGA and 6 to the Pistons for 1 and the Rockets offered 2, 23 and an unprotected 22 first for 1. 

Very happy they were turned down and I love SGA. 

I do not buy OKC's side of that for a second. It's not like SGA is untouchable, there are only a few guys in the league that are, but SGA is what you hope someone like Cunningham can become. 

Most of the mock trades I've seen involving SGA are patently absurd from OKC's side. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Leave it to the Wizards to give us one-half season of fun basketball before tearing down for the rebuild.  And I get that they weren't going far in the playoffs with Russ.  It was at least not soul killing.

The Lakers are near a deal to acquire Washington's Russell Westbrook for Kyle Kuzma, Montrezl Harrell, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and a 2021 first-round pick, sources tell ESPN
Great job by Washington to spin the Wall contract into those more manageable pieces. Does Westbrook on his contract make more sense than Hield on his deal for the Lakers?  I don’t think this terrifies anyone in the Western Conference. 

Westbrook was really really good when he got healthy last year, and LeBron and him have a great relationship. LeBron probably thinks he can reign him in an bit, and if anyone can, it'd be him. I love it for the Lakers. 

Great job by Washington to spin the Wall contract into those more manageable pieces. Does Westbrook on his contract make more sense than Hield on his deal for the Lakers?  I don’t think this terrifies anyone in the Western Conference. 
The buzz from Qunton Mayo is that Kuzma and Harrell are pieces to try to acquire Spencer Dinwiddie.

Juxtatarot said:
So the Hield trade is dead?
Make up your mind Woj!!

It appears the Westbrook "deal" isn't finalized but Westbrook is their primary focus. Feel like a "Big 3" just to "Big 3" no matter the fit. Or a last desperate attempt to keep Lebron relevant.

I hope the Lakers can find some cheap shooting. GLWT

thecatch said:
Hield seems like a better fit to me.

thecatch said:
Yeah I don't like the fit either. 

I'd take Hield (less costly) fit over Westbrook....and maybe try to spin/keep Pope.

caustic said:

Brooklyn has traded guard Landry Shamet to Phoenix for Jevon Carter and the 29th pick in tonight's draft, sources tell ESPN.

:cry: Another reminder that the Suns ACTUALLY passed on Haliburton for some big man named Jaden Smith or something.

I won't hate on this deal itself as Shamu will likely produce more in 2021 than #29 will.

caustic said:

@wojespn

Nets now own pick Nos. 27, 29, 44, 49 and 59 in tonight's draft.
I'll put a decent wager they grab Ayo Dosunmu IF he's available at the end of first (I think he's gone by then but who knows). Gives them an NBA ready defender Day 1 and uncertain future of Bruce Brown. 

Rubio trade makes sense in a lot of ways (forward depth, gets them $5M under the tax) but also doesn't because Rubio was like, Edwards' mentor. Unless this somehow leads to another move I think it sucks.

More proof that the Lakers are one of the worst run organizations in sports, they just happen to fall ### backwards into success because they are the Lakers.

Detroit is finalizing a trade to send C Mason Plumlee and the No. 37 pick to Charlotte for the No. 57 pick, sources tell ESPN.

6:16 PM · Jul 29, 2021

Navin Johnson said:
What exactly is a Euro foul?
Foul given up by a team intentionally, with the sole intention of preventing a fastbreak/number advantage before it gets going.  Typically happens near half court when the defense gets a steal in the passing lane and appears to be off to the races the other way...before somebody runs at them and just fouls the ballhandler with no intention of anything but fouling.  Also happens at times on quick rebounds/ball advancement or long rebounds.

The play rewards intentional fouls, slows the game down, and removes some of the best highlight plays on the other end.  I know which side of that equation I'd rather see rewarded.  Time to get rid of the Euro foul.

Last edited by a moderator:

Detroit is finalizing a trade to send C Mason Plumlee and the No. 37 pick to Charlotte for the No. 57 pick, sources tell ESPN.

6:16 PM · Jul 29, 2021

Plumlee wasn't half bad last year. Not sure if I am happy that they get rid of him cheap or mad that they signed 17 centers last year and are trading the best one for a loss. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread