What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

First Round RB or WR (1 Viewer)

jmble

Footballguy
One point PPR league.  start QB/2RB/2WR/TE/Flex/Def/K

Keepers are

QB Stafford / RB Ekeler, Edmonds, and D Harris / WR AJ Brown, Golladay / TE Tonyan

Common sense strategy says to take McCaffrey or Cook at pick number 2 and go forward.

The draft dominator has it ranked Ridley, McCaffrey, Metcalf, Allen, Cook.  

I only use the draft dominator as a tool and don't follow it verbatim, but I'm curious, would any of you go WR over McCaffrey/Cook at pick number 2?

Last edited by a moderator:
Make your combined draft board and take the guy you have at the top of your list that is still remaining.  If you have it as a WR then take him.  If you have it as Cook/CMC then take one of them. 

Personally i take the RB and hope that Cook is the guy that drops (but I am a Vikes fan so that might be tainting my view).  

As Gally has said, take the top guy, whoever that guy is in your opinion, rather than worrying about position (unless perhaps you were in extreme desperation at some position). As far as how I would rank those guys, McCaffrey would be a mile higher than any WR. Cook would be not too far behind McCaffrey. Then Ridley, then Metcalf.

in agreement with both Eighsse and Gally...  Make your chart, and stick with it.  I have McCaffrey and Cook 1 - 2.  Kamara is a close 3.

Thanks for the responses, you guys didn't say anything too different than what I was already thinking, which is good.

I actually have a feeling about Cook and I kind of hope McCaffrey goes first, because I just can't see myself picking him over McCaffrey.  My "feeling" doesn't outweigh my head.

JWS, I'd have Kamara in the conversation, but he's a keeper in our league.  Our league is part keeper/part dynasty in that you can keep a player drafted in the 10th round or later (or undrafted) on your team forever.  Kamara went undrafted in his rookie season so he is a keeper.  Davante Adams is also a keeper, which is why he's not in the conversation either.

It's a little unusual but we started playing that way 25 years ago and it's stuck.  Makes for fun waiver watching.

JWS, I'd have Kamara in the conversation, but he's a keeper in our league.  Our league is part keeper/part dynasty in that you can keep a player drafted in the 10th round or later (or undrafted) on your team forever.  Kamara went undrafted in his rookie season so he is a keeper.  Davante Adams is also a keeper, which is why he's not in the conversation either.

It's a little unusual but we started playing that way 25 years ago and it's stuck.  Makes for fun waiver watching.
Wow...  interesting concept.  

That's weird. FBG projections have McCaffrey & Cook outscoring those WRs by a healthy margin. I don't get why draft dominator would favor the WRs. I would definitely go RB there.

Draft Dominator factors in your roster when deciding who to take.  Because I already have my keepers in, it believes Ridley will help me more than McAffrey.

It's part of the reason it's nice to use as a guide, but definitely not pick for pick.

Users who are viewing this thread