What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PSA - New version of board software - 4.6 - Plus Dark Mode (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hi Folks,

Keith worked out a lot of bugs and I think we have it ready now. If you don't do anything, you should be seeing the light version of version 4.6 of the forum.

It brings over the updated look of the rest of the www.footballguys.com site.

If you prefer the dark mode, you can scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click on "Theme" and then select Footballguys Dark 4.6.

Apologies for the bumps along the way and thanks for the patience and thanks for being part of Footballguys. 

Update

Thanks for the feedback folks,

I'm sorry but for now, dark mode on mobile is not workable as it has the issue blocking notifications on the header. 

Light mode on mobile will be the only option for now. 

We apologize for the inconvenience there. 

We hope to have a solution at some point but it won't be any time in the next month or so. I'm sorry. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm sorry but for now, dark mode on mobile is not workable as it has the issue blocking notifications on the header. 

We hope to have a solution at some point but it won't be any time in the next month or so. I'm sorry. 

Maybe I am not understanding but I was able to switch to the dark theme on both my IPad and IPhone. What is meant by notifications on the header?

Maybe I am not understanding but I was able to switch to the dark theme on both my IPad and IPhone. What is meant by notifications on the header?

For some folks, the Footballguys header in dark mode covers up the notifications. It does not do this in light mode. 

that's our copy of the site for staging new changes (there aren't any there right now!)

how did you come across that URL? There shouldn't be any links to it anywhere, as it would be confusing to use (different user databases etc!)
I'm a tech dinosaur, so bear with me.

I'm in this Thread in the Shark Pool right now, responding to you.

Upper Left Corner is the Logo+'FOOTBALLGUYS' - when I scroll over that, or click it to try and leave the Forums and get back to the FBG's Home Page, that's what I see, and that's where it sends me.

It's a bit annoying to be honest. Every time it happens, I have to close the window, reopen and re-enter the site, otherwise everything I see (news, articles etc...aren't current).

:shrug:

I'm a tech dinosaur, so bear with me.

I'm in this Thread in the Shark Pool right now, responding to you.

Upper Left Corner is the Logo+'FOOTBALLGUYS' - when I scroll over that, or click it to try and leave the Forums and get back to the FBG's Home Page, that's what I see, and that's where it sends me.

It's a bit annoying to be honest. Every time it happens, I have to close the window, reopen and re-enter the site, otherwise everything I see (news, articles etc...aren't current).

:shrug:
thanks - are you using the dark theme or the light theme? I'm on light and it's linking correctly to the right place for me!

Simon Shepherd said:
thanks. @Memphis Foundry has got this one filed with invision so it should be fixed up soon. Thanks again for letting us know!
Still having a difficult time with the Forums from my laptop. Takes a long time to access, then there's a big long vertical list of links I have to scroll down through to get to the Forums, and when I click on a Forum to enter, same thing happens when I finally get there. Big long vertical list of links. When I scroll over the links, they are all links to the 'staging' site, and if I click on them, after a long delay, I get a 'taking too long to respond' type of message. I'm operating in dark theme. Light theme is not very tolerable, but in light theme, everything works. All other open windows on my laptop work and work fast. I have logged out, and back in. No change. I have closed window and reopened. No change. I have not shut down or restarted my computer, and I'd prefer not to, as this is the only window/site giving me issues. Just fyi.

Still having a difficult time with the Forums from my laptop. Takes a long time to access, then there's a big long vertical list of links I have to scroll down through to get to the Forums, and when I click on a Forum to enter, same thing happens when I finally get there. Big long vertical list of links. When I scroll over the links, they are all links to the 'staging' site, and if I click on them, after a long delay, I get a 'taking too long to respond' type of message. I'm operating in dark theme. Light theme is not very tolerable, but in light theme, everything works. All other open windows on my laptop work and work fast. I have logged out, and back in. No change. I have closed window and reopened. No change. I have not shut down or restarted my computer, and I'd prefer not to, as this is the only window/site giving me issues. Just fyi.
If you go to the default white theme it works. I was having that problem also, seems to be only in dark mode.

Right, this problem is not solely limited to mobile, which is how it was portrayed by @Joe Bryant in a couple posts above. I have seen it on iPhone, iMac, and Windows laptop. 

@Joe Bryant....I keep getting signed out/logged out every time I switch pages on my IPad etc.....also logged out if I leave the site even though I check the "remember me" box, etc....can't make a post etc.....basically had no access to the site all weekend...had to do that funky "I am not a robot thing" and pick pictures with stop lights in them or whatever.....on my regular computer here at work, it is fine....I had also got some strange message about my account being locked for like 20 minutes or something cause someone was trying to log in with my iPad from some other location in Denver with a zip code that was close to mine but off by one digit....(I don't live in Denver)...received emails saying my account was locked for awhile, etc....

@Joe Bryant....I keep getting signed out/logged out every time I switch pages on my IPad etc.....also logged out if I leave the site even though I check the "remember me" box, etc....can't make a post etc.....basically had no access to the site all weekend...had to do that funky "I am not a robot thing" and pick pictures with stop lights in them or whatever.....on my regular computer here at work, it is fine....I had also got some strange message about my account being locked for like 20 minutes or something cause someone was trying to log in with my iPad from some other location in Denver with a zip code that was close to mine but off by one digit....(I don't live in Denver)...received emails saying my account was locked for awhile, etc....

Sorry but no idea what that would be. You're talking about logging into the forums here, right? Not the Footballguys.com site for fantasy football content. (Those are two completely separate things).

It could be more trouble Invision was having that causing you trouble. 

Users who are viewing this thread