What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PSA - New version of board software - 4.6 - Dark Mode Now Not Available (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Hi Folks,

Keith worked out a lot of bugs and I think we have it ready now. If you don't do anything, you should be seeing the light version of version 4.6 of the forum.

It brings over the updated look of the rest of the www.footballguys.com site.

If you prefer the dark mode, you can scroll down to the very bottom of the page and click on "Theme" and then select Footballguys Dark 4.6.

Apologies for the bumps along the way and thanks for the patience and thanks for being part of Footballguys. 

Update:

Thanks for the feedback folks,

I'm sorry but for now, dark mode on mobile is not workable as it has the issue blocking notifications on the header. 

Light mode on mobile will be the only option for now. 

We apologize for the inconvenience there. 

We hope to have a solution at some point but it won't be any time in the next month or so. I'm sorry. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I kind of like the font and overall look though. Still wish the font when reading was larger for old eyes on Android though. It's fine when composing but when reading is very tiny.

The font is the only thing I have an issue with. Other than that, Keith has done a great job.  :thumbup:

ETA: Yeah, the access to dms and the like is still covered up by the main FBG banner when you expand it to the left. 

iPhone 11 Pro

Safari 

iOS 14.7

Thanks @krista4 Pretty discouraging overall but I think we're going to have to accept this is where it is for a bit. We can work on dark mode for mobile when we get the footballguys site settled on some other things. We gave it a good shot. 

There will always be little quirks that won't be ideal, but this is a big improvement.  Also, I don't know if anyone mentioned in the many "technical issues" threads, but I noticed recently that the search function works again, which is huge.   Thanks for posting to find out what issues people were seeing and responding to make it better!  It's not something you guys have to do, so I greatly appreciate you, Keith, and others working on it.

I'm sorry but for now, dark mode on mobile is not workable as it has the issue blocking notifications on the header. 

We hope to have a solution at some point but it won't be any time in the next month or so. I'm sorry. 

Did this change because I'm using dark mode on mobile right now. 

This is the whitest thing I've ever seen. Its like white-quintupled.

Won't lie, I kind of like it, but pretty sure my opinion will change.

Losing multi-quote is a huge fail.

Need to restore the "community bar" concept on the top of page for direct link to the neglected forums like IDP and this one.

Might just be me - but Dark Mode seems busted.

It locked up my browser all afternoon - both Safari and Chrome, and both desktop and mobile. It would load half-way, and then lock-up, with the formatting all out of whack, and unable to post anything. Finally got enough access to change the settings to default.

@Joe Bryant

Mister CIA said:
This is the whitest thing I've ever seen. Its like white-quintupled.

Won't lie, I kind of like it, but pretty sure my opinion will change.
A.  What is, the makeup of the FBGs forums?
B.  What is, @General Malaise shirtless?
C.  What is, frisbee golf players?

• Laughing
Reactions: Ned
Might just be me - but Dark Mode seems busted.

It locked up my browser all afternoon - both Safari and Chrome, and both desktop and mobile. It would load half-way, and then lock-up, with the formatting all out of whack, and unable to post anything. Finally got enough access to change the settings to default.

@Joe Bryant
Locked up lap top all day.  Still won't get on.  Those behind the scenes advertising sites just won't load

No issue on mobile. 

Locked up lap top all day.  Still won't get on.  Those behind the scenes advertising sites just won't load

No issue on mobile. 
I eventually got the page to load enough that it allowed me into the theme settings.  First time it crashed right away, but the 2nd time I got the switch to stick.

I had tried clearing the cache, cookies, everything - but no luck until just recently.

Mobile was the same, until I switched the settings for my account, now I can get on, and light up the backyard at the same time.

I eventually got the page to load enough that it allowed me into the theme settings.  First time it crashed right away, but the 2nd time I got the switch to stick.

I had tried clearing the cache, cookies, everything - but no luck until just recently.

Mobile was the same, until I switched the settings for my account, now I can get on, and light up the backyard at the same time.
LOL...   I had it work on mobile all day until I made the post above. Frozen on mobile since then.

Just changed to white and seems to be ok.

Sorry Folks. Not sure what caused any of that. We'll look but it seems like we may be without dark mode for a while. 

Pretty much the same here. Had to be able to sign in to get to theme. Cleared settings, cache, ran updates on iOS and even tried Windows 10 desktop. Everything jammed up since last night whenever I tried to log in. Just now got in far enough to go back to EtchedRetinas 4.6, but at least I am back in.

Pretty much the same here. Had to be able to sign in to get to theme. Cleared settings, cache, ran updates on iOS and even tried Windows 10 desktop. Everything jammed up since last night whenever I tried to log in. Just now got in far enough to go back to EtchedRetinas 4.6, but at least I am back in.
It's sooooooooooo white.

Sorry Folks. Not sure what caused any of that. We'll look but it seems like we may be without dark mode for a while. 
Serious Question:  
I don’t check the FFA forum as much during Football season. And I also had massive login problems because my phone was set to Dark Mode……but finally got it fixed via desktop.   But I don’t want to go thru that again. 

How will we know when the Dark Mode Returns?

Just came looking to see why dark mode is gone. The banner thing was an annoyance but toggling back and forth was a work around. Now it's just blinding white. Were there other issues that came up besides the banner thing to take away dark mode completely?

Users who are viewing this thread