What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ryder Cup... anybody been? (1 Viewer)

playin4beer

Footballguy
Me and three buddies are heading to Whistling Straits in September.  I have Sunday tickets only.. We are going for the weekend..

Any do's or don'ts as far as the tournament itself??  I mean besides being an obnoxious American and heckling the Europeans...

Me and three buddies are heading to Whistling Straits in September.  I have Sunday tickets only.. We are going for the weekend..

Any do's or don'ts as far as the tournament itself??  I mean besides being an obnoxious American and heckling the Europeans...
Went when it was in Minnesota recently. Easily the best sporting event I've ever been to. My buddy had VIP tent tickets, so got to eat lunch and take pictures with Jack Nicklaus and a handful of others. 24-oz Coors Light cans was another highlight. 

Sunday would be the best day to go. I went in MN on Friday and there are only 4 groups on the course so it’s really hard to see. Depends on if you want to see the entire course but If I were you, I’d stake out a place on like #2 or #3 and watch all groups come through then head to a key hole on the back 9- maybe #17; to see them all come through again? 

I went for the whole event at Hazeltine.  Once we had tickets and the airbnb set up there wasn't too much to think about.  Great fun.  Loved how much the euro's were into it. Some phenomenal outfits and the guys were partying their asses off.  We walked all around vs sitting at any one hole.  No real do's and don'ts.  It's an epic event - enjoy!

Went Sat/Sun 1999 in Brookline. Snuck in Sat, scalped a ticket Sunday, best sporting event I’ve ever been to. When I first got in Sat am me and my buddy wormed our way to the ropes along the 9th green and ended up shoulder to shoulder with Michael Jordan, Mario Lemieux, and John Elway, each of them chomping on the biggest/fattest stogies I’ve ever seen. Cool start to an awesome weekend. 

I attended Saturday at Valhalla (Louisville, KY) in 2008.  I'm not even a huge golf fan, but it was 2 hours away from my house so I entered the ticket lottery and scored tickets.  I talked to some others later and realized I got pretty lucky to even get the tickets in the first place.  My brother and I went and had an awesome time.  The crowds were pretty raucous and fun overall. 

Cool side-note.  After the event was over I was emailed a short survey which I submitted.  A week or so later I got an email that I had won a golf bag and they asked for my shipping address and sent me a fancy Calloway Ryder Cup embroidered bag.  So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.  😁

Went every day in 2004 and 2016. Great time. Being there only one day changes the plan immensely. Set your priorities and have a strategy. Have fun!

We have tickets for Thur and Fri. I bought a tickets/hotel/transportation/upgrade to International Pavillion. The hotel is in Fond du lac, Hotel Retlaw.  The package was from Primesport.

I received a recent email that Primesport is now "On Location". All tickets will be hard copies and mailed out in early Sept.

We're road tripping from FL. And leaving around 9/14. Drive north for 3 days and then spend a couple days in the Apostle Islands (wife loves to hike).

Then GB for a MNF game vs Lions. Cross the Tundra off the bucket.

Hit the Dells for some more hiking. 

Ryder for 2 days, another bucket. TH and FR.

MWK for a brewers game (bucket 3) as I will only have 10 MLB parks left to hit.

Users who are viewing this thread