What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need a scanner that can email docs (1 Viewer)

I have the Brother MFCL2720DW.  It will scan to email or Drive, Box, etc. through the shortcuts options. It works fine but IIRC it was a bit non-intuitive to set up initially.

• Thanks
Reactions: KGB
My brother recently retired as a sales rep specializing in scanners.  I'm far from an expert but many all-in-one scanners have ethernet and 'scan-to-mail' as part of their standard apps.

I did a quick search to find THIS one.

I would suggest talking to someone who could find the best one that suits your needs but it 'seems' like e-mail-to-scan is a standard application for all-in-one scanners.  You may already have that feature if you have an all-in-one scanner.

• Thanks
Reactions: KGB
Any good bang for the buck on amazon?
Use your phone? If you have an iPhone, I’ve been using Scanner Pro for years. Does a great job scanning multiple pages and sending a PDF however you want. It was a free app day way back at the start of iPhones so not sure how much it costs now, probably a few bucks. It saves all your old scans as well. Pretty sure it’ll do fax for a fee as well. My printer has a scanner too which I can use to get the docs on my laptop and then email but I use the app way more. Much faster and works really well. Easy to retake if you can’t hold your phone right and it even now senses the paper and snaps the picture scan without you pressing the button.

Use your phone? If you have an iPhone, I’ve been using Scanner Pro for years. Does a great job scanning multiple pages and sending a PDF however you want. It was a free app day way back at the start of iPhones so not sure how much it costs now, probably a few bucks. It saves all your old scans as well. Pretty sure it’ll do fax for a fee as well. My printer has a scanner too which I can use to get the docs on my laptop and then email but I use the app way more. Much faster and works really well. Easy to retake if you can’t hold your phone right and it even now senses the paper and snaps the picture scan without you pressing the button.
People always list the ~50 things they no longer use because their phone has replaced that functionality, but this may be one of the absolute biggest to me. Never having to find, purchase, maintain a scanner/fax machine is amazing. The fact that it not only scans the document but makes it drop dead easy to backup every scanned document online that you can access anywhere is just icing on the cake. 

On Android I've been using "Notebloc" and absolutely love it.

Love the phone idea.  I needed to be able to scan 20+ pages and this is easier.

I have used PDF Scanner on my iphone.  Pretty simple, but I could see a dedicated scanner still being useful if you have to scan large numbers of pages as a single document.  

Same thing. I use Genius Scan.

This. I love and use scanner pro. 

Users who are viewing this thread