What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Washing machines question (1 Viewer)

Cjw_55106

Footballguy
We have a front loading Samsung washing machine. Over the past week, the machine started shaking violently during the spin cycle and several pieces of the rubber Gasket that is just inside the door have been shredded and are laying in the machine. I’m hoping someone might know, if I replace this gasket is it just going to get shredded again? Is there likely another issue that caused this?

Not as sure about front loaders but for old machines it sounds like a counterweight is loose or disconnected. 

That is an easy fix, turn over the machine, find the screw/bolt and tighten it.

Not sure about front loaders but I imagine they also have a counterweight to offset uneven loads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cjw_55106 said:
We have a front loading Samsung washing machine. Over the past week, the machine started shaking violently during the spin cycle and several pieces of the rubber Gasket that is just inside the door have been shredded and are laying in the machine. I’m hoping someone might know, if I replace this gasket is it just going to get shredded again? Is there likely another issue that caused this?
Well, the gasket didn't shred itself. So yes, there is a root cause that must be discovered and remedied before just replacing the shredded gasket will solve the problem. Unless you are washing knives. If you are washing knives, perhaps take them to the laundromat?

Open the back and inspect the 4 shocks at bottom of tub, could also possibly be the balancing rings.  There could be something else besides these but by opening the back you can troubleshoot visually.  HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
Open the back and inspect the 4 shocks at bottom of tub, could also possibly be the balancing rings.  There could be something else besides these but by opening the back you can troubleshoot visually.  HTH
Thanks. The shocks seems to be the best first check. 

Cjw_55106 said:

Whenever I have an appliance issue I just go to youtube and google my appliance name and the issue.  99/100 the first hit shows how to fix it or shows you if it's too much a PITA to do yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjRUp8bPo40

I did remove the lower left shock which is the easiest to get to. Unfortunately, I’m not sure if it’s bad or not

My front loading door gasket was getting twisted. One spring has\d broken. Ended up replacing the spring suspending the tub. Everything is fine now.

Had a similar issue.   In my case where the back of the tub connects to the mechanism that causes it to turn,that was all worn out so it wasnt spinning smoothly.   Really wasnt worth it to replace.  Between the cost of the part and time it wouldve taken to replace, just decided to get a new washer 

When this happened the piece that holds the drum snapped. It was going to be like 400 in parts.  So I just bought a new one

I’ve been told by multiple people that should know that Samsung appliances are not great. If it needs to be replaced I would recommend you look into other brands. 

The people that should know: buddy that worked at Lowe’s when I was looking at appliances and two realtors talking to me about home warranty’s, specifically that I would need a home warranty because the appliances that were conveying were Samsung. 

I’ve been told by multiple people that should know that Samsung appliances are not great. If it needs to be replaced I would recommend you look into other brands. 

The people that should know: buddy that worked at Lowe’s when I was looking at appliances and two realtors talking to me about home warranty’s, specifically that I would need a home warranty because the appliances that were conveying were Samsung. 
Thanks. The unit was in the home when I bought it

BTW, I have heard the same that basically all Samsung appliances are crap, unlike their TVs and monitors which I swear by.

Users who are viewing this thread