What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matt Ryan Trade value (1 Viewer)

football fan

Footballguy
Hi All,

I picked up an orphan team that is PPR scoring, start 1 QB with IDPs and large rosters. This team barely made the playoffs last year, but was eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. My RBs are ok, not great, and my WRs are good to very good, and TEs are ok to good. My IDPs are ok, but a little weak because they lack difference makers. IDP scoring is tackle heavy scoring and not big play scoring.

We have our rookie only draft real soon, my QBs are: Matthew Stafford, Ben Roethlisbeger, and Drew Lock.

Out of no where, this other owner offers me Matt Ryan for my 2.7, my initial reaction is jump all over this offer, is my initials reaction correct? I definitely am suffering from shock from receiving this offer. I know Ryan is no spring chicken, but I believe there is good value for at least a few years with this trade, am I correct?

Thanks for all input.

I do not see any reason to trade for Matt Ryan. He averaged about 18 points a game depending on your scoring. That’s somewhere between Trubisky and Cousins. Of course he’s losing Julio as well. He has zero upside for a team that is barely a playoff contender.

I do not see any reason to trade for Matt Ryan. He averaged about 18 points a game depending on your scoring. That’s somewhere between Trubisky and Cousins. Of course he’s losing Julio as well. He has zero upside for a team that is barely a playoff contender.
You are correct, Matt Ryan averaged 18.46 points per game in my league last year. Thanks, your response is making me think more because I never participated in a rookie only draft, I did have concerns of what value would be available at 2.7 draft slot, I guess I was underestimating the value at 2.7 draft pick slot.

You are correct, Matt Ryan averaged 18.46 points per game in my league last year. Thanks, your response is making me think more because I never participated in a rookie only draft, I did have concerns of what value would be available at 2.7 draft slot, I guess I was underestimating the value at 2.7 draft pick slot.
Yeah no way for a 2nd rounder, but I do disagree on the upside. Yes Julio is gone but Julio never caught TDs for some reason. Remember they added Pitts, so I definitely see Ryan scoring more than he did last year because I expect more TDs, but not for a second. I’d counter with a lower round and see if he’ll settle more in the 5-6 round range. I would bite there. 

Stafford and Ryan for all intents and purposes are the same.  I would keep the 2.07 and depending how things go you should be able to get a stud LB, QB or a WR value that falls.  Keep the pick for sure.

In a start 1QB league, I wouldn't bother at all with this.  You have Stafford and Roethlisberger.  Keep the pick, unless you plan on trading away Stafford?

Matt Ryan is being drafted between rookie 30 & rookie 31 in non-IDP startups, which puts his consensus value at pick 3.07 rather than 2.07. IDP would bump him down farther.

In redraft he's going as QB15, a few slots behind Stafford, which doesn't have a ton of value in 12-team 1 QB leagues. And he's not the kind of guy who's worth more in dynasty.

Users who are viewing this thread