What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tik Tok stars getting music record deals. (1 Viewer)

eoMMan

Footballguy
This seems to be the thing now. I guess labels are looking for talent on Tik Tok as well as YouTube.

Examples:

Bella Poarch

Loren Grey

The more you know.

I have an old account that I hope nobody ever finds. I took it out as a joke and it got serious responses. Hoo boy. I joined because back then it was the music vehicle for underground artists. What a cluster it turned out to be. 

Facebook is much more palatable to modern sensibilities and rightfully took its place. 

LOL LOL LOL LOL. 

eoMMan said:
This seems to be the thing now. I guess labels are looking for talent on Tik Tok as well as YouTube.
Used to be places like Cafe Wha, the Troubadour and CBGBs, now it’s TikTok. Not much different. 

Bedroom music is individual. Bands need clubs and spaces to practice outside the home. Probably why we're seeing tons of solo artists and fewer bands break it. Perhaps I'm just not following, but I think the medium of YouTube and Soundcloud has led to that as well. 

Favors the independent producer/songwriter. Largely females, as they're generally the ones whose muse is loneliness in a bedroom or musing about the day there. No accident the big TikTok/Soundcloud stars are people like Billie Eilish/Lorde, or the Lily Allens of MySpace lore. See, e.g., the females mentioned here. But also rappers on the male side. Regardless, pretty singular stuff. The collaborators need space to practice and hone, bounce ideas off of others in the immediate vicinity, and they don't seem to be getting it with the skyrocketing of city rents and the like. Seems to be very few talked about scenes, more bedroom stuff. 

That sort of music is nice, but I think the mediums through which music is encouraged lacks a "take the world" mentality many rock and hip hop groups and troupes developed via touring, gathering, getting together, etc. Less of those spaces around these days, it seems. And it seems the "take the world" mentality is frowned upon as a normative judgment within art, with the zeitgeist stuffed with more democratic, less bombastic, artists.

That's just me spitballing, but usually in the past, you'd hear of scenes, bands, etc. Now it's singer/songwriters and the like. Which might be nice if one has something to say, but I've seen a bunch of music that doesn't. Lorde certainly being an exception to that rule. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread