What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper League Question (1 Viewer)

LRSmitty79

Footballguy
12 team  .5 PPR Keeper league where you keep 12 with no penalties.  Would you hold onto a hurt Akers as RB4 for the future or use the last spot for Goedert (TE2) or Z Moss (RB4)? 

I keep Akers.  The potential is much better than Goedert or Moss.  It's your 12th player.....go with the ceiling (even though the ceiling is probably a 15% chance).  

This is tough.  I am a little higher on Goedert than most (I think).  If Philly ends up trading Ertz, then I'd be keeping Goedert.  Goedert is rounding into form and right around that 3 and 4 year mark is when you typically see things click for TE's.  However, if Ertz stays put, then I think I'm crossing my fingers and going with Akers.  But even if Ertz stays, I think I could easily be swayed towards Goedert.

I play in a keep 12 as well.

When I'm down to my last couple spots I try to figure out where I think I can get them and what pick would I be willing to give for them. As well as, the make up of my team. If I'm competitive now to a certain extent I'll worry about the following year then and choose who helps my team now.

I'm slightly leaning toward Goedert, but I like carrying 2 TEs when some don't.

All good points.  It's been a toss up between keeping Akers for the hope he rebounds from this vs Goedert (although I'd feel better if Ertz was gone).  I'd like to have another RB to keep as with only 3 I'm keeping and most to probably all of the top Rookies being taken before I get a pick in our draft, it's going to be slim for depth.

Users who are viewing this thread