What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oh, Canada!!! (1 Viewer)

snogger

Footballguy
I know it has been almost two years since US Citizens could drive across the border into Canada but...

a 7 HOUR WAIT!?!?!?!?!!?!?

:eek:

Glad we decided to wait until this Friday to drive up.. hoping by then they get their stuff together!

Looks like yesterday was just a mad rush as things look MUCH better today:

Wait times : Fort Frances, ON/International Falls, MN
Last updated:
2021-08-10 09:49 CDT    15 minutes

Friday can't get here soon enough :excited:

Looks like yesterday was just a mad rush as things look MUCH better today:

Wait times : Fort Frances, ON/International Falls, MN
Last updated:
2021-08-10 09:49 CDT    15 minutes

Friday can't get here soon enough :excited:
So Americans can return from Canada without a problem now?

So Americans can return from Canada without a problem now?

I certainly hope so. I'd hate to get stuck watching football that has two 50 yard lines.
Yes, Americans can come back and always could...  at least until august 21st Canadians, and other non-US Citizens cannot drive to the USA. 

it is quite the "Cluster----" ...  They all can fly in, and always could.. But god forbid they :drive:  across. 

Where are you guys getting your rapid test done and is your insurance paying for it?

@snogger
Sorry, was in Canada so didn't see this ;)

I got my test done at my local Health Partners clinic.. I actually ended up getting tested twice.
Canada requires your test to be done within 72 hours of crossing and there was an outside chance that we wouldn't be able to cross due to my Cousin's work schedule on the planned day, so I got retested to cover..
I didn't get charged for either test, and both came back negative :thumbup:  

So, crossing is a little of a pain.. but if you prepare you can cross in less then 5 minutes.
We pulled up to the border crossing and got behind a Semi hauling wood back to Canada. We finished filling out the App before we got there... When we got there, handed them our passports, vaccine card and Covid tests. They asked a few normal questions( Where you going, what you doing, how long you staying, etc..) and waved us through.. 

Coming home was even easier.. handed them our passports, answered the normal questions ( What are you brining back, where were you, etc..)
From the time we pulled up to the window and left it was less then 3 minutes. 

Heading back up there September 26th to close out the Cabin.. Well, that is as long as they don't close it again :oldunsure:  

So, crossing is a little of a pain.. but if you prepare you can cross in less then 5 minutes.
We pulled up to the border crossing and got behind a Semi hauling wood back to Canada. We finished filling out the App before we got there... When we got there, handed them our passports, vaccine card and Covid tests. They asked a few normal questions( Where you going, what you doing, how long you staying, etc..) and waved us through.. 

Coming home was even easier.. handed them our passports, answered the normal questions ( What are you brining back, where were you, etc..)
From the time we pulled up to the window and left it was less then 3 minutes. 

Heading back up there September 26th to close out the Cabin.. Well, that is as long as they don't close it again :oldunsure:  
We did everything including the Entercan thing before we left. Got to border with probably 20 cars in front us. 1 lane of maybe 10 lanes open

🙄

Awhile later they opened another. By the time we hit our turn we were in line an hour. The usual questions, 4 of us. Guy decided to pull us aside and background check me because I hadn’t been in Canada in 30ish years.

Sat for another hour til they brought our passports out and said we could leave. 2 hours total.
🙄

Coming back we were in line for about 10 minutes and at the window for maybe 5

Users who are viewing this thread