What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashod Bateman, BAL (1 Viewer)

This sounds un-good

”NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Lamar Jackson will try to play through a non-COVID virus in Week 11 against the Bears.

Jackson will likely be active as he was spotted at the stadium and is reportedly making an effort to play. However, Rapoport added that "he's not really himself." If he does play, expect a lighter-than-usual workload for the young quarterback. He'll be closer to the back half of the QB1 cohort if he's active this week. Tyler Huntley is his backup and would be a mid-QB2 if he draws the start.”

This sounds un-good

”NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Lamar Jackson will try to play through a non-COVID virus in Week 11 against the Bears.

Jackson will likely be active as he was spotted at the stadium and is reportedly making an effort to play. However, Rapoport added that "he's not really himself." If he does play, expect a lighter-than-usual workload for the young quarterback. He'll be closer to the back half of the QB1 cohort if he's active this week. Tyler Huntley is his backup and would be a mid-QB2 if he draws the start.”
He's just straight out

I was really really excited to start him with Brown out.  Still leaning his direction buy Aiyuk is now tempting.  Still don't feel comfortable with Toney as a basement option

I've just never seen Huntley, so I have no idea what Bateman might be dealing with now. 
He had an amazing preseason game with like 400+ / 3 TD or something. But again, that was against future insurance salesmen. 

ETA: that said; I’m starting Carr & D.Jones over him in my Dynasty superflex (that I don’t care about winning in) 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking they have to pass more without Lamar and that Bateman is  the likely beneficiary. Even very weak QBs are usually okay for their lead receiver. Going Bateman over Goedert and Golladay at flex.

Still seems like some big play opportunities could be available though, doesn't it? From what I understand, Huntley is also a pretty good runner. Just takes one good shot for Bateman to have a good game. With the running threat and Andrews there, could be a lot of green grass in the secondary.

Still seems like some big play opportunities could be available though, doesn't it? From what I understand, Huntley is also a pretty good runner. Just takes one good shot for Bateman to have a good game. With the running threat and Andrews there, could be a lot of green grass in the secondary.
 Big plays coming for the Bears D!

Have a feeling about Bateman and leaving him in my lineup.

Other options are  Mooney, Nico Collins, Pringle. 

Justin Jefferson and Pittman are my other starters. Kupp on bye

I just dropped Elijah Moore for him. Kind of feel like Im gonna regret it. I know Bateman has the better supporting cast but Moore just seems like he has that "it" factor and will have a great second half while Bateman seems more solid, steady performer but no blowup potential.
I regretted when I did it and regret it more even now

What is frustrating to me is if you watch the games he clearly has talent but is only on the field half the time.  For some reason they play Watkins and Duvernay as much or more.  Add in that Lamar locks in on only Andrews or Brown and you have to just hope he does something on his 4-6 targets.

Snap count percentage for last week

Bateman 44%

Watkins  43%

Duvernay  43%

Brown  75%

Last edited by a moderator:
What is frustrating to me is if you watch the games he clearly has talent but is only on the field half the time.  For some reason they play Watkins and Duvernay as much or more.  Add in that Lamar locks in on only Andrews or Brown and you have to just hope he does something on his 4-6 targets.

Snap count percentage for last week

Bateman 44%

Watkins  43%

Duvernay  43%

Brown  75%

There's really no reason to limit Bateman that much, unless he's not fully healthy yet. The dude is a vacuum and runs great routes.

This is why I didn’t draft this guy in dynasty.   With Lamar he has limited value.  I know he’s a rookie, but a different team would have been ideal.  

They clearly trusted Watkins and Duvernay more down the stretch today. I still think the 2 plays he messed up last week, one causing an INT, played a role. Jackson doesn't trust him at the moment, so they are not calling plays for him.

He's still a dynasty hold imo, but only a Brown injury would really vault him into WR2/3 territory.

Rashod Bateman did not catch his only target in the Ravens' Week 13 loss to the Steelers. 

It was borderline stunning usage for the rookie, who ran behind Sammy Watkins (three catches, 39 yards, TD) and Devin Duvernay (two catches for 21 yards). Bateman's emergence as Marquise Brown's sidekick, it turns out, was premature, and it appears Watkins is the team's preferred WR2 option. Bateman only had 60 receiving yards over his past two games coming into Week 13. He can't be trusted as anything more than a WR4 next week against Cleveland. 

Dec 5, 2021, 10:01 PM ET

I don't like Jackson as a throwing QB and he relies too much on Andrews and Brown is his buddy.  Not a good look for Bateman, but I do think he's the best WR on that roster.

Instant success is never a guarantee between any QB and rookie WR. Plus the dude missed a LOT of time.

What were the realistic (not optimistic) expectations for Bateman is season?

Instant success is never a guarantee between any QB and rookie WR. Plus the dude missed a LOT of time.

What were the realistic (not optimistic) expectations for Bateman is season?
I figured that if he was going to be their number 1 of the future we would see big flashes of that by the later part of this season. Not so much.

But even though I think there is *some* truth to the narrative that rookie faceplanters don't emerge later, I do think injuries and unique offseasons (covid) can be the more compelling factors and that there is hope. If he fades and keeps trending downward for the rest of 2021 he will certainly still get a big chance to come in and be the number 1 next year.

As for Baltimore, I think they wanted and expected him to be the number 1 and for them to open their passing game up more. They largely have done so this year. But Jackson is struggling. Maybe they will never have enough targets for someone like Bateman. I didn't draft him in dynasty because of the Ravens. Even though I am somewhat bullish. 

As for Baltimore, I think they wanted and expected him to be the number 1 and for them to open their passing game up more. They largely have done so this year. But Jackson is struggling. Maybe they will never have enough targets for someone like Bateman. I didn't draft him in dynasty because of the Ravens. Even though I am somewhat bullish. 

Whatever strategy MIA used in that Thursday nighter... Lamar had better figure it out. He looked very confused at times yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread