What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings Marketplace - NFTs (1 Viewer)

eoMMan

Footballguy
Anyone see that email this morning from DraftKings regarding their Marketplacefor NFTs?

It read:

DraftKings Marketplace is officially LIVE, and proud to team up with Autograph to be their exclusive distributor of NFT content from the world's most prominent athletes.

The Preseason Access Collection will be the first series of drops for purchase on DraftKings Marketplace which begins with Tom Brady, followed by other sports icons like Wayne Gretzky, and more! Anyone with a verified DraftKings account will have the ability to buy and re-sell their NFTs on the secondary market. Plus, purchasers of these NFTs will also earn preferential access to a future drop.

The first of 5 Tom Brady Premier NFT drops starts TOMORROW at 3 PM ET and runs through 7 PM ET with 10,125 collectibles available from $12 - $100.

Join each drop by the specified time for your chance to purchase. Once joined, you'll be added to the waiting room where everyone will be assigned a place in the queue at the specified drop time. Once it is your turn, you can complete your NFT purchase.

PLUS, snagging an NFT from this Preseason Access Collection also gives you preferential access to a future drop. Don’t miss out!

PREPARE FOR THE FIRST DROP
1: Navigate to DraftKings Marketplace and learn about Drops, Purchases, & more.
2: 🌟 Verify your account ahead of time 🌟
3. Join each drop when the waiting room opens and wait for your spot in line!

Pro Tip: We recommend depositing ahead of time so you're ready to complete your purchase when it is your turn.

Anyone jumping in? Strategies?

I was going to try and do the first one since I have some money over in Draftkings.  $12 for one of 5000 Tom Brady NFTs.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Just looked and 572 (out of 5000) of these things are currently listed for sale.  There is a 15% commission you have to pay on the sale.  Prices range from $170 up to $69,696,696.69 for #69. 

I don't see a way to find out at what price any of these actually sold at or how many may have sold.

needanap said:
Just looked and 572 (out of 5000) of these things are currently listed for sale.  There is a 15% commission you have to pay on the sale.  Prices range from $170 up to $69,696,696.69 for #69. 

I don't see a way to find out at what price any of these actually sold at or how many may have sold.
That's pretty sweet though if you snagged it for only $12 (assuming you successfully flip it for $170).

needanap said:

They were 12 bucks.

Well, I guess anything that increases the number of suckers eager to throw their money away is a positive in a gambling platform, so sure. Go for it. 

Based on what I see, the $12 NFT I bought is selling around $180-$190 range.  There were 5000 sold originally.

The $100 Ruby Premier is approaching $3000.  There were 375 sold originally.

Man that NBA Top Shot thread sure went dead fast LOL.  This latest NFT thread made me think of this ELI5 thread from Reddit a few weeks ago.  Agree or disagree with the following?

I finally understand this now.

Imagine a bunch of kids each with millions of dollars on a playground.

They're bored, so they decide to invent a game called "In The Name Of...".

This is how you play: someone names something cool out loud; say Alice shouts out "Michael Jackson".

Everyone likes Michael Jackson. People start talking about how cool Michael Jackson is.

Then Billy wants to be cool, so he can shout out "In the name of Michael Jackson, here's $500,000!", and hand Alice $500,000.

Everyone says "Woah, that's a lot of money! Billy must really love Michael Jackson!". And now Billy earned some serious clout among his friends on the playground, because he spent $500,000 on doing that, which is impressive to them.

Charles wants to be cool too, but he can't just say the same thing and hand over money to Alice, because those aren't the rules of the game they made. The rules state that, if you want to also be cool in the name of Michael Jackson, you have to discuss with Billy upon an agreed amount (say $700,000), and once they come to an agreement, Charles can then announce to everyone "In the name of Michael Jackson, here's $700,000!" and hand over $700,000 to Billy.

So this just goes on and on. You can announce "In The Name Of..." something that's already hot and popular, or you can start a new thing by shouting "In The Name Of..." something new like "dinosaurs", and someone can give you money if they think announcing "In the name of dinosaurs" will earn them clout among the playground friends. But if you announce something uncool like "wet socks", no one's going to want to be caught dead announcing that they are giving you money in the name of wet socks, that's just stupid. Unless maybe it's ironically funny, like "poopy", then people might pay money to be "that guy who paid millions in the name of poopy, lol". You sort of just have to read the crowd and figure out what might impress them.

Alternatively, you could just not care about looking cool at all, but only care about making money. Then you can play the game by speculating what you'd think other people think would be cool, and trying to announce "In The Name Of..." that thing for a price that you think is a good deal, in hopes that someone will announce "In The Name Of..." for it at a higher price in the future.

So that's it. That's basically all NFT is. It has nothing to do with blockchain, or files, or ownership of tokens, or anything like that; those are all things that perpetuate the game (like having a official journal of who shouted "In The Name Of..." for what, how much, and when). The core of NFT is spending money in the name of a cool thing, such that being seen spending money for it is respectable or cool.

You might notice that there is absolutely nothing stopping another kid going "I don't like this stupid 'In The Name Of...' game, I'm gonna start a new game called 'I Pledge My Allegiance To...' instead", and everyone deciding that people who played "In The Name Of..." are superdorks and the new coolest thing is "I Pledge My Allegiance To...". And yes, that would mean everyone who spent millions playing "In The Name Of..." more or less wasted their money, since gloating to other kids that you spent $700,000 "In The Name Of Michael Jackson" suddenly became massively outdated and uncool.

So yeah, that's it. That's all NFT is about. The non-fungible tokens themselves are just like the journal in the game above: they perpetuate the game, but to be honest, you don't need it to play the game at all. Indeed, you could easily play the same game using a different structure. The trick is getting everyone to think your game is cooler than the other game such that everyone will want to play it instead. It just so happens that NFT uses a lot of cool technologies like blockchain and cryptocurrency, so that got everyone interested in playing it. All the talk about "owning an original copy of the digital file" is just like the kids on the playground saying "well yes, you announce 'In The Name Of...' to everybody, but also Stephen from 7th grade writes it down in his Yu-Gi-Oh journal that he got when his family went to Tokyo and he uses this really cool calligraphy pen, like the ones where you dip it in the ink pot, and you have to wait like five minutes for it to dry, it's all really cool". It's not that all the stuff about blockchain and stuff is untrue, it's just that people who answer you with this are describing the wrong part of the game that you're asking about.

Man that NBA Top Shot thread sure went dead fast LOL.  This latest NFT thread made me think of this ELI5 thread from Reddit a few weeks ago.  Agree or disagree with the following?

This is how you play: someone names something cool out loud; say Alice shouts out "Michael Jackson".

Everyone likes Michael Jackson. People start talking about how cool Michael Jackson is.

Then Billy wants to be cool, so he can shout out "In the name of Michael Jackson, here's $500,000!", and hand Alice $500,000.

Everyone says "Woah, that's a lot of money! Billy must really love Michael Jackson!". And now Billy earned some serious clout among his friends on the playground, because he spent $500,000 on doing that, which is impressive to them.

Charles wants to be cool too, but he can't just say the same thing and hand over money to Alice, because those aren't the rules of the game they made. The rules state that, if you want to also be cool in the name of Michael Jackson, you have to discuss with Billy upon an agreed amount (say $700,000), and once they come to an agreement, Charles can then announce to everyone "In the name of Michael Jackson, here's $700,000!" and hand over $700,000 to Billy.

So this just goes on and on. You can announce "In The Name Of..." something that's already hot and popular, or you can start a new thing by shouting "In The Name Of..." something new like "dinosaurs", and someone can give you money if they think announcing "In the name of dinosaurs" will earn them clout among the playground friends. But if you announce something uncool like "wet socks", no one's going to want to be caught dead announcing that they are giving you money in the name of wet socks, that's just stupid. Unless maybe it's ironically funny, like "poopy", then people might pay money to be "that guy who paid millions in the name of poopy, lol". You sort of just have to read the crowd and figure out what might impress them.

Alternatively, you could just not care about looking cool at all, but only care about making money. Then you can play the game by speculating what you'd think other people think would be cool, and trying to announce "In The Name Of..." that thing for a price that you think is a good deal, in hopes that someone will announce "In The Name Of..." for it at a higher price in the future.

So that's it. That's basically all NFT is. It has nothing to do with blockchain, or files, or ownership of tokens, or anything like that; those are all things that perpetuate the game (like having a official journal of who shouted "In The Name Of..." for what, how much, and when). The core of NFT is spending money in the name of a cool thing, such that being seen spending money for it is respectable or cool.

You might notice that there is absolutely nothing stopping another kid going "I don't like this stupid 'In The Name Of...' game, I'm gonna start a new game called 'I Pledge My Allegiance To...' instead", and everyone deciding that people who played "In The Name Of..." are superdorks and the new coolest thing is "I Pledge My Allegiance To...". And yes, that would mean everyone who spent millions playing "In The Name Of..." more or less wasted their money, since gloating to other kids that you spent $700,000 "In The Name Of Michael Jackson" suddenly became massively outdated and uncool.

So yeah, that's it. That's all NFT is about. The non-fungible tokens themselves are just like the journal in the game above: they perpetuate the game, but to be honest, you don't need it to play the game at all. Indeed, you could easily play the same game using a different structure. The trick is getting everyone to think your game is cooler than the other game such that everyone will want to play it instead. It just so happens that NFT uses a lot of cool technologies like blockchain and cryptocurrency, so that got everyone interested in playing it. All the talk about "owning an original copy of the digital file" is just like the kids on the playground saying "well yes, you announce 'In The Name Of...' to everybody, but also Stephen from 7th grade writes it down in his Yu-Gi-Oh journal that he got when his family went to Tokyo and he uses this really cool calligraphy pen, like the ones where you dip it in the ink pot, and you have to wait like five minutes for it to dry, it's all really cool". It's not that all the stuff about blockchain and stuff is untrue, it's just that people who answer you with this are describing the wrong part of the game that you're asking about.
Congrats on discovering humanity

The new signed Tom Brady NFT went on sale -- 100 at $250.   I was about 19500 in line.  They are now for reselling at $9000.   Not a bad racket for Autograph -- sell it for $250 and then make $900 when it resells.  DFK gets $450 on resell.

Is there any actual secondary market sales data available? All I see is reported asking prices.

Is there any actual secondary market sales data available? All I see is reported asking prices.
I’m not really sure how any of this works.

I don’t even know what the hell these things are.

I got an email this afternoon about whatever these are of Wayne Gretzky dropping at 3 PM for $12. I have some money in there from a free $10 bet they gave me earlier this week so I figured what the hell. I joined the waiting room I’d like 10 of three, bought one for $12 at 3:08, then it asked me if I wanted to sell it. I put a price in for $50.

When I check the site again five minutes later it was gone. Sold

🤷🏻‍♂️

Must’ve gotten lucky the 1st time. 19,000 in front of me this time and I got in the waiting room much earlier 

Draftkings is giving out free money with these things. A freeroll for a quick 6 figures in some cases. If I'm able lucky enough to be able to buy the Tiger Woods $1500 NFT I'm going to retire.

The big prizes are on Friday. Frustrating trying to convince my friends they want to buy these. Easiest money you will ever make.

Here's another explanation I saw a while ago: https://twitter.com/NumbersMuncher/status/1387769358387236873/photo/1

Bought for 75, sold for 400.  IT appears I may have priced too low.  I'm coming from nbatopshot where that kind of return is unheard of.  oof

Will be interesting if these appreciate in value once they can be moved off DraftKings onto the other NFT markets.

right now it’s only US who can buy (and not even every state).  I think Canada was opened up to purchase today as well.  

There always seems to be someone who has an edge, leaving people like me behind. Some people were able to join into the queue more than once and then had increased their odds of purchasing the NFTs.

One user — SweetBabyNicco — was able to purchase all five Brady-autographed NFTs. Another user was able to buy four of the five, eight managed three, and another 21 users got two.

https://www.usbets.com/draftkings-tom-brady-nft-statement/

😒

Users who are viewing this thread