What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DND List 2021 for scorned owners with hurt feelings or just been duped (1 Viewer)

Bald Bull

Footballguy
I'm curious on which players have burned you in the past and you refuse to draft them again. For me:

Mike Evans- this has been a few years ( since 2017)

David Johnson- This dude has fooled me on multiple occasions.

Rivers- Retired, but still hurt from all of the years of him burning me. 

Kamara- a big surprise, I know, but this is personal. I always trade him or for him at the wrong time (this is more GM issues, than player related). 

Last edited by a moderator:
Dalvin Cook - sat on that terd for 2 years , through a ton of injuries, finally cut him loose and he goes off. never again.

OBJ

Aaron Jones

Julio Jones

a SF RB.any SF rb on Shanny's team. never ever again.

M. Gordon

I will not draft Miles Sanders, this year or ever. 

There's my list. :thumbup:

6th round and you need an RB2? 😄

Hot Sauce going back to work

OBJ should be on pretty much everyone's list.  Seems to have a bunch of talent, but always seems to let his owners down.

In fact, his first season was his best, and its not even close.

Doesn't matter if its just injury, lack of desire, knuckleheaded-ness.....or a combination of all, you just don't get what you hoped for when you draft.

This guy can "C-rap on hookers" (remember that?????, that was awesome) , walk through the pregame activities swinging a baseball bat, find new and exciting ways to get injured, or even the latest "get 1.8 million of diamonds implanted and dental work done..... its all the same, he is on my "congratulations list".

If you draft him and beat me, CONGRATULATIONS , as he won't be on any of my teams.

TZM

Been burned a ton, bit I figure it's better to have amnesia about these sort of things. Like, just because Joe Mixon has dissapointed for most of the last 2 seasons (last year against Jacksonville and 2019 2nd half being the exception), I still want to objectively look at him as a potential 3 down RB on an ascending offense with a poor OL, and value him accordingly. Why let the bad luck of his previous seasons hurt my team again this season by bypassing value for something bordering superstition?

Maybe a better answer for me are situational parallels. I won't draft a guy recovering from a foot injury with a positive timeline. Because it seems like they always get reinjured. 

OBJ should be on pretty much everyone's list.  Seems to have a bunch of talent, but always seems to let his owners down.

In fact, his first season was his best, and its not even close.

Doesn't matter if its just injury, lack of desire, knuckleheaded-ness.....or a combination of all, you just don't get what you hoped for when you draft.

This guy can "C-rap on hookers" (remember that?????, that was awesome) , walk through the pregame activities swinging a baseball bat, find new and exciting ways to get injured, or even the latest "get 1.8 million of diamonds implanted and dental work done..... its all the same, he is on my "congratulations list".

If you draft him and beat me, CONGRATULATIONS , as he won't be on any of my teams.

TZM
so you don’t think he’s a post post post post post post post hype sleeper then? 🤔 

Been burned a ton, bit I figure it's better to have amnesia about these sort of things. Like, just because Joe Mixon has dissapointed for most of the last 2 seasons (last year against Jacksonville and 2019 2nd half being the exception), I still want to objectively look at him as a potential 3 down RB on an ascending offense with a poor OL, and value him accordingly. Why let the bad luck of his previous seasons hurt my team again this season by bypassing value for something bordering superstition?

Maybe a better answer for me are situational parallels. I won't draft a guy recovering from a foot injury with a positive timeline. Because it seems like they always get reinjured. 
This is the way

shadrap said:
James Conner

Julio

OBJ

any Detroit RB

Joe Mixon maybe.  still mulling it over.
Every time I have had Julio he has left me wanting more. 

After picking Mixon last year it felt like watching myself lock my keys in my car. I knew he was gonna be a bust before the season started. I feel like he's gonna have a big season this year. 

I’m surprised to see Evans and Aaron Jones on this list. 

I haven’t owned either in recent years but am targeting them at "value" this year (well, mainly Evans. But seriously considering Jones at my mid-1st half-ppr redraft pick). So what am I missing with both of those guys?

I haven’t owned either in recent years but am targeting them at "value" this year (well, mainly Evans. But seriously considering Jones at my mid-1st half-ppr redraft pick). So what am I missing with both of those guys?

I can only speak as to why Evans is on my DND list this year. He isn't going to sink your team but I don't see the reliability of good to great numbers from him this year. There's a ton of targets for Brady between the WRs already there (Evans, AB, Godwin), OJ Howard being back AND Gio getting added to the mix. I'll let someone else buy that frustration. 

The Aaron Jones hate I don't get. Very low risk pick IMO. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I won’t say there is any player I would never draft. However there are players I push way down my list that ensures I will not have them on my roster. At their current adp that will not be on my roster: Golladay and OJB

Evans is painful to own. Look at his game log, so many games he's saved by a touchdown. I'm talking 1-2 catches, 20 yards, and a TD. I'd rather have Robert Woods or TJ Lockett. To make it worst, Evans is commonly touted as a WR1 when realistically, he's a WR2/3. 

Evans is painful to own. Look at his game log, so many games he's saved by a touchdown. I'm talking 1-2 catches, 20 yards, and a TD. I'd rather have Robert Woods or TJ Lockett. To make it worst, Evans is commonly touted as a WR1 when realistically, he's a WR2/3. 
Pretty much agree with this, though Lockett was no picnic at times last season. Tried shopping Evans this offseason and no one seems to view him as a #2 even. Hoping for a blowup game and will try again.

Pretty much agree with this, though Lockett was no picnic at times last season. Tried shopping Evans this offseason and no one seems to view him as a #2 even. Hoping for a blowup game and will try again.
Agreed! At least Lockett had those blow up games that was almost like apologizing for the crappy games. But Lockett can be a headache also.

Biggest reason why FF is so interesting, there are like 5 guys named so far that I am actively targeting pretty much because people are averse to them.

Agreed! At least Lockett had those blow up games that was almost like apologizing for the crappy games. But Lockett can be a headache also.
Dude in my redraft league with Lockett somehow managed to bench him for his biggest games cuz he lost faith in him, then started him after just to get a lemon. 

I’m guessing he won’t be drafting him this year. 

Separately, a dude in my dynasty league was shopping him pretty reasonably & there were no takers.

Dude in my redraft league with Lockett somehow managed to bench him for his biggest games cuz he lost faith in him, then started him after just to get a lemon. 

I’m guessing he won’t be drafting him this year. 

Separately, a dude in my dynasty league was shopping him pretty reasonably & there were no takers.
I never had any major stakes with Lockett, but I got burned just by watching what he was doing to other owners. 

I never had any major stakes with Lockett, but I got burned just by watching what he was doing to other owners. 
Imagine leaving a 50 burger on your bench, then the next week benching a 20 point WR to get 4.

that was his Tyler Lockett experience. 

I had him the year before and he was more consistent with lower ceiling & higher floor, but he was still kinda inconsistent. 

Biggest reason why FF is so interesting, there are like 5 guys named so far that I am actively targeting pretty much because people are averse to them.
Reminds of seeing someone date an ex and in your head, you're saying "dude, you have no idea what you're getting yourself into, have fun."

Will fuller. Held him all season 2 years ago for his cakewalk playoff match-up and he pulls up lame on the 2nd drive of the game,  costing me a title.  Stays healthy last year and surprise....he was on PED's.

If you gave him to me in the 10th round I'd take him on leave him on my bench all season solely so he couldn't be used against me.

James conner might make the list after last year.  But I don't think I'll be tempted anyway. 

For me this only pertains to dynasty or larger keepers but it's Alabama RB's. This year is gonna be Najee Harris. I know his spot is perfect and will have tons of volume. But I just can't. Sitting at the 1.1 and I agonized over this because I need RB help. So much so that I carpet bombed trade offers and got the 1.4. In past drafts, Trent Richardson and Mark Ingram were top picks for me as rookies and missing on those high end picks really set my main team back when it happened. Mostly from my stubbornness to move on from them when I thought they weren't who I thought they were. So much so that early in his career I had Derrick Henry. His timeshare with Murray and those past misses led me to move away from Henry way too early. So my scorn is directed at Bama RB's and that filthy NFL caliber O-line they benefit from every year. 

Russel Wilson and or Lockett. 
Every time I own them they seem to have stretches of weeks that make any owner bench them. Then when I don’t own them they make it happen. I’ve soured on owning them ever again. 

Users who are viewing this thread